All member reviews for Delivery Man

Instant-fatherhood comedy features unexpected heavy moments.

Teen, 15 years old Written byiPunk November 24, 2013

Okay movie shows how people should be more honest

There was one of his children that was a drug addict, and she overdosed and had to go to the hospital. When she got better, the doctor told Dave (Vince Vaughn) that didn't know her at all but was the biological father that she could do their rehab program and that they have had great results. He goes too talk to this kid and she says that she doesn't need it. People deny that they need help all the time, whether their issue is anger, self injury or even suicide. People think that when they are getting help for their mental health they are admitting that they are crazy, but they are not. Everyone needs help sometimes, whether it's with your mental health or just moving a heavy couch. There are some sad scenes, but there is a message about honesty.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykenwi November 22, 2013

JUST FOR TEENS!

I thought it is going to be okay! But not for little ones!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover7271 December 13, 2013

Very funny!

How would you react if you were told you are the biological father of 533 children? Well, delivery man is all about that. Vaughn is David Wozniak, an irrisponsable meat delivery man, sperm donor and pot grower, but when he recieved the message 142 of his 533 biological children are suing to find out who he is, taking him on a journey to meet as many as he can without spilling the beans. Delivery Man is very funny, but for what age group? I say 12 and up because the jokes would go over anybody younger's heads, and be a little to innapropriate for them. I highly reccomend it though, you'll be in for a good laugh!
Parent Written byGabep December 14, 2013

Suprised with 12 Year Old

My 12 year old daughter really wanted to see it, but it seemed raunchy. To my surprise, it was not that raunchy, even though it wasn't that good. It is definitely fine for most kids age 12 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byironkid21 December 2, 2013

Vince Vaughn does something different and succeeds in this heartwarming tale of fatherhood...(SPOILERS!)

I really enjoy Vince Vaughn! Sure, he has lots of bad movies (The Break Up, Four Christmases, The Dilemma) but even in those, he provides some fun moments! Swingers and Dodgeball used to be my only favorite movies he's done but recently The Watch and The Internship have surprised me and made me glad he's finally starred in some fun movies! I was hoping Delivery Man could also do the same and thankfully, it did! Of course with a much more touching approach! All Vaughn talk aside, Delivery Man is a remake of a hit french canadian film Starbuck. I haven't seen Starbuck yet but I will eventually so I can't compare the two. But I enjoyed Delivery Man quite a bit! The main character walks into his apartment and out of nowhere this guy tells him that he donated a lot to fraternity clinic and has ended up with the result of 533 children. The main character tries to deny the news with a bat in his hand and using a Spanish accent but then faces the facts. I know when you read the description you think, ugh, another Adam Sandler style juvenile comedy but this actually has a more sincere tone then you might imagine. The way Vaughn's character bonds with his 533 children is really heartwarming. And he honestly saves a lot of their lives in ways like he was destined to find out about his 533 children. For example, had he not pretended to be a pizza delivery man then a girl would've just been laying there after overdosing on drugs and may have not started off fresh and got a job at Bloomingdales. Moments like these in Delivery Man must make you at least feel a little bit of "awwwww". But don't get me wrong, it still has its comedic moments! Especially Parks and Recreation's Chris Pratt as Vince Vaughn's friend/lawyer, with lots of funny moments involving him and his children! Vince Vaughn doesn't really get to do his fast talking guy mode but that doesn't mean he doesn't get to still do really good acting! I mean what can I say...it's Vince Vaughn! He's as funny and lovable as ever! Cobie Smulders, even though she doesn't show as much comedic presence as on her hit sitcom, How I Met Your Mother, she's still really good here as Vince Vaughn's newly expecting girlfriend. Overall, Delivery Man ended up being everything I wanted! A good Vince Vaughn movie and a heartwarming movie that made me leave the theater with a smile on my face!
Kid, 11 years old December 30, 2013

I saw this with my friend, and it went over our heads.

