All member reviews for Despicable Me 2

Kid, 9 years old July 3, 2013

Awesome:)

Wow! I loved it! It has some very good actors and actresses like Steve Carell, Miranda Cosgrove, and a bunch more! I loveed it and it is TOTALLY appropriate!
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2013

Best movie ever ever ever etc.

Spoiler alert! It was amazing! A+++++ just like #1! It's about 2 love story's. Margo falls in love with the evil villains son. Antonio is this totally bad boy with a leather jacket, and sort of looks like he is from the musical, Greece. Antonio ends up being a jerk. Love story #2; Gru and minions r making disgusting jelly. Girl named Lucy works for the Anti-Villain League. Gru and Lucy fall in love and at end, married! Minions turn bad and so does Dr. Nefario. But then they turn good. Overall wonderful movie and SO awesome!
Teen, 17 years old Written byndrwcd July 4, 2013

third favorite cgi animated movie of 2013 behind the croods and monsters university

Better than the original although there is one point in the movie were the minions turn into creepy,vicious,screaming,aggressive,killing purple minions which might scare younger kids(but don't worry they turn back into the little yellow loveable minions we all know and love)plus they get more screen time in this movie than in the original despicable me
Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2013

Great Sequel to the 2010 hit but better than the first!

This movie was great, saw it today and the whole audience laughed, great plot, animation and role models, my MPAA Rating: G.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn July 4, 2013

looks better than the first one!

I saw the trailer for this and it looked brilliant!
Teen, 14 years old Written byUnicornGirl July 11, 2013

Too many minions. Lots of innuendo. Scary scenes.

This movie was ok, but not as good as the first. Why? Too. Many. Minions. I just about died after the first half hour whenever I saw one of those little yellow guys. When the producers found out everyone loved the minions, they made sure that this movie had minions in every. Single. Scene. The movie posters ALL involved minions, and the plot was slowed down by them. Ugh. This movie can be scary for little kids I guess, ESCPECIALLY with the purple minions. That even gave me the creeps. This movie also seemed to have a bunch of underlying innuendo that flew over the kids heads. Grus date, Shannon, wears a tigt strapless dress and gets shot in the butt with a knock out gun. Gru and Lucy later tell the officer she had passed out from drinking too much. I mean really? This movie is for kids! Also, in one of the many minion scenes, we see the minions partying, and one of them is pole dancing. Also, in another minion related scene, we see a minion day dreaming about marrying Lucy, and he drinks a whole bottle of wine on a date. In the begining, when Angus says , "I know what makes you a boy!" Gru asks nervous and says, "you do?" The main problems with this is WWWAAAAYYYYYY over use of minions, scary scenes, and lots of inappropriate moments.
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 7, 2013

No offense everyone else, but the first film was just a bit better.

Some of the material in the film might have been unsuitable for YOUNGER children.
Teen, 16 years old Written byAwalkeratCSM March 9, 2014

It's official -- we should never encourage the making of cartoon sequels.

Stupid. Stupid humor. Stupid reactions and counter reactions from the characters. Stupid, cliche`d plot. Stupid minions; they only exist to provide a lame, failed distraction from the feeble fluff that is called the substance of the film. In one phrase, a waste of time... ... and a waste of the animators' time and sweat. The brilliancy of true humor doesn't exist in hardly any aspect of "Despicable Me 2," and there are too many examples in the film for me to pinpoint which one to give you, probably the whole kidnap scene near the beginning -- even the once-famous minions are now tiresome balls of yellow with the humor and reactivity of a seventh-grade boy (not like I hate seventh-grade boys, in many ways their better than seventh-grade girls, just their immaturity is a problem). The first movie was okay, but this just spreads mud over the whole image of the films' story and characters. Indulge yourself on "Megamind" or the satire of "Over the Hedge." Or, plant your kids in front of the Planet Earth series; much more educational. For the sake of being specific on content, I think that the sexual innuendo, however very indirect, is way too abundant to make this a good pick for young kids. Parents have also complained that the action can be a little to daunting for kids to process, so take that into the weighing of whether to see this film or not. It is worth mentioning, before closing, that I have been developing into a picky movie viewer the past few years. My tastes mainly range into critically-acclaimed action, foreign dramas, political thrillers, and other movies of similar genes; cartoons rarely fall among my list of favorites unless they intelligently satirize society or events or have an original plot structure. Or their foreign. This should explain, in part, my piercing dislike for this "movie." Everyone has a different perception of humor, so for all I know you might perceive a sneaky, hidden element in the devices that make up the mix-of-ten-wearily-retold-plot-lines story and think this movie is utter hilarity; don't take my review too seriously. After some reflection, before publishing, I feel beholden to admit that I didn't watch the entire movie. I got fed up half an hour into the mess and found an Israeli drama on Instant Play to help me bide my time. My dad later came into the office to affirm my impressions: not good. His watered-down answer is very typical of him. Note the phrase "watered down," to imply there is more, and an adjective that pretty much describes the intelligence of "Despicable Me 2."
Teen, 17 years old Written byswagmanswaggieswag July 20, 2013

Lovely movie

Loved it very appropriate for kids all ages.
Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2013

Hilarious!!!!!!!

