All member reviews for Despicable Me

Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Kid, 9 years old March 15, 2011

Great for family movie kid friendly and positive messages.

Despicable Me is one of the kid movies of all time.It's rated PG, but it's a low PG so it's not one of those older kids types.Gru is pretty much the main bad model.He's the bad guy and is pretty selfish.Punishment and Labor are visible so it's not a good thing.One of the most scary parts is when one of the adopted girls enters a ''nail box'' and looks like it's bleeding (though it really is apple juice) and no one is hurt.The army of minions cause slapstick and punches, and there's some mild weapons.The lauguage is ''Poop'' ''stupid'' ''loser'' and more insults, but it's mild so it's nothing to complain about.Great family movie, great positive messages, check it out.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bymyboys48 March 12, 2011

Not for under 8 years

Cute movie, but not appropriate for under 8 years. The themes are too old and include behavior and words that the younger children shouldn't be exposed to or repeat.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bycone March 12, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieteenwatcher March 8, 2011

Great for all ages!

This was a great kids movie. There was a little violence, but nothing parents can complain about. Very funny and enjoyable for both parents and kids. There were messages of turning from villain to nice and choosing kids over other things.
Parent Written byParent of Three March 7, 2011

A great Feel Good Movie even for skeptics !

Very different family movie...watched it after another family told us why it was so endearing to them. Lots of slapstick humor but not to the point of overdoing it. Just the right balance of fun and sentiment in all the most unexpected places. May need to discuss the orphanage / Girls home scenes in context of this is not the norm, and actually a better movie for this topic of adoption is a good thing would be Meet The Robinson's.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011

vector is my favorite charcher oh yeah!!un-pre-dectable!!!!
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written byLarson family March 2, 2011

Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2011

loved it!!!!!! it is awesome and i would watch it again nothing is bad with it
Kid, 10 years old February 25, 2011

perfect for all ages!

i think 4+ is perfect, and iffy, why? i dont know. but, despicable me is absolutely an amazing movie, and all ages will love it! i think that despicable me is a funny movie that kids will enjoy.
Parent of a 4, 9, and 11 year old Written byjohnthree16 February 25, 2011

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!

I watched this with my 9 year old bro and we loved it! Its a must see!
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

i saw this about 7 months ago, and i think it was good
Kid, 10 years old February 23, 2011

Good For any kid

Wow, This movie blew my mind! I wish I saw it in 3D but my brother is afraid of 3D and when we just walked into the theater, my brother screamed and refused to watch the movie but then it was too late to go back and get new tickets in 3D but I loved it! Then after we saw the minion movies, it was over and then my brother cried because he did not get to see the movie, but now he likes movies but still not 3D. Anyway, I loved it!
Kid, 12 years old February 23, 2011

Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2011

Awesome

Naww I love this movie and I am 12!!! I could watch it everyday!!! My favourite!!!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byAlexandrasMommy February 21, 2011

Very funny, lots of laughs and my daughter loves it.

My four year old daughter and four-and-a-half year old nephew both loved this movie and laughed alot. My daughter is very sensitive to tense or scary scenes in movies and usually asks me to fast-forward through them but she does not have any issues with this one. There is one scene near the end (when Gru and Margo fall from Vector's escape pod) that makes her sit at the edge of her seat but it doesn't last long and she doesn't ask me to turn it off or forward through it.
Kid, 11 years old February 17, 2011

Very good
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2011

GREAT MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I watched it 6 times!It's so good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old February 13, 2011

I was always excited to see despicable me! I love how my favorite celebrity Miranda Cosgrove got to act in it! Gru' s plan to steal the moon is totally despicable but it would be illigal if you actually did something like that.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTacoBall February 12, 2011

Wonderful, funny and surprisingly sweet

At first when this movie was in theaters, I didn't want to see it--I thought the poster was too weird with all the Minions and all, but it turned out to be a wonderful movie with themes of family and love. Steve Carell was awesome as Gru, and the Minions were actually really cute. My only concern is that like many other kids' movies, this movie depicts orphanages very negatively, especially because the orphanage director Miss Hattie is mean to little girls, making them sell cookies all day and then locking them up in a "Box of Shame". This type of thing, even though the intentions are probably innocent enough, can cause little ones to develop wrong stereotypes about adopted kids and orphanages.
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2011

Love It!

i love the movie! its funny! Its cute and good extras!