Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 June 25, 2015

Despicable Me

Fun family movie, good for every kid to watch at any age I loved it, it was so funny.
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2015

hilarious

this is the best!!!!! so funny!
Kid, 11 years old May 6, 2015

Funny movie with a sweet ending

You will really laugh so much in this movie. Not only laugh but you will find the ending likeably very sweet. The movie tells a story about a supervillain named Gru who plans to steal the moon before another villain named Vector who has already stole the pyramid. But Gru gets distracted from stealing the moon by three of his adopted daughters until he changes from villain to loving father. The movie is really funny. Full of jokes and funny scenes like a robot invention made to be dancing and then a cute creature called minions joins in, the language of the minions, and their behavior. While very funny, there are some rude humors (or inappropriate humors) in the film like the little girl named Agnes screaming in Gru's car and then their car accidentally hits a grandma and then she falls (off a cliff uninjured and is offscreen), Gru popping a boy's balloon with no permission (after a prologue), and Gru's pants pulling off (you can see his smiley face patterned boxers). There are some negative role models like supervillains and a cruel girl named Miss Hattie (she seems sweet at first but later shows her cruelness). But there are positive role models like the three adopted daughters of Gru are helpful and they care and help each other. Language is not much, but there are a few. Though it is for a PG movie. No drinking, drugs, or smoking. There is a frightening scene where Gru and his girls rides in a roller coaster. It looks fun but scary if you are scared of roller coasters. Especially in 3D. The movie is very good. Funny and sweet. Be sure to see it. Just don't see it with adopted children because there is a seen that is very sad where the girls has to go back to the orphanage. But it's still recommended.
Kid, 11 years old March 22, 2015

Hilarious

Amazing heart filled comedy!
Adult Written byzeekattacklee January 23, 2015

Great family film..

I Love this movie a lot.. Although the film does have a little bit of rude humor and a little bit of cartoon violence. otherwise, This film is a laugh out loud film that everyone in the family will enjoy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEvelyn's Reviews January 2, 2015

Cute

I liked it a lot. It is not violent, some explosions but other than that no violence. A great message, I thought it was really cute! :)
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2014

good movie

This is a good movie and this film can tell children under 6 that bad people can change but the violence is a bit too intense for children under 4 because there are alot off weapons plus there are some scary scenes
Kid, 10 years old December 23, 2014

A funny movie NOT for adopted children

It's a really really funny movie that contains very mild language (such as butt and stupid). It does involve uncomfortable scenes for parents with adopted children. Adopted children should NOT be shown this movie at a young age. Very mild violence but no gore AT ALL.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMinionLover123 December 4, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 21, 2014

"Despicable Me" movie review

"Despicable Me" was one of my favorite movies of 2010. I think that the movie is great for children. It has so many funny moments and it is very entertaining to watch. There are many positive messages that run through the film. The villain eventually turns good and I liked how it was shown. I have watched this movie so many times. After a while this movie does get very boring. The only thing I loathe about the movie is the minions. Many people like them, but in my opinion, they slow down the movie. It was one of the best animated films of 2010. I really enjoyed the movie. It is fantastic for children who like comedies. I recommend checking it out if you know a younger child.
Kid, 9 years old August 13, 2014

good movie

good movie but some weapon some scenes maybe a bit scary
Teen, 13 years old Written byHightech Redneck August 8, 2014

Great animated film.

Tons of humor and some action. The story is mediocre but the minions are awesome! The animation is average. The voice acting is very good. It has some positive messages like don't be a jerk. It has some sad moments but a happy ending. Overall, it's mostly funny and the minions are the best part.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2014

Funny and different ( in a good way)

This film is appropriate for the whole family (especially kids) me and my dad watched it and we both found it hilarious! We all liked the minions that have taken over everthing at the moment. There is no language and a brilliant film!! WATCH IT!!
Kid, 9 years old July 15, 2014

Gru is a great role model , he is the world's second biggest thief and still raises 3 little girls ! The only violence in the movie is like freeze guns and stuff like that . So , cartoon violence only . There are mild swear words e.g stupid and a minion photocopying himself when he is sitting on the copy machine .This is the first despicable me movie and at the same time currently the best one .
Parent of a 12 year old Written byAmelia Anzalone May 19, 2014

YASSSSSSSS

pretty good
Kid, 12 years old May 11, 2014

weird and not for kids

funny but weird
Kid, 9 years old April 15, 2014

Good

I love it, but might be kind of sad for little kids, when Gru takes the kids back to the orphanage.
Kid, 9 years old March 7, 2014

This Movie will Make you Laugh out Loud (and Cry a Little, too)!

Our family enjoyed this movie so much! The humor is sophisticated, but the overall message is comprehensible for even young children. In the end, the main character, who starts out as a villain, transforms through acts of love and kindness.
Kid, 7 years old February 22, 2014

Funny Movie

I watched Despicable Me. The characters were Gru, 3 girls, and some minions. The minions are Gru's workers. Gru is a bad guy who wants to steal the moon. But there's a better bad guy who stole a pyramid. Then Gru adopts some girls. He adopts the girls so they could help him steal the moon. But then the girls get taken back and the other bad guy gets them. But Gru steals the moon and gets the girls back. I liked it because the Minions were funny at this dance recital.
Parent Written byIzzymama January 22, 2014

Not good for adoptive families!!!

This otherwise good movie should come with a huge warning label for adoptive families - in the first half-hour, there is a disturbing exchange where the three girls have an extensive exchange with the orphanage director along the lines of "will someone adopt me? did anyone come to adopt me?" and "No one will ever adopt you!" etc. Huge kudos to CSM for flagging this which is the only reason my husband and I previewed this before watching with our 5-year old adopted son. We could barely stomach it ourselves - it's supremely insensitive - and unfortunate. Despicable Me 2, by contrast, which we've all seen together and enjoyed, is just fine.