Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Kid, 12 years old June 30, 2011

Love it

this movie was so LOL I loved the minons their sooooo cute i could watch this movie over and over again until i get tired of it gru learns that you can be evil and have family i heard their building a despicable me ride at universal orlando in 2012 and in 2013 their making despicable me 2 i can't wait for that yay me yay me
Teen, 13 years old Written byjustdance June 21, 2011

Great, laugh-filled movie!

I thought this was an awesome movie!! It was so cute and funny, and appropriate as well. Even though Gru is supposed to be an "evil villain", his plans are laughable and innocent. All of my nieces and nephews loved this movie, plus my parents did, and me as well!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner April 21, 2011

Family-friendly as well family-oriented

Everyone one around me was recommending Despicable Me. It's very funny and one that will be especially cherished by your kids. In the beginning, Gru (the main charecter) is the worlds 2nd best thief, which may give kids the wrong perspective on evil. But Gru does slowly change his ways throughout the movie, which kind of covers it up. A few f*rt jokes are in it, but other than that theres nothing to worry about while watching this.
Parent of a 8 year old Written bymother4God April 21, 2011

I think 6 year olds and up would enjoy this movie

This has become one of my 8 year olds favorite movies. Although she thought it was a little scary and was unsure in the beginning, she quickly found it funny and cheared the charecters on. We watched it over several times. It's a worthwhile movie to own and rewatch. A feel good movie all around....and the minions are wonderfully funny!
Kid, 10 years old April 16, 2011

Cute movie

Gru is an evil man who decides to adopt 3 little girls with hopes for a good family . Gru learns how to love the message in this movie is that love can be in any form evil or not you can love . This movie was great and it made me laugh but I must say that Toy Story 3 was a better movie .
Teen, 15 years old Written byMeow314159 April 16, 2011

SOO CUTE

I saw this movie and it was adorable. It makes you feel so happy! There is one scene that might be a little scary where a girl goes into one of those coffin things with the spikes, and you see blood oozing out, but it's meant to be a joke because it turns out to be her juice box. I don't really think little kids would find this scary at all, they probably wouldn't even understand this scene. Anyway, it's a really sweet movie and I cried a little bit. Just watch it.
Parent Written byjhartsock81 April 12, 2011
Excellent Movie. Told from the Villian point of view. Who turns out to be a good guy after all.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011

Perfect for All Ages

I love this movie, I cried and zoo did my Dad, It has positive messages and a little bit of action. When my mom said we were going see it I was reallly dissapointent. I walked in with a frown face and I walked out with smile,
Parent of an infant, 2, 4, and 5 year old Written byMeli B. April 7, 2011

This one is for older kids, but little ones will enjoy it too!

This movie is a lot of fun. I like that the villian is lured away from the dark side, not by a beautiful woman, but by three innocent little girls! It's a sweet story. My concern was the box of shame, that I had to explain to the boys, and some of the language. Also, there are times when the girls aren't doing what they're told and my boys picked up on it, that when they don't listen they don't get in trouble. I didn't like that! It's a sure conversation starter.
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2011

Perfect for any child

Soooooo funny. Please go and see it because it would be worth your time. It is amazing film and the minions are adorable even if they like blowing/punching each other. However the villain Vector is shown playing on the wii in one scene. The children are really sweet and very good role models. Gru is bad at the start but turns good in the end
Kid, 9 years old April 5, 2011

nice movie for all ages!

I love this movie! So funny! It has some cartoon voilence though but nothing bad. There is some language like poop,butt,suckers,things like that,but nothing really bad. It also shows the nerd villin is playing the Wii.Good and bad messages. Same with the role models! But this was a funny movie!
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2011

hilarious!

loved it
Kid, 10 years old March 24, 2011

It was awesome!

It was an awesome movie and i recommend it for a 2 yr old!!!
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2011

Despicable Me Rocks!!!

This movie makes me laugh! Back in 2009 when I saw the trailers for it, I thought it was too violent and was not going to be the best movie of 2010 but then I saw it and I laughed so hard I almost threw up but there were no gross scenes in the movie, FUNNY!!!!!
Adult Written byiParentReviewer March 17, 2011

Hilarious! A Very Funny Movie!

This movie is one of the funniest movies I've EVER seen in my life! Even though this is a kids movie I love it! This movie has some mild toilet humor however it's as good or even better then Toy Story! This movie should be rated G except for some of the action but it is very mild. This movie is a funny, clean, and witty Family Movie!
Kid, 9 years old March 15, 2011

Great for family movie kid friendly and positive messages.

Despicable Me is one of the kid movies of all time.It's rated PG, but it's a low PG so it's not one of those older kids types.Gru is pretty much the main bad model.He's the bad guy and is pretty selfish.Punishment and Labor are visible so it's not a good thing.One of the most scary parts is when one of the adopted girls enters a ''nail box'' and looks like it's bleeding (though it really is apple juice) and no one is hurt.The army of minions cause slapstick and punches, and there's some mild weapons.The lauguage is ''Poop'' ''stupid'' ''loser'' and more insults, but it's mild so it's nothing to complain about.Great family movie, great positive messages, check it out.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bymyboys48 March 12, 2011

Not for under 8 years

Cute movie, but not appropriate for under 8 years. The themes are too old and include behavior and words that the younger children shouldn't be exposed to or repeat.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieteenwatcher March 8, 2011

Great for all ages!

This was a great kids movie. There was a little violence, but nothing parents can complain about. Very funny and enjoyable for both parents and kids. There were messages of turning from villain to nice and choosing kids over other things.
Parent Written byParent of Three March 7, 2011

A great Feel Good Movie even for skeptics !

Very different family movie...watched it after another family told us why it was so endearing to them. Lots of slapstick humor but not to the point of overdoing it. Just the right balance of fun and sentiment in all the most unexpected places. May need to discuss the orphanage / Girls home scenes in context of this is not the norm, and actually a better movie for this topic of adoption is a good thing would be Meet The Robinson's.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011
vector is my favorite charcher oh yeah!!un-pre-dectable!!!!