All member reviews for Despicable Me

Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMeow314159 April 16, 2011

SOO CUTE

I saw this movie and it was adorable. It makes you feel so happy! There is one scene that might be a little scary where a girl goes into one of those coffin things with the spikes, and you see blood oozing out, but it's meant to be a joke because it turns out to be her juice box. I don't really think little kids would find this scary at all, they probably wouldn't even understand this scene. Anyway, it's a really sweet movie and I cried a little bit. Just watch it.
Parent Written byjhartsock81 April 12, 2011
Excellent Movie. Told from the Villian point of view. Who turns out to be a good guy after all.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011

Perfect for All Ages

I love this movie, I cried and zoo did my Dad, It has positive messages and a little bit of action. When my mom said we were going see it I was reallly dissapointent. I walked in with a frown face and I walked out with smile,
Parent of an infant, 2, 4, and 5 year old Written byMeli B. April 7, 2011

This one is for older kids, but little ones will enjoy it too!

This movie is a lot of fun. I like that the villian is lured away from the dark side, not by a beautiful woman, but by three innocent little girls! It's a sweet story. My concern was the box of shame, that I had to explain to the boys, and some of the language. Also, there are times when the girls aren't doing what they're told and my boys picked up on it, that when they don't listen they don't get in trouble. I didn't like that! It's a sure conversation starter.
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2011

Perfect for any child

Soooooo funny. Please go and see it because it would be worth your time. It is amazing film and the minions are adorable even if they like blowing/punching each other. However the villain Vector is shown playing on the wii in one scene. The children are really sweet and very good role models. Gru is bad at the start but turns good in the end
Kid, 9 years old April 5, 2011

nice movie for all ages!

I love this movie! So funny! It has some cartoon voilence though but nothing bad. There is some language like poop,butt,suckers,things like that,but nothing really bad. It also shows the nerd villin is playing the Wii.Good and bad messages. Same with the role models! But this was a funny movie!
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2011

hilarious!

loved it
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2011

It was awesome!

It was an awesome movie and i recommend it for a 2 yr old!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2011

Despicable Me Rocks!!!

This movie makes me laugh! Back in 2009 when I saw the trailers for it, I thought it was too violent and was not going to be the best movie of 2010 but then I saw it and I laughed so hard I almost threw up but there were no gross scenes in the movie, FUNNY!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2011

pretty good movie

it was pretty good...
Adult Written byiParentReviewer March 17, 2011

Hilarious! A Very Funny Movie!

This movie is one of the funniest movies I've EVER seen in my life! Even though this is a kids movie I love it! This movie has some mild toilet humor however it's as good or even better then Toy Story! This movie should be rated G except for some of the action but it is very mild. This movie is a funny, clean, and witty Family Movie!
Kid, 9 years old March 15, 2011

Great for family movie kid friendly and positive messages.

Despicable Me is one of the kid movies of all time.It's rated PG, but it's a low PG so it's not one of those older kids types.Gru is pretty much the main bad model.He's the bad guy and is pretty selfish.Punishment and Labor are visible so it's not a good thing.One of the most scary parts is when one of the adopted girls enters a ''nail box'' and looks like it's bleeding (though it really is apple juice) and no one is hurt.The army of minions cause slapstick and punches, and there's some mild weapons.The lauguage is ''Poop'' ''stupid'' ''loser'' and more insults, but it's mild so it's nothing to complain about.Great family movie, great positive messages, check it out.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bymyboys48 March 12, 2011

Not for under 8 years

Cute movie, but not appropriate for under 8 years. The themes are too old and include behavior and words that the younger children shouldn't be exposed to or repeat.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieteenwatcher March 8, 2011

Great for all ages!

This was a great kids movie. There was a little violence, but nothing parents can complain about. Very funny and enjoyable for both parents and kids. There were messages of turning from villain to nice and choosing kids over other things.
Parent Written byParent of Three March 7, 2011

A great Feel Good Movie even for skeptics !

Very different family movie...watched it after another family told us why it was so endearing to them. Lots of slapstick humor but not to the point of overdoing it. Just the right balance of fun and sentiment in all the most unexpected places. May need to discuss the orphanage / Girls home scenes in context of this is not the norm, and actually a better movie for this topic of adoption is a good thing would be Meet The Robinson's.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011
vector is my favorite charcher oh yeah!!un-pre-dectable!!!!
Parent of a 7, 10, and 12 year old Written byLarson family March 2, 2011
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2011
loved it!!!!!! it is awesome and i would watch it again nothing is bad with it
Kid, 10 years old February 25, 2011

perfect for all ages!

i think 4+ is perfect, and iffy, why? i dont know. but, despicable me is absolutely an amazing movie, and all ages will love it! i think that despicable me is a funny movie that kids will enjoy.
Parent of a 4, 9, and 11 year old Written byjohnthree16 February 25, 2011

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!!!!!

I watched this with my 9 year old bro and we loved it! Its a must see!