Dumb spoof is too raunchy, gross for tweens.

Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2011

Appropriate Rating

THIS MOVIE IS HILARIOUS! Some part I have to admit were a little vulgar(or allot) but the movie was funny because of the stupidity and overacting. This movie is and should be rated PG-13 because of the content. I would not recommended this movie to tween or kids under 14 or 15.
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylilmama80 December 11, 2009
Kid, 11 years old November 7, 2009

Bit Overboard

This movie was stupid. It had a few funny parts. Was that bad with violence or language. But sexual behavior was bad. you sow a teengae mother deliver while breake dancing. process is shown. More explict behavior is shown
Teen, 13 years old Written by8Dcoolbeans8D October 18, 2009

teens

it was kinda funny in a really stupid way. i just have to say something about the sexual behavior is inappropriate and the reasons why that are stated above. one of the reasons is interracial dating. now excuse me for having an oppinion but how stupid is that??? that is NOTHING wrong let alone sexually inappropriate about interracial dating. it happens people can date whoever they choose (as long as their parents approve of them if they are under 18) there is a lot of inappropriate stuff in this movie but that is definatley not one of them. and FYI if you think that it is inappropriate for your children to see interracial dating on movies then you really need to re-think a few things because it is the 21st century for goodness sakes and it happens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBDGIRL September 22, 2009

i am the sexy gril ok!

i like mezz
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag April 22, 2012

Silly spoof movie is not original but funny. Some sex and violence jokes.

"Dance Flick" is a parody of the movie "Save the Last Dance" by the Wayans family. Like nowaday's other spoof movies such as "Vampires Suck" or "Epic Movie", this movie is nowhere meant to be original. It is just meant to entertain the viewers and so it does. There is one hilarious scene involving a stage musical, and a funny parody of the song "Fame". Well yes, there are better comedies, but there are also worse. This is a movie you can watch, if you want to laugh out loud, but it is nowhere a must-see. The movie itself has some sex jokes, just as a woman with huge privates (we later see her beatboxing with it - all this is covered). She makes a reference of "having a huge c**t" but then continues "...ry music collection". Otherwise, the language is average mild PG-13 language. Several characters point with guns and so on. In a film-in-film sequence a man hacks off his leg (obviously fake, some tissue is seen - Note this is a film-in-film). Like with the movie "Save the Last Dance", the main spoof, there is the question if a relationship between black and white people is okay - however this movie makes fun of it. The jokes don't seem too offensive, since nearly everyone involved is colored. After all, this is suitable for viewers 12 and up.
Kid, 8 years old October 9, 2009
Adult Written byJackisthebest June 10, 2009

Dont see this movie

I was disappointed when I saw this bad spoof.There were jokes about sexual content.The acting was like scary movie.You can get it free here but to tell you the truth,dont get it.http://moourl.com/m05ae
Adult Written byelarin11 June 2, 2009

you'll definitely get a couple of laughs

The Wayans give it to you straight up- their humour is in your face pop culture and at times just overthe top. They are all about rapid fire jokes which you find sometimes funny other times stupids- its all part of their mo. flava flav eye yellow, djimon hounson black, the spoof of J huds Dream girls performance, Ray, Hairspray, the gay undercurrents of High School musical all get jabs!
Kid, 11 years old May 29, 2009

you do not need to think before going with a teen

AWSOME MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kids will love its comedy
Parent Written byPoisonPromise June 28, 2011

Not For Kids 14 and under

it is kinda vulgar i would not recomend you let your kids see it
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2010
Really funny but retarded.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytechnologylover12 December 25, 2009

GROSS!

Ok this is EXACTLY like scary movie A man sticks his tongue through his wife's ear and it makes fun of the female body parts!
Teen, 13 years old Written byCookieMonsterxD November 26, 2009

UGH

This Movie Uses bad terms of Launage and its Nasty , even i didnt like it. Its not worth watching.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 November 22, 2009

Actually Pretty Funny (Unrated Version)

THis movie is definatly not as good as Scary Movie, but it is a lot better then a lot of other spoof movies. There is a lot of language including f--k (used 3 times (one in the movie) two during the end credits music), c--t (which wasnt really used, ud have to see it to get it) and other minor words such as sh-t, b--ch, h-e, and lots more. The sexual content is very bad and almost continuous, im not going to comment on it just look up under the real review (but there was a surprising amount). There was some violence but it wasnt bad. *I Checked some of theatrical version and it was basicly all the same
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTosha_knows_best November 11, 2009

Its perfect for teens. (its very funny and there's no sex in the movie.

Its a very good movie i think kids will love the jokes. i dont know why a lot of parents was saying it shouldnt be PG-13. its not that bad they dont show any nudity at all! and theres only 1 kissing part but it only last 5 seconds. it is a lot of cussing though. but my kids know better then to go around cussing and they know not to repeat bad stuff they see on tv.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bydanielleL1987 July 20, 2009

perfect for older and mature kids

its very funny
Adult Written byfunnaybunny July 8, 2009

my 10 11 and 12 year old watched it and thought it wasnt all that funny

To watch this your child has to know right from wrong, real from fake and what words not to use what things not to say what references not to make
Adult Written bymamason June 8, 2009
I saw this movie with my 14 year old step son (I wish I would have found this site before then). I was absolutedly horrified. I was embarrased that I took him to see it and as his step mother, I was embarrassed by the lude and totaly inappropriate references to the female body and other sexual situations. This never should have been rated PG13.
Parent of a 3, 7, and 7 year old Written byryanollo June 1, 2009