All member reviews for Despicable Me

Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Kid, 0 years old August 13, 2010

Despicible Me- give it a go!

It's wonderful!!! I loved it so much I can't for it to come out!! Let your kids see it!! Maybe, sure it's a little violent-but that's alright!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMillyMolly August 12, 2010

Funny and great!
Teen, 14 years old Written by101movies August 11, 2010

e.g. Perfect for kids

this movie is perfect for kids and teens they seem to love it and Despicable me in 3D was the best
Parent of a 9 year old Written byogerana August 10, 2010

ITS FUNNY 100000000000000000000000000000000000000/10

FUNNY
Parent of a 3, 5, and 7 year old Written bylorieno August 9, 2010

Parent of a 12 year old Written bybuild99940 August 8, 2010

Parent of a 7, 9, and 14 year old Written byThedoples August 7, 2010

Good Stuff!

All my kids loved this movie and have been begging me to take them to see it again and already asking for it for Christmas. I also enjoyed it a lot! Probably one of the best movies we have seen this summer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byadamr2894 August 7, 2010

Well, the movie has its funny parts. Most parts are pretty weak, though. Not worth going to see it in a theater, rent it at Blockbuster when its on DVD. Also, it is pretty sad when the orphanage treats the 3 girls like crap.
Educator Written byKC4 August 7, 2010

Funny kids' movie

Just took my 6 yr old niece to see it and she LOVED it. It was a funny movie. Somewhat violent (main character is a villain who is into stealing, guns, and destruction).
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2010

perfect for 7+

this is good but they use "sucker" and "oh poop" is said twice
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2010

Perfect for all ages

This movie was the best!!!! It started when vector (gru's enemy) stole the pyramid of giza which to him was the crime of the century. Gru wanted to do something worse than that cuz he wanted to show vector who was worlds number one villan. His plan was to shrink the moon and take it ... so he needed money from the "bank of evel" The bank manager didn't give him the money cuz he know gru couldn't get the shrink ray first. So gru went to the place where the shrink ray was and stole it from them but then vector stole it from gru ... he needed the shrink ray back so he tried to get it but anything he did wasn't enought till the orphan girls came .... they were selling cookies and went to vectors house. Gru was watching them sell ALOT of coconuties so they got to go in vectors house.... so..... when he saw that they got to go in vectors house, he planed to adopt them..... he adopted them and he wanted to them to sell more coconuties to vector but first he had to go to the girls' balarina place.... then they sold the cookies to vector... one box of the cookies was robot cookies so the robots moved and disabled all the sucurity so gru got in and got the shrink ray... he told the bank dude and was impressed.. cuz the bank dude was vectors dad.....lol so the bank dude called in vector and had a talk wid him... so at gru's house the first days were painful but then later they got into a better relationship oh yah and the bank dude didn't give him the money.. so gru had a talk with all his minions and said they had no money to build the rocket to get the moon so the had to get jobs BUT the little orfans peeked inside and gave him their piggy bank then all the other minions gave him their money to so building to rocket was sucseesful, untill he found uot the swan lake concert was on the day off liftoff (the orphan girls concert) so he began thinking untill a doorbell rang and the adoption lady was at the door.. gru was surprise why she was here untill she told him she was taking bak the girls ( the old dude called her and told her to take em back cuz gru was thinking to much about them) so the lady took em bak. the next day was lift off and shrunk the moon and he grabed it. then he checked the time and thought he could make it to the concert but when he got there it was to late.....then saw a note on a chair and it said vector took the girls.... so gru went into vectors hideout.. (u'll never know how he got in, fine i'll tell you) vetor saw him coming so he sent heat seeking missles at him gru ran torward the heat seeking missles and jumped in every one and missed him exploding the door of vector's hide out do he ran to his tower but he had an escape pod so he flew in the air and gru went after him in his own ship and he got the girls and that is mostly it exept for the ending where gru made his own book and told it to them when it was night time thats all the main events, I loved this show
Teen, 16 years old Written byminaj August 5, 2010

bad me for smaller ones

definately a funny movie..... love it and for small kids too
Kid, 11 years old August 4, 2010

It is a very cute and funny movie for the family! A great movie for the whole family. I went with my family and my parents were even laughing. A good message.
Parent Written byMontses mom August 2, 2010

My 4 years old girl loved it, it is very funny, the minions are great, the girls are soooooo sweet (and dancing ballet like my daughter), and the despicable villain was a big hearted lovely guy at last. We didnt see it on 3d because I thought (based on reviews) it could be scary for a preschooler. I got some "difficult" questions from my girl, "mommy, why his mom doesn't like him?", "why are the girls being punished in a box?", "why are the girls in an horphanage?", so be prepared with answers. My girl found the shark a little scary and the dog at first, but she enjoyed the movie so much she was laughing so hard that was the louder laughter in the theater.
Parent of a 7 year old Written bysilvermama August 2, 2010

Surprisingly delightful!

Lots of funny moments, and a good overall story with a great wrap up.
Parent of a 3, 6, and 9 year old Written bycookemom3 August 1, 2010

Loved this movie. One of the funniest movies I have seen with the kids in a very long time. We didn't see it in 3D, and don't feel like we missed anything, it wasn't worth the extra money to us. Both my kids, ages 6 and 9 loved it!
Kid, 10 years old August 1, 2010

Awesome for 6+. Iffy stuff for 6 below

I thought it was okay, it was pretty funny. I also thought it was kind of sad the way the orphanage treated the girls.
Kid, 12 years old August 1, 2010

Good for almost any age

It was a cute movie. Funny, and positive. It went by fast, as in, it was a short movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykwalt44 July 31, 2010

Great! I loved this movie and know people of all ages that enjoyed seeing this animated comedy. It sends great messages about how soft a "villian" can be. The film is truly heart warming and the animation stuns. A must see for all ages.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byAuntie Ambika July 31, 2010

Funny and an opportunity to talk about orphans and that love is really is about opening your heart!

The turn around of the antagonist is darling and though yes, it begins as super villain story, it is really about opening your heart and letting love in through a cute silly story. We saw it in 3D and want to go back to watch in in 2D. It made us laugh and laugh!