All teen and kid member reviews for Dark Shadows

Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2014

HILLARIOUS! BEST. MOVIE. EVER!! A "MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!"

"dark shadows" is BY FAR the BEST FILM EVER! Some scenes might be too intense, tho. Barnabas Collins is a vampire, so naturally there's going to be some blood. but surprisingly, there isn't a whole lot of gore except in a few scenes, one of which he is scene grabbing people by the throat. in another scene, he bites somebody (it's not shown) and his face is covered in blood after. also, several women are seen posing, talking, and behaving in sexy ways, although there's no actual sex. so i'd say 8+, but it really depends on the 8-year-old.
Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2012

MUST SEE AT LEAST 9-UP

Yes, in ways, this movie was SOMEWHAT innapropriate, but, I am ten and when with another 10 year old and an 11 year old, and with know parents, where had a great time! We all agree that it was superb!! I loved Johnny Depps role, and he played it well!! I would give it at least a 9.9 of ten, and 5 out of 5 stars. Loved it. My new fav.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjadeybug12 May 11, 2012

Dark Shadows

I saw the midnight primere of Dark Shadows, and I loved it. Some scenes were a bit intense, and there were a few sexual scenes as well (nothing TOO bad is shown) and many drug and drinking refrences, but all in all a good movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byQwerty55 January 8, 2014

It's okay for early teens and late preteens.

I let my 12 year old watch Dark Shadows. There is a lot of sexual stuff and violence, but I think it's okay for children in early teens or late preteens.
Kid, 12 years old August 9, 2013

Definitely no younger than 12

Really good movie for teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEgold123 October 14, 2012

Sexualy gross

I really love Johny Depp so I was very dissaopinted in this movie. The sexual parts of the movie were very disgusting and I personly do not sugest you see it. It kind of ruined my love for Johny Depp. :(
Teen, 15 years old Written bytylerkippert August 3, 2012

Good Movie Remake of the 1960's-1970's Soap Opera

-Violence: There are flashbacks of a girl being tortured for seeing ghosts. Barnabas is sometimes seen with blood on his mouth. One character's skin is like glass and breaks. -Sex: A lot of implied sex. One scene shows a woman descend down to the man's pelvic area. Barnabas hooks up with many characters. Some kissing. -Language: S--t, h--l, a--, b--ch, etc. -Drugs: In one scene, a circle of teenagers are smoking a joint. There is some alcohol This movie has some suggestive content in it, but it is enjoyable. Fans of the series may be impressed
Teen, 14 years old Written byjujuluvsdance July 15, 2012

Straange

The movie was to my surprise not a "kids" Movie. It had some sexy sences that were uncomfortable for the little ones. I only laughed about once or twice and the only funny parts were actually in the Trailer. There is a lot of killing (Only because of the Vampire aspect of it) it was a little evil. The features were laughable fake. Overall it is a pretty good movie
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobsterReviews July 1, 2012

Dark Shadows

Dissapointing horror comedy had messy crap. Just messy movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byathenaexarhos May 30, 2012

the best movie for kids

Kid, 12 years old May 25, 2012

Dark Shadows

This movie was very funny. There was not much violence but there was some killings with mild blood. The Language was pretty strong including B***h,S**t,B*****d,W***e,and D**n. The sexual content was pretty strong with one scene of sexuality involving Depp and Green and some pretty strong sexual references. This is not really a horror movie it is more a comedy but still pretty iffy for young kids.
Kid, 12 years old May 20, 2012

Don't bother

When I saw the trailer for Dark Shadows, I thought it was going to be a funny vampire movie spoof. Turns out they took the only funny parts of the movie and put them into the trailer to make it seem like it was going to be a comedy. With Johnny Depp, I'm used to funny movies and this wasn't funny. It had a couple funny parts, but I expected much more. There was constant killing and two women committed suicide by falling off a cliff. Frankly, it was quite frightening. There was a disturbing image of a ghost. When a little girl was taken away to a mental asylum, she was screaming for her parents. Then she had electric shock treatments which were very disturbing to me. The constant sexual references made me uncomfortable and made me want to leave the theater. There was one sex scene in which you didn't actually see anything but made me uncomfortable anyway. The swearing wasn't too bad, but there were some pretty bad words in there, ex. wh--re, bas--rd. The violence was horrible. The women fell off the cliffs and you see them smashing onto the pointy rocks below. There was an excessive amount of killing. I wish I hadn't gone to see it.
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2012

my cousins review

i did not go but that's because i read this!!!!! My mom was trying to drag me into the theater and i told her, and i quote,"NO IT IS FOR ADULTS!!" and i had to say that so many times you have no idea but anyways my cousin went to see it and she says (shes actually 2 years younger than me) DO NOT GOOOOO
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn May 13, 2012

