All member reviews for Cruel Intentions

Dangerous Liaisons among rich NYC teens.

Age

Parent of a 4, 5, and 6 year old Written byQueen Laura January 29, 2010

This movie is a great commentary on so many things that go on in the lives of high schoolers. Parents preach one thing while doing another. Kids are a lot smarter than we give them credit for. This movie is eye opening as to how kids respond to the hypocrisy that is so rife in the adult world.
Adult Written by90210fan February 1, 2011

for teens

Love it if u let ur teens watch prime time soaps let them watch this
Teen, 15 years old Written byredtaylib March 19, 2014

Gossip Girl the movie!

I thought that this movie was great, hilarious, and also had a great soundtrack. I was not a big fan of the tragic ending, but I think that it had a great story overall. There was frequent sexual dialogue and innuendo, alcohol, and language-- but none that a typical teen hasn't seen before. To me, it was like Gossip Girl the movie, but with different people and a much different ending. Try it out, you might like what you see!
Educator Written bysimpleseth July 21, 2013

Now THIS is what I call an Ideal Romantic Drama

Our story revolves around two step-siblings who make a bet. Regarding this bet, the sophisticated Sebastian must seduce the beautiful virgin Annette into bed. In the process, he not only falls in love with her but also ensues a love triangle with the naive and sexually inept Cecile. Once Sebastian's evil stepsister, Kathryn, realizes that her plans backfire, she tries her best to get ahead through blackmail and deceit. You know, 1999 was the year where incredibly brilliant movies came out. I must thank Roger Kumble for his successful attempt at his script, which resulted in perfect casting, splendid direction, suspenseful story turns, and an overall satisfying project!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjedwards173033199915 March 23, 2013

Cruel Intentions

The movie is great but kids 14-17 range should only allowed to watch this movie, its all about a bet about if the other person has sex
Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 November 9, 2012

Cruel intentions

Teen, 14 years old Written byajw1234 March 19, 2011

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 October 15, 2010

The big mistake this mediocre film makes is not making its 2 main characters likable. AT ALL. I hated both of them the entire movie, even after (SPOILER ALERT) Sebastian supposedly changes his ways, which is stupid. The whole thing's predictable, but it's ridiculously entertaining, and that's why got it its 3rd star.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykslabaugh April 9, 2008

a must see!!!

a great movie overall, it may not be suitable for younger children but it is a must see for the older ones an amazing movie [one of my faves]