All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid: Dog Days

Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2012

Best movie

It is a great movie to go out and watch with the whole family!!!
Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2012

The 3rd's a charm

Any kid who has read the series will enjoy this as much as the other movies and books. With exception of mild language and scary conversations and scenes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeopleschamp1995 August 6, 2012

It is an appropriate movie for all ages
Kid, 12 years old August 6, 2012

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA:):):):):):):):)

2 Was good but this was WAY better!!! LOL!!!!! It's Funny the WHOLE MOVIE!!!!! There was a 2 year old girl in the movie theater, and during a really funny part, she says: "I LIKE THIS!!!" SO CUTE!!!:):):)
Parent of a 6 year old Written byJoewilson March 13, 2014

Not something children should be watching

I think it's about time we take a stand against violance. Girls slam tennis balls at boys and at one point a boy is hit in the groin. I know some of you would think this is funny but you wouldn't think it was if the genders were reversed. We are teaching our kids that somehow inflicting pain on boys is okay if not funny. Try watching the film and imagine the genders reversed. It also depicts men (dad) and boys as dumb and silly. I know some of you will say its supposed to be funny....but when shows, commercials and movies continuously depict the same message it crosses the boundary into misandry.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPJ Sasso February 24, 2014

Greg's just wimpy funny

OMG! Greg Heffley looses his swim trunk in one scene! But no nudity. Greg and his Father are in the frontier scouts. And Greg Heffley's voice! I couldn't even tell it was his voice and since the first film and second film, his voice was Differant.
Kid, 12 years old April 30, 2013

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!

ALL FAMILIES SHOULD WATCH THIS MOVIE. BECAUSE IT SHOWS HOW GRAG HEFFLEY'S FAMILY LIVES AND ALL THE FUNNY JOKES ARE IN THIS MOVIE. 5-STAR RATING!!!
Parent of a 5 year old Written byAidens_Mommy August 18, 2012

Much better than the first two

I thought this movie was much more toned down and more age appropriate. The first one was all about doing whatever you could, at the expense of your friends, to be liked.. I saw no good message. This one has actually has a decent message. Greg is busted in a lie and shows a lot of remorse (unlike in the first one) and in the end he and his father really learn to bond with one another. I left the theater feeling much better about this movie than the first two.
Kid, 12 years old August 8, 2012

Not as good (or as memorable) as the first two. Still funny.

My Rating: PG for some rude humor.
Kid, 11 years old August 6, 2012

I Love This Movie

What I love about this movie is all the things that happen to Greg Hefley and how they are all classic moments. Like losing your bathing suit to a diving board and many more. Look out for Greg's dad, one of the most funny characters I've ever seen. Love strikes again for Greg and Holly.
Kid, 9 years old August 6, 2014

good movie

some scenes that people may not like but this movie is really funny
Teen, 13 years old Written bypercysriptide January 3, 2013

Mild Language

Some of the words in this movie are considered mild language such as "loser" but in my opinion words like that aren't bad words, & if told