Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Kid, 12 years old January 18, 2014

On par with Pixar movies

A very well done, original animated flick that you can watch again and again without getting bored. It is quite funny and also sweet. I love it, and have since it first came out. Those minions man.. frigin' hilarious.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2014

Amazing

Amazing
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2013

THE BEST

VERY FUNNY AND HEARTWARMING.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydespicable me fan November 14, 2013

the bonding of a life time

i think its a super good movie it cn help you and your child bond easily she or he will cuddle up next to you and you will laugh and smile. the day you watch this movie is the day you and your child will get to spend more time together.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byAnita C October 20, 2013

One to watch together

Enjoyed this with my 3and a half yo and my 5 and a half yo. Good to watch with thm and discuss the characters and story
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Very funny with a lot of humor! Gru is at first the world's worst villan but ends up to be a nice guy who cares for his daughters. There is a scene where Victor and Gru have a battle but it's just silly made-up weapons. Awesome movie.
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

Not as good as the second one, though funny.

Despicable Me is an original film based on a super villain. Gru adopts three orphans, and it appears one has a gruesome death. A little girl goes in a cabinet with spikes, and realistic blood pours out of a small hinge. Then the door opens and she says "You poked a hole in my juice box." Despite that, most violence is cartoonish, and crude humor is not too intense. (A minion grabs Gru's private part and makes him squeal.) Overall, the movie is good. But not too good. 7+
Parent Written byConnnie July 27, 2013

Best Movie of all time!!!

I watched this movie a couple weeks ago with my kids and it is awesome!! There are a few scenes of blowing up, guns and other shooting things that may be scary to kids depending on their level of what is scary and what is not but all in all it is a great movie to watch as a family!
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2013

Very funny

The reason why I like this show, it's because it's very very very very very funny. I like the yellow creatures, they are also very funny.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2013

Great Movie, but I like the second a lot better!

Nothing wrong, love the movie, but the second is better!
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2013

Best movie ever!

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME. I absolutely love the minions, the girls, and of course, Gru. I think pretty much any age could watch this. Everyone I know who has seen this movie loved it! It's the best!
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 7, 2013

Great film!

Better than the second one!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMackenzie Logan July 7, 2013

Great for all ages

I think this movie is great! I don't know a single person who doesn't like this movie, it's funny, cute and animated. I adored the minions, they were so cute and funny and I want one!!!! Little kids, Tweens, teens and adults will enjoy this movie. I recommend it for almost everyone, it's a good movie for the family.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrandonneo6425 July 5, 2013

Great movie

I'm late to the review bandwagon again (As I saw this when it first came out on DVD). Great movie with excellent messages and role models(Even Gru,he's a good guy at heart).Great,great kids' movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2013

Great family movie

Really cute movie for younger audiences.
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2013

Awesome Movie, but keep a look out!

I think that this funny, family friendly movie is definetly something to crave for. However, parents need to be aware that any adopted family's will be very upset with this movie. I could tell that my seven year old sister from the start was pulled into the scene-- and as far as I could tell- not at all uncomforting. Parents need to be sure to let there kids know that this is a complete fiction movie and no one would ever take their kids for granted as they did in this movie-- pause for 7&up
Parent of a 8, 12, and 15 year old Written byHelen Bonder July 3, 2013

hack

Wonderful Movie! It teaches a good lesson about loving your family. Some Language (Butt, Poop) but this game is great. I recommend it for ages 7 & up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTVwatcher001 July 1, 2013

(Extremely) funny :P

Funny and awesome yellow things (the minions). Gru is a great 'bad/good ass'. Just watch Despicable Me and you will laugh hard! Maybe Despicable Me 2 is even better?
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2013

Awesome Movie!

This movie is awesome! It's so funny! The girls are good role models, they have good emotions. Some parts of the movie they say words like "suckers" stuff like that, but this is a great movie! I can't wait for the 2nd one!
Teen, 14 years old Written byphilge June 25, 2013

overall...

It is a good film with minor amounts of vilonce in it, however this would not scare anyone because of the humor wrapped around it!