More minions and romance make for a sweet, silly sequel.

Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2015

I can't stop laughing!

I really can't stop laughing at this movie. If I mix it with all the funny scenes from The Lego Movie, it gets funnier! XD Yes, I did laugh at some rude humors like, a girl being tied in a car and later gets hit on another car (she's uninjured), the same girl being stuck on a glass door, Gru pushing the women he joined in yoga, Gru kicking a garbage can while he is sad, Gru throwing a frisbee in the canal, and Gru pushing a boy back and forth (it is actually played for laughs). Some romance in this movie (Gru marries a girl at the end) and Gru's daughter going on a date with a boy (she breaks up with him later and he is frozen by Gru). The scary scenes have injecting of minions and they turn into purple scary minions (still cute but harmful). I don't think it is educational. It is a movie for laughs. But there are positive role models like Gru and his daughters. The movie is entertaining and funny. But there is actually no story to tell in the movie. Still, it is good.
Kid, 7 years old May 3, 2015

Excellent !

DO NOT take your child under 5 to see this movie! This movie has some Action,Violence, and sexy stuff.
Kid, 10 years old May 1, 2015

how despicable me is a little in appropriate?

one minion shows his butt in public
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2015

Great Movie!!!!!!!

The minions are so cute. This is a sweet movie but more violent than number 1. If your 6-year-old is sensitive, have them watch #1 and see how the do. Than watch #2.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEvelyn's Reviews January 2, 2015

Cute, but not as good as the first

I thought this movie was pretty good when I saw it, a little too silly. But kids will definitely love it! I just didn't enjoy as much as the first.
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2014

Great family comedy

Violence- 1 (Some guns)
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

This Was A Spark

This was a good movie but started an era of horrible animations. This sequel is romantic, not funny for 10 and up kids, and lots of minions.
Kid, 9 years old June 26, 2014

Super Funny!

Despicable Me 2 is a super funny comedy that your family will enjoy. They even make the parts that you wouldn't like funny. You should see it! This movie teaches you to never give up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDarky'sReviews June 18, 2014

Pretty Funny But Overrated

I wasn't too sure about this one, since it looked sub-par in the previews and you know what they say when sequels don't seem to be as good as the first. But my sister (9 at the time) was begging my parents to see this movie for weeks on end, so I got dragged into this movie regardless of my opinions. Even after watching, I still don't get the endless praise this movie gets now. Don't get me wrong, this movie still has all of it's funny bones and I had a good laugh at many of the jokes but the writing was so darn PREDICTABLE and most of the characters we saw in the first movie get little to no screen time or extra development. Heck, the only thing Edith (the one with the pink hat) did the entire movie was playing as a ninja at her (step?) sister's costume party. The main concerns that parents might pick up are the evil purple minions the main villain creates, a bumbling romance between Gru and newcomer Lucy, Margo's blushing episode with a hot boy (which Gru objects to for being the son of an untrusting shopkeeper.) and a small dose of fart, poop and adult jokes. Your kids will still consume this up like a hungry hippo despite of it's faults, just watch out for the mild peril, sexual tensions and innuendos. ON: 9+ IFFY: 5-8 OFF: 0-4
Kid, 8 years old May 18, 2014

funny

I like the minions
Kid, 9 years old April 15, 2014

Awesome!

Really funny, and not as sad as the first. I just dont get why Margo is so interested in boys at such an early age.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck April 14, 2014

Funny cartoon

If you ask me many cartoons they make are just mindless stupidity and the despicable me movies aren't in that category. They're appropriate, funny & kids might actually learn a thing or two if they watch this.
Kid, 8 years old March 18, 2014

Minions!!!!!!

Despicable me 2 is a great movie and all, but there is violence. There are guns, but only jelly guns and jelly cannons. And at one point minions are stabbed with a needle transplanting a purple toxic that will turn anything into a big, scary monster. One minions are transformed, they are tested by throwing a car at it, and the new minion swallowed it whole. A gun is fired at it, but it is not harmed. But it is a good movie but it involves only ONE kiss. It also involved Gru and two minions and a big scary El Macho monster. But it is a good movie, and there are ups as well as downs. Gru said once: Never get older to agnes. And also, it no drinking because in one scene beer is subbed with ice cream, so they are probably trying to make it appropriate for kids. Despicable me is a great movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byWebkinzEvelyn March 17, 2014

A lot funnier than the first film! Very amusing and silly!

I had to take a second look at this film to see really it's form of humor and it's actually pretty funny and silly! I liked it! It's very kid friendly because kids like that kind of crap! I like it too! It's hilarious! It' way funnier than the first film! It has less sappy moments even though there is one sappy moment in it you can get cheered up a little bit after that because during that scene the minions are doing silly stuff! There are a couple adult jokes but they do that in most kids movies anyway and they are anything major at all! They are just kind of there....
Educator and Parent of a 5 year old Written byFougy14 February 16, 2014

5 year old's review

It's a little scary. El Macho on one part is a little scary- when the minions get turned into bad minions he is scary.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymovie freak15 January 22, 2014

This one is even better than the last

I loved it. I thought it was funny and it was totally appropriate for all ages. Despicable Me 2 is the best. I hope they come out with a 3rd one.
Educator Written byVeraLumina January 21, 2014

Sequel Schmequel...This One's a Winner!

How often does the entire family get to gather together to enjoy a feel-good, silly, fun-to-watch movie? Although there have been a plethora of great cartoons of late (Brave, Madagascar, etc.), Despicable Me 2 does a fine job with lots of buffoonery, first boyfriend "like" experience with the eldest daughter, saving the world from evil scientists, tender father/daughter moments, and most importantly, laughs galore with the Minions! Children and adults will delight in these creatures whose antics will turn this sequel from "meh," to "well worth the rental fee!" Yes, the plot devices are a tad hackneyed, but who cares when everyone is eating popcorn and laughing!
Kid, 10 years old January 21, 2014

Despicable Me 2 Review

I don't see any problems expect action and humor. There is some dates, and wedding, but that's fine. Gru And Lucy Kiss ONCE In the movie shown. I liked the first Despicable Me better, but this one was still good. I didn't really think these movies are too funny. But I still really liked it.
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

Despicable Me 2 is a one way ticket to family fun!

If you want a movie slightly worse than the original, this is your choice. It was good and kids of any age will love it. How ever kids under five wouldn't understand the jokes.
Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2014

Not as good as the first, but as fun as heck

A well done animated sequel that lacks the originality of the original. However, it is most defiantly funnier then the first, and an overall good movie that I would be fine with watching again.