Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byAnita C October 20, 2013

One to watch together

Enjoyed this with my 3and a half yo and my 5 and a half yo. Good to watch with thm and discuss the characters and story
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Very funny with a lot of humor! Gru is at first the world's worst villan but ends up to be a nice guy who cares for his daughters. There is a scene where Victor and Gru have a battle but it's just silly made-up weapons. Awesome movie.
Kid, 10 years old August 10, 2013

Not as good as the second one, though funny.

Despicable Me is an original film based on a super villain. Gru adopts three orphans, and it appears one has a gruesome death. A little girl goes in a cabinet with spikes, and realistic blood pours out of a small hinge. Then the door opens and she says "You poked a hole in my juice box." Despite that, most violence is cartoonish, and crude humor is not too intense. (A minion grabs Gru's private part and makes him squeal.) Overall, the movie is good. But not too good. 7+
Parent Written byConnnie July 27, 2013

Best Movie of all time!!!

I watched this movie a couple weeks ago with my kids and it is awesome!! There are a few scenes of blowing up, guns and other shooting things that may be scary to kids depending on their level of what is scary and what is not but all in all it is a great movie to watch as a family!
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2013

Very funny

The reason why I like this show, it's because it's very very very very very funny. I like the yellow creatures, they are also very funny.
Kid, 12 years old July 17, 2013

Great Movie, but I like the second a lot better!

Nothing wrong, love the movie, but the second is better!
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2013

Best movie ever!

THIS IS MY FAVORITE MOVIE OF ALL TIME. I absolutely love the minions, the girls, and of course, Gru. I think pretty much any age could watch this. Everyone I know who has seen this movie loved it! It's the best!
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 7, 2013

Great film!

Better than the second one!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMackenzie Logan July 7, 2013

Great for all ages

I think this movie is great! I don't know a single person who doesn't like this movie, it's funny, cute and animated. I adored the minions, they were so cute and funny and I want one!!!! Little kids, Tweens, teens and adults will enjoy this movie. I recommend it for almost everyone, it's a good movie for the family.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrandonneo6425 July 5, 2013

Great movie

I'm late to the review bandwagon again (As I saw this when it first came out on DVD). Great movie with excellent messages and role models(Even Gru,he's a good guy at heart).Great,great kids' movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2013

Great family movie

Really cute movie for younger audiences.
Kid, 11 years old July 3, 2013

Awesome Movie, but keep a look out!

I think that this funny, family friendly movie is definetly something to crave for. However, parents need to be aware that any adopted family's will be very upset with this movie. I could tell that my seven year old sister from the start was pulled into the scene-- and as far as I could tell- not at all uncomforting. Parents need to be sure to let there kids know that this is a complete fiction movie and no one would ever take their kids for granted as they did in this movie-- pause for 7&up
Parent of a 8, 12, and 15 year old Written byHelen Bonder July 3, 2013

hack

Wonderful Movie! It teaches a good lesson about loving your family. Some Language (Butt, Poop) but this game is great. I recommend it for ages 7 & up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTVwatcher001 July 1, 2013

(Extremely) funny :P

Funny and awesome yellow things (the minions). Gru is a great 'bad/good ass'. Just watch Despicable Me and you will laugh hard! Maybe Despicable Me 2 is even better?
Kid, 11 years old June 25, 2013

Awesome Movie!

This movie is awesome! It's so funny! The girls are good role models, they have good emotions. Some parts of the movie they say words like "suckers" stuff like that, but this is a great movie! I can't wait for the 2nd one!
Teen, 14 years old Written byphilge June 25, 2013

overall...

It is a good film with minor amounts of vilonce in it, however this would not scare anyone because of the humor wrapped around it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byAnimeIsAwesome808 June 5, 2013

I love this movie.

This was an awesome film. Nice CGI, awesome acting, and positive messages. Buy it or rent it today.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson May 29, 2013

Ya!

I love this it's cool sawfish and nice just wish That the lengngth time was 2hr instead of 1hr 45 minutes. It's jaw
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2013

Funny!

Super funny! Great family movie. Can't wait for the second one
Kid, 11 years old April 29, 2013

awesome movie.

I loved this movie! it was hilarious!