All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

GOOD

I don't really know how good these films are. I've read all the books and the films are a guilty pleasure, I think they're really good but I probably shouldn't. Will make you laugh. This one is a good one too, one of the best.
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2013

Really funny!

Hilarious movie and very entertaining. Everyone in the family will get a laugh out of this! I really recommend it to everyone. Greg Heffley has a crush on a girl but there's nothing really inappropriate in it. Although, Greg isn't the best role model because he had been lying about getting a job.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2013

LOVE IT!

I love this book!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old February 19, 2013

The Best Movie In the Series So Far

The Diary of a Wimpy Kid movie series is getting better and better. The 1st was dissapointing and the 2nd was O.K. Like the others, there's a lot of insults like "idiot" and "loser", but not as much as the 1st and 2nd. Greg isn't a good role model, but he learns from his mistakes. Holly and Rowley are good role model too. There's also some good messages.
Kid, 12 years old February 3, 2013

Dog days

Dog days is the best in the series so far, it includes plenty of positive messages and a positive role model. Its great for kids and teens of all ages.
Kid, 10 years old January 14, 2013

Great Kids Movie

I think Diary of a Wimpy Kid Dog Days is might be okay for kids 7-8 as long as an adult watches it with them because it has some violence and sometimes Greg and Holly hold hands. The consumerism isn't terrible but you should be a little careful because Greg plays a lot of video games. I think it is a great movie and I loved watching it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTrillionaire December 30, 2012

Iffy for 9+

Older Pretween's, Tween's and Teen's Comedy is a little too edgy for Children before the 4th Grade.
Kid, 12 years old December 22, 2012

Possibly Best One Yet Is Much More Appropriate Then Its Predecesors

I actually enjoyed this movie quite a bit. The only possibly suggestive thing is the language and the worst word used is idiot. There are some truly gross parts but if you saw Spy Kids 4 this is nothing. Holly Hills is a great role model and same with Rowley, Holly has the looks to be a mean girl but helps others and is nice instead. Rowley loves his parents and listens to what they say, he is also very obedient. The movie teaches that it is important not to lie and always tell the truth (other than white lies). I think this is the best entry of the series so far (possibly below the second one).
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 December 6, 2012

Hilarious, fun "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" sequel is AWESOME, probably just appealing to me and other kids

I absolutely LOVED this movie!!! First of all, I'm a REALLY BIG "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" fan. I LOVED all 6 of the books, hated and was really disappointed by the first "Diary of a Wimpy Kid" movie from 2010, but loved last year's "Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Rodrick Rules", and have really been looking forward to this. And lady's and gentleman i'm glad to say...i'm not disappointed one bit. I've heard a lot of negative reviews from adults. Their main problem was that there's too much story. The point of Diary of a Wimpy Kid is supposed to about Greg's life. I guess the real demographic for this movie are people like myself so to me...this movie was extremely funny! The way that they put everything together was great, kept me in hard laughter throughout, and i didn't find myself bored throughout any of the 93 minute run time. Zachary Gordon is charming here as our awkward hero, Greg Heffley and portrays Greg Heffley well as if he came out of the page and onto the big screen and i'm really looking forward to Zachary Gordon's roles outside of this franchise. Robert Capron is also really great here as Greg's lovable sidekick, Rowley. And Peyton List ("Jessie"), is adorable here as Greg's crush Holly Hills. The rest of the cast is also really good here including Devon Bostick, Steve Zahn, Rachael Harris, Grayson Russel, and Karan Brar (also from "Jessie"). I just wasn't really the biggest fan of Phil Hayes's role in this movie as Greg's dad's boss. His role just felt really phoned-in and unnecessary. Other than that, all the antics i found to be really enjoyable and funny including a really funny tennis scene, Greg and Rowley on a roller coaster, a really awkward scene where Rodrick pretends he's drowning, Rodrick singing a hard rock version of Justin Bieber's "Baby", and a lot more. Overall, Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days is a throughly enjoyable, hilarious summer family comedy and I loved it!!! 6+
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeretohelp26 November 7, 2012

A good book

Not that bad, mainly the very mild words "idiot" "loser" "shut up" and the like Okay for 8+ Iffy for 6+ Not for kids 5 & under
Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2012

TOTAL SWAG

This is one of my favourite ever films!!! Its funny and when you read the books you must watch the films. I reccomend this film for anyone who wants a laugh.
Teen, 17 years old Written byWhiplash (2003) September 23, 2012

Diary of a wimpy kid dog days

Violence PG Language G and PG Sex PG
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 13, 2012

DOAWK3:DD

Very bland, childish (Overally) and stupid kids movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBigbillyboy September 3, 2012

:3 it!

Tis was a great movie! I thought it was really funny when Roderick was faking a choke emergency,and the fat man gaves him CPR instead of Roderick's love intrestest! The only dowside was when the dog drooled all over a pat roast and Roderick (not knowing the dog drooled all over the pot roast) thought it was juicy (that was so disgusting,I had to sip my soda that I brought to movies,so I wouldn't throw up).Besides that I LOVE TIS MOVIE!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDavidCao September 1, 2012

halarious and funny movie

This movie is better than the first and second movie of diary of a wimpy kid series
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2012

GREAT MOVIE!!!!!

I loved this movie so much! i cracked up and i just can't get over how awesome it is!!
Kid, 11 years old August 26, 2012

Great family fun!

This movie is appropriate and funny! I am eleven and my little brother is 7 and it was fine for both of us.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsabel13 August 24, 2012

Good movie

I went to see this movie with my friend. I thought it was pretty good
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoking-jay August 24, 2012

awsome

It's a good movie that I most people will like
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2012

9???

this movie was hilarious and there was nothing that was really that bad in it.