There were swears and jokes in this movie that kids wouldn't get. The movie was just not understandable, and I don't get how a man could be a biological father to 533 sperms.
Educator and Parent Written byMovie Review Maven June 1, 2014

For kids who know about the birds and the bees

Delivery Man came out on the Big Screen several months ago, but today it finally hits the DVD market on your local store shelves. If you missed it, now's your chance to catch a heart-warming movie. Movie Title: Delivery Man PG-13, 1 hour 43 minutes Grade: B+ In a Nutshell: A feel-good movie by Ken Scott, this film is based on the true story of a sperm donor who discovers he has fathered 533 kids. Less than a year before this one hit theaters, Ken Scott made a similar French-Canadian film entitled Starbuck which hardly anyone in the U.S. saw, but was a hit with our northern neighbors. Cue Vince Vaughn for box office magic. There is a sweet and goofy charm to both movies that will leave you smiling. Uplifting theme: First of all, having kids really does make you better, as Vince Vaughn’s character David Wozniak says. The film is not only about children searching for their father, but a father searching for meaning in his life. As the tag line for the movie says: “You’re never quite ready for what life delivers.” We all have heartaches and joys along the way. The lesson is to learn from them and become better each day. Things I liked: The movie asks some good questions that are worth discussing about adoption, donors, paternity and privacy. Should adopted children have the right to know who their parents are since they never signed an anonymity clause? What do YOU think? I'd love to read your comments below! How I Met Your Mother: The Complete Series fans will love seeing Cobie Smulders in the role of Emma. The misty-eyed sentiment is schmaltzy, but it still worked on me. Look at the kids’ expressions right after Vince says David was his lover. The likeable character Vince Vaughn plays has a heart of gold, despite his immature actions. Thankfully, we get to watch him “grow up” and discover what’s truly important in life. Things I didn’t like: Where are all of the mothers of these 533 children? So many films today treat fathers as invisible or irrelevant, so I must say that it’s nice to see one where fathers truly matter. And they do. I wouldn’t say this film is a straight out comedy; it’s more amusing than hilarious. Tips for parents: There is some content that warrants caution for parents of younger children: 1 F-bomb, some other milder profanity, drug use and masturbation are implied, and two men kiss briefly on the lips.
Written byAnonymous April 26, 2014

Not What I Expected

Not as funny as I thought it would be. More drug and sexual references and swearing than I thought too. Also surprisingly deep. Still a good movie, but not really a comedy.
Kid, 12 years old April 1, 2014
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovemaroon5 December 21, 2013

Very Very Funny

Delivery Man was a very funny movie. There were some boring parts, but it as the right amount of comedy, with a very touching side. It reminds you that family, no matter HOW big, should always ban together. Overall, a very good movie.
Adult Written byzeekattacklee February 1, 2015

Delivery man Review

I liked it.. The film might go over younger viewers head.. On that note, The film does contain a lot of mature Material and a little bit of drug content.. Otherwise perfect for mature teenagers and adults..
Parent Written bymgcmanmike January 20, 2015

Where's the reality in ANY form?

All 533 children never show any sign of a mother or family in the movie. How's that possible? Why doesn't the mom explain why she used a sperm donation clinic? Why does the lawyer with 4 kids NEVER have a baby sitter for his 4 kids when he's gone? My wife and I hated it. Some funny scenes but doesn't a movie have to have some believability?
Written byAnonymous November 2, 2014

Dark dramatic Vaughn remake is. Unexpected graphic and moody

My rating:PG-13 for violence,language,sexual references,disturbing images,drug use and thematic elements
Teen, 14 years old Written byeschmu May 5, 2014

LOVED this movie!!

Fantastic movie for the family. It had a good message about families. Vince Vaughn played the character very well and I loved the story line. It does talk about sperm donation and references to drinking. It says the F word once in the whole movie and does swear a little after that. But other than that I thought it was great.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNice to meet you April 13, 2014

Delivery Man Delivers

Great Tale that is surprisingly funny and good (even though this movie has Vince Vaughn in it).