All parent member reviews for Despicable Me

Adult Written bynduns July 10, 2010

Surprising...

Seriously, just like with Cloudy with the Chance of Meatballs, I wasn't expecting much from this movie but it was actually really good. It was funny, had a great story and premise and, well, I'd highly reccommend it.
Adult Written byOrlandoMom July 10, 2010

Kids Are Big Picture People

I think the subtle messages some parents may pick up (like common sense media's view on the orphanage), are not going to be noticed by most children. Children tend to be more "big picture," and the big picture here is that everyone needs to be loved. We need love most when we deserve it the least, and that's what this movie's big message seems to be. Gru is the Grinch and the girls are Cindy-Loo Who. I love this movie and will buy it as soon as it comes out on DVD. P.S. Though it was a long time ago, my mother lived in an orphanage. So as for how the worker was portrayed, my mother can tell you she knew both nice ones and mean ones while she was there. These girls got the box of shame. My motion-sensitive mother was made to sit in a swing.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byIRO July 10, 2010

Parent of a 4 year old Written byKristaBradley July 10, 2010

Fun Movie, Lots of Laughs

I thought this movie was great. It was funny and provided a lot of the silly humor (fart jokes, etc) that kids think is funny. The story line is loosely educational, but more humorous than anything. My son is 4 and this was his first 3D movie experience. He laughed the entire time and really enjoyed it. It's all he's been talking about since we saw it. The 3D was really well done in this movie. I read the reviews from the site and hadn't thought that the adoption part might be hard for families in that situation. Thinking back on it, I could definitely see how some would be put off by this scene. I think the outcome of the movie does have a good message in that Gru learns that being a bad guy is not as fulfilling as having a family that loves him and is proud of him.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bypuchasr July 9, 2010

My rating is based on my son's (8 year old) reaction to it, and I can tell he loved it. I enjoyed too.