All member reviews for Devil's Due

Found-footage horror movie is gory and gross.

Educator and Parent Written byquail150 December 5, 2014

Horror movies these days... quite unpleasant!

When i heard about this movie, i wanted to actually enjoy this found footage film, because I never enjoyed a found footage horror film since The Blair Witch Project. It turns out I was wrong. This movie was wildly distasteful for me because all it had was shouting and disgusting scenes. To be honest I didn't like a single thing that occurred in this movie. It was a very sick experience and ruined my appetite for dinner after i saw the movie. It also mentioned a lot about god which wasn't really a problem for me. Overall it was disgusting an off-putting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlood Wolf June 29, 2014

Pretty good ^.^

The movie had only a few small jump scares which weren't very scary. There was scenes of blood, and screaming. This movie wasn't really scary, I easily get scared of horror movies but I enjoyed this. If you enjoyed a real scare then this movie would bore you. So I'd say 12+ movie
Parent Written byconcerned grandma June 3, 2014

Not suitable for younger audiance

We rely on common sense media when choosing a film to watch. They missed on this one. They should state all language used in a film. This film has bad language but they also use the Lord's name in an inappropriate way. We shut the movie off after hearing them use the Lord's name and G D. I would never let any child watch this movie.
Parent of a 3, 10, and 18 year old Written byKate101 May 17, 2014

Why should I let my kid watch this?

I think if your 10 year old kid is smart enough and mature enough, that you can actually show your kid(s) this movie! I think some parts are a little disturbing, but it's a educational movie too, it talks about God and things. I think if they are more progressed than average, yes it's okay. But if they are scared of the littlest things, then don't show them at all, not even the trailer.
Teen, 16 years old Written byleviticus923 April 18, 2014

Common Sense Needs Some New Writers

... And so do most American film reviewers. This movie was in no way a terrible film. I am a huge fan of the found footage genre so maybe I have some bias but this is good found footage at its core. The characters are completely likeable and things do get weird. Very, very weird. To say this is iffy for 16 year olds is harsh and to say its a 2 star movie is too. The only problem I see with this film is the language but its all language your middle school child hears at school on the daily. Also it is not too too scary of a film. Only like one or two jump scares and the rest of it is just creepy. I don't think this would be a good first time horror film but I would suggest this to be your first Found Footage film since it kind of gives you a taste of what they're like (and its a hecka lot better than Paranormal Activity, Trust me)