Tim Burton's best movie in decades is full of gore, violence, innuendo and some seriously suggestive content

Tim Burton's latest film and team-up with Johnny Depp, Dark Shadows, is a heck of a lot better than it ought to be. Now, every year, or during every summer scene, rather, there is one movie out there that looks good, but you are never expecting much. So, this is the first big surprise of the year for me, and it is easily the first great movie of 2012 for me, as well. Nearly every movie that I have seen this year, thus far, has either been just good, okay or terrible. Even The Avengers, which is still collecting it's massive box office cume, wasn't really all that great. It was a good superhero movie, for sure, but even that film could have been so much better. But, here we have Dark Shadows, which is easily Tim Burton's most bizarre, creepy, weird, original, hilarious and fun movie since Beetlejuice. Now, Dark Shadows is based of the infamous cult classic British soap-opera television show of the 1960's and 1970's, and the film is set during 1972, and the whole retro look of the film really makes it feels like you just stepped into another time. Also, Tim Burton has his best set designs and special effects work here since Sleepy Hollow, with the Collins family mansion and town of Collinsport given it's own little Gothic look to it. But, with performances, they are all fantastic here. Honestly, there is not a single bad or even remotely unlikable character here, with the best of course being Johnny Depp as the 18th century vampire brought into the 20th century, vampire Barnabas Collins, Michelle Pfeiffer as the mother of the 20st century Collins Family, Jackie Earle Haley as Willie Loomis, the caretaker, and, of course, a rather vicious Eva Green as Barnabas Collins re-vamped (ha ha) ex-lover Angelique Bouchard. But, than again, everything here is works so well, that everyone is good. So, I really must say, job well done to Mr. Tim Burton, for delivering us his best movie in nearly two-and-a-half-decades. But, despite the fact that this movie is Rated PG-13, there is tons of very questionable content, and most parents will almost certainly have a problem with letting there younger children watch it, but here we go: The movie is filled with wall-to-wall crude and sexual humor, innuendo and even a very funny and very rough scene of our two main vampire leads having "supernatural sex" and pretty much wrecking the entire room that they are in, in the process, and we see the entire scene on screen for close to three minutes, but it's all fully clothed and very, very comical. Also, there are countless references to a 15 year old's secret sexual fantasies, including a masturbation joke and even a quick but graphic oral sex reference. Also, there is plenty of comic horror violence and gore, here, with lot's and lot's of blood pouring from peoples throats, eyes and even from paintings and walls inside the Collins family mansion. Also, there are some scenes which reveal the childhood traumas one one main female character, which involves her being sable to talk to ghosts at a extremely young age, and with her disturbed parents sending her off to a mental asylum, where she is struck in a rubber padded room and forced to wear a straight jacket, and even most disturbing, is a brief scene where she has electroshock treatment performed on her, completely on-screen, which will disturb many viewers in the audience. Also, there is some drug use, mostly of the pot-smoking kinds, plenty of smoking, drinking and drunkenness. And, finally, there is frequent but fairly average profanity, including several uses of sh-t, d-mn, h-ll, a--, a--h-le, b-tch and more. So, dark Shadows is easily the best movie of the year for me, so far, and it just might be the one movie that finally jump-starts the summer movie scene, as well!
Kid, 9 years old May 12, 2012

sink your teeth into my review

there is a McDonalds sign an scooby doo is on tv and more stuth not for kids
Teen, 16 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 May 12, 2012

yug

Out of order horror comedy is funny but very weird.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 May 11, 2012

Vampire comedy dragged, lacked laughs

This movie did not meet my expectations. I thought the ending was stupid and weird. It mixed too many fantasy elements all at once and was just weird. Mature kids, mainly teens, can see this. 11+ should be, but know your kid. I would not recommend this to anyone looking for a laugh.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 21, 2015
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2014

watch it

It's a great movie there giveing it a bad review kids under 11 should watch with a parent watch the movie it's good Eden dehaven
Teen, 13 years old Written bydoctorwhoiscool July 25, 2014

its deffenitly tim burton

I think this movie was good and I saw it on my 10th birthday. I really liked it and thought it was fine apart from one sex scene and a bit of blood. but then again I am a huge fan of Tim Burton and have gotten used to his content in his movies. definitely not for under 10's though