All member reviews for Cutthroat Island

Geena Davis brings girl power to the pirate ship.

Parent Written byconcernedpop August 25, 2014

morally indefensible, but fun

this is a decent pirate action film, but parents need to be aware that EVERY character falls under one or more of the following: liar, thief, traitor, murderer. There is not ONE character who can be called decent. Morgan, the female lead, is great for female empowerment, but she is just as bad as anyone else in the film. Their lust for robbery is so great that even after they have all the money they would ever need, they choose to go on robbing! Based on this, I would hesitate to recommend this to any impressionable or young children, and would think older teens would be fine. It is also very violent with tons of sexual innuendo.
Kid, 11 years old July 4, 2015

Brilliant!

Little bit iffy but I watched it when I was 5 and any bits about sex or strippers just glossed over my head - the violence isn't THAT gory, my motto is: if you play call of duty or gta, this film will be fine :) Really good film though.
Adult Written byjasonfl86 April 9, 2008

cutthroat island for red necks

All i can really say about this movie is that jeff foxworthy must have had his friends ron white and larry the cable guy write, edit act in and produce this movie
Adult Written byVoiceofthekids April 9, 2008

I agree with Mr.reviewbelowme

I think that this movie was a total suck up to pirates of the caribian, quite a few changes though, enough so nothing copyright was an issue. lots of se><..type things and kissing, not recomended. but just becasue the movie sucks.