All member reviews for Despicable Me 2

More minions and romance make for a sweet, silly sequel.

Kid, 9 years old August 11, 2013

REALLY FUNNY MOVIE

Awesome really funny. I came out still laughing! Better then the first one. Also way more funny then the first.
Kid, 7 years old August 11, 2013

besr animated movie ever

its so good and more minions is funnier for little kids and very funny for adults now gru is maybe better now the bad guy is cool and theres a little violence but for small kids
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2013

Just as good as the first one!

Great film. Really funny. It should be OK for kids aged 6-13. I'm eleven and I loved it! Even my baby brother came to watch it! Some slight violence and younger kids probably won't get some of the jokes.
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2013

A must see for everyone

I adore this movie, possibly more than I adored the first. This prequel to the light-hearted, family-friendly comedy is definitely a must. Very humorous, the Minions bringing on many laughs!
Parent Written bypjckmen August 8, 2013

Play Games ^^

Birds Town, I hope my article helped you and I need to link from you and you are welcome to cooperate with me. thank you very much.
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2013

Cute!

I love this movie, I usually don't like little kid movies, but this movie is adorable. I just love the little minions!
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. August 1, 2013
Parent of an infant year old Written bysmithwife91 July 30, 2013

one scene did not need to be in the movie

There is a scene where the minions are celebrating in the basement in a "club like fashion" the ice cream is in martini glasses and shot glasses, some tables have polls in the center. Kids will not know what all of this means but still slightly inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperFast29 July 30, 2013

Nice movie

It's probably as good as the first one, had lots of funny moments.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe_Rapping_Crocodil July 23, 2013

A decent film

Despicable me 2, was somewhat entertaining. It had some laughs, and a hilarious villain, but that was about it. One of the movie's biggest flaws was the bland, boring, generic and forced characters. This applies to everyone with the exception of the main character, the minions and as I mentioned before, the villain. Another flaw with this movie, is there kind of is no plot, up to a certain point. If you see this movie, you'll forget most of it a while after you see it (with the exception of a few funny scenes). A decent film in all, and a nice(ish) family movie. Oh, and the animation was pretty good. And if your planning to see this movie, I recommend you see this movie in 3D (JUST WAIT TILL THE CREDITS!!!!)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlueHorse July 23, 2013

Fine Movie

This was an okay movie but the first was better. It is harmless. There is dating between a girl and boy, but their dates are perfectly harmless. And they are at that age. Gru is a lot nicer and the girls are as cute as always.
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2013

Decent and entertaining animated kids film is just as good as original.

The difference is the villain and that there's romance but it's still good.
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2013

Great Movie For Even Younger Children!!!

Upon seeing 'Despicable Me 2', I clearly saw that it was a funny movie that had a dash of romance and truck load of awesome animations. Put along with a great, family-friendly plot, it was overall a excellent film!
Kid, 10 years old July 20, 2013

Despicable me returns with more fun for the family! :-)

Despicable Me 2 is a very good movie! Gru (Steve Carell) is a humorous character, and he makes some jokes that are intended towards adults and that young kids won't get, but none of Grus jokes are inappropriate. Margo also "go's out" with Eduardo's son, but it's fine for young kids. Young kids may get scared for a couple frightening moments, but it's not to intense because cartoon violence is somewhat milder than real violence. Overall, this is a very engaging movie that kids 6 and up will enjoy seeing. I hope I helped!
Kid, 10 years old July 17, 2013

Not as good as the first one

The film was okay. It was not as good as the first one but still a cool action packed movie. Although the main target was little kids, it still was a okay movie.
Parent of an infant, 6, and 8 year old Written byMomma comma July 16, 2013

Must see, great sequel

This is a must see for all ages. I took my 2 oldest and they loved it. Do pause and watch it with your kids. If are infants or 4 yo, they may get scared. The rest is a spoiler alert. Just warning you. The minions turn purple and because they are such favorites, it may scare kids even though it turns out okay. It does have sexy stuff because Margo goes out on a date, and Gru goes on an " awful date". They never show any good dates of his but they do mention he went on 147 dates then they show his wedding day. They also have a very positive message about fathers and if you or your spouse is about to have a remarriage, steps. Role models are also things I spotted. This is great even for you and your spouse.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK bug July 15, 2013

I liked it

It was good. The plot was great and I loved how they made this KIDS movie enjoyable for teens. Although there is more love in this it is not a problem, the violence is a bit scarier and more personal but most of it is just funny, overall this is a movie worth seeing.
Teen, 14 years old Written byGaberdoodle July 14, 2013

The Minions are Back!

I saw Despicable Me 2 with my family and we thoroughly enjoyed it. With great voices by Steve Carrel and Kristen Wiig, and the ever funny yellow minions, it was hard not to laugh. On a scale of one to ten, ten being the worst, the following shows how much "bad" stuff there is. Sex/nudity - 3/10 - A huge portion of the movie is about falling in love. That is not the bad part though. In one scene, a little girl says to her dad "I know what makes you a boy!" and later says that it is because of his bald head. Also, in order to complete a mission, a character thrusts his hips suggestively at objects in a shop. More funny than graphic. Also, there are some kisses. A minion goes skinny dipping and we see a "full moon", all yellow and round. Violence - 3/10 - Eh, not much. WARNING SPOILERS AHEAD - Minions are taken and stabbed with a needle, injecting a harmful fluid that makes them monsters. Also, characters shoot jelly guns at other people. Nothing bad at all. Profanity - 1/10 - Minions say the word "butt" and "poop" but honestly there is no language. There is one scene where it looks like minions are partying and drinking, but instead of beer they have ice cream. In this scene, we briefly see a minion pole dancing, but you'll have to look for it and it lasts about 3 seconds. The minion is clothed. This is a funny, romantic, and family fun film for all ages. Go see it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byEmoWolfBoy July 14, 2013

Nice, Keep it up

Hilarious, fun, and affectionate (in some parts of the movie) best watch
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 July 13, 2013

Despicable Me 2 is Predictable Fun.

Despicable Me 2 has good animation and a good cast. Now that is really every good thing I can say without getting into the bad stuff. The story is very predictable but it is for a young audience so if you go into it with that in mind you should enjoy it.