Despicable Me 2 is better than the first one and is very funny.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2013

Awsome movie

I saw this the day it came out and i really liked this movie. There are moment's that are really funny in this film and in the end quite a bit of action to keep people entertained. the little yellow minions at one point in the film turn into evil screaming purple monsters which might scare little kids. this was a great movie and was possibly better than the first
Teen, 16 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 July 5, 2013

Saw it today.

When I heard that they are making a sequel to Despicable Me, I thought "Wow, this has a LOT of potential". Because I was expecting it to either be very good or to end up like most sequels. So, I saw Despicable Me 2 today with my friend, it was even BETTER than the first one. The first DM film was awesome too, but I was laughing non-stop when I saw this. The minions were so funny. I laughed so hard at them. The whole "tortilla chip hat" joke was so funny. I laughed so hard when Lucy (Gru's new love interest) was imagining that everyone on the plane was Gru. The CGI was great as well. Also, perfect acting. *claps hands*. Goodnight everyone, I hope you see this masterpiece before it's no longer in theaters. If you miss it, buy the DVD.
Teen, 16 years old Written byB-KMastah July 5, 2013

ACTUAL fun for all ages.

Loved it! Like the first one, it's funny, smart, cute, wonderfully animated, has great voice acting (Kristen Wiig was a great addition), and it's heartwarming yet completely fun for all ages. Like the first one, the 3D is very good with a nice depth of field and stuff that flies out at you, which is so refreshing. A 3D movie in actual 3D! The entire audience loved it and the minions were amazing. I can't wait for their own movie. Edit: I saw this three times in three days. 9.2/10, amazing, far above average, two thumbs up, etc.
Kid, 10 years old July 4, 2013

Fun Sequel, Family Fun

WOOP this was such a good movie!! This movie is so funny, with clever dialogue, funny expressions, and the all-too-adorable minions!!!! This movie is *GASP* better than the original (Just by a wee bit though) Yes, the plot was extremely predictable, but the funniness and the zany characters made up for the plot. Gru is an amazing Dad (I wish my dad was that nice -_-) and Lucy Wilde is hilarious. And, the minions. I was laughing every second they were on screen! Due to watching too many clips, inside looks, featurettes, leaked trailers, etc., the movie was no surprise to me since I already knew everything! But I still enjoyed very much. Ultimately, the hype is true: WATCH IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byStemma21 July 3, 2013

Fun and family friendly

Mild silly violence and potty humor, but this is really funny. Really good sequel
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2015

I can't stop laughing!

I really can't stop laughing at this movie. If I mix it with all the funny scenes from The Lego Movie, it gets funnier! XD Yes, I did laugh at some rude humors like, a girl being tied in a car and later gets hit on another car (she's uninjured), the same girl being stuck on a glass door, Gru pushing the women he joined in yoga, Gru kicking a garbage can while he is sad, Gru throwing a frisbee in the canal, and Gru pushing a boy back and forth (it is actually played for laughs). Some romance in this movie (Gru marries a girl at the end) and Gru's daughter going on a date with a boy (she breaks up with him later and he is frozen by Gru). The scary scenes have injecting of minions and they turn into purple scary minions (still cute but harmful). I don't think it is educational. It is a movie for laughs. But there are positive role models like Gru and his daughters. The movie is entertaining and funny. But there is actually no story to tell in the movie. Still, it is good.
Kid, 7 years old May 3, 2015

Excellent !

DO NOT take your child under 5 to see this movie! This movie has some Action,Violence, and sexy stuff.
Kid, 10 years old May 1, 2015

how despicable me is a little in appropriate?

one minion shows his butt in public
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

Great Movie!!!!!!! <3 MINIONS

The minions are so cute. This is a sweet movie but more violent than number 1. If your 6-year-old is sensitive, have them watch #1 and see how the do. Than watch #2.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEvelyn's Reviews January 2, 2015

Cute, but not as good as the first

I thought this movie was pretty good when I saw it, a little too silly. But kids will definitely love it! I just didn't enjoy as much as the first.