All member reviews for Despicable Me

Clever, funny, and sweet villain-with-a-heart-of-gold tale.

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byCzigany February 4, 2011

Cute and funny movie - you'll laugh, and cry at the end too!

We loved this movie. It's funny, and has a great message at the end. My kids LOVED it.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byDorisPM February 4, 2011

Good Movie enjoyed by whole family

Our son is old enough to know that "stupid" is not a word our family uses. He questioned what they were doing when they were Xeroxing their bottoms so we chalked it up to being silly...since he didn't know what a xerox machine was. Other than that, easy to follow along, easy to understand and explain as we went along and a lot to laugh about.
Kid, 10 years old February 3, 2011

Good

A very good movie that is very appropriate.
Kid, 10 years old January 31, 2011

One of my fave movies

This movie is sooo funny! I highly reccomend it. It is great for all ages! Gru bcomes and awesome role model at the end! The girls are good role models all through the movie! This is one of my fave movies by far!
Teen, 13 years old Written bybookee January 29, 2011

SO CUTE ! ! ! ! !

THIS MOVIE WAS SO CUTE! there were also many funny parts especially when they where in the carnival. this movie also made me cry in the part where the little girl gave her savings to help Gru. overall, this movie was the best!
Kid, 11 years old January 28, 2011

A few funny parts, overall it was kinda childish for me.
Adult Written bykcbishara January 27, 2011

Crude scenes ruin an otherwise cute concept.

I wish I had known that in one scene a minion sits on the copier with his pants down and then the copy is shown to the audience. I also wish I had known that, in an otherwise uplifting dance scene at the end, Gru's dancing involves holding and shaking his rearend, and Vector's dancing involves spanking his rearend. I would not have let my children see it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymannymateo10isback January 24, 2011

best movie in 2010!

this is one of the best movies for all ages!
Kid, 12 years old January 20, 2011

A Must See!!!!

I love this movie!!!!! It is soo cute and is a wonderful family movie! I recommend it 200%!!!!!!!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bysarahs20 January 19, 2011

Sarahs opinion

I love it! Despicable Me, loving, funny, and just plain good. It's been some time since I have seen a good movie like this. I ordered Despicable Me in HD as a PPV. As a DISH employee I have seen so many movies and this is the best by far since Shrek. Parents will love it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN January 16, 2011

Good for any age! :)

I watched this with my 2 year old cousin, then again, and again, and again... It's the cutest movie I have seen in a long time. Gru may start off adopting the 3 girls purely for his evil purposes of stealing the moon, but even after he is ordered to send them back to the orphanage and *shudder* Miss Hattie, he fought determinedly to get them back. In the end he realized that being evil wasn't the only thing in life. This was Steve Carrell at his funniest, with great supporting roles like Julie Andrews as Gru's mom and (this suprised me, it didn't sound like him) Russell Brand as Dr. Nefario. The little minions were definitely my favorite part!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRegularShowLover97 January 15, 2011

BEST MOVIE OF 2010

love this movie its the best one yet after toy story 3
Teen, 13 years old Written bymasonlackey January 15, 2011

good movie

good movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 January 15, 2011

so, so movie

pretty good, not the best.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoeluver January 15, 2011

Good for the whole family

Its the best movie i have seen in a long time (with the exception of toy story 3)! The only bad things are slightly scary scenes for young children and the orphange lady is shown being cruel.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypopcorn_004 January 13, 2011

Great for the whole family!

This movie is GREAT for all ages. A good message is that even the "evil" people can change and they are just people. A bad message is that Vector, his dad and the orphanage leader are cruel, mean and inhumane. The Orphanage Leader tells the orphanages they will never get apodted , they get yelled at by her and she keeps them in the cardboard box called the "box of shame". However the three girls are kind and happy children once they get adopted. Angus(the youngest) is the cutest child ever! There is a few words that may be bad for a child but no more than that. I doubt it but little kids may be scared of some scenes. Overall, Great Movie!
Parent of a 3, 6, 9, and 13 year old Written bymom2mykiddos January 13, 2011

Suprisingly decent family movie!

Our entire family enjoyed it, even if it's not an all-time favorite! Fun and fast paced with plenty of laughs.
Kid, 9 years old January 12, 2011

Favorite Movie

I love this movie. It was the funniest and best movie ever.
Kid, 9 years old January 12, 2011

good but not for little orphans

Kid, 11 years old January 12, 2011

Great Messages That Can Teach Kids.

This movie is excellent. All of the girls make good role models to look up to. Gru teaches that evil hearts can change. This is a good educational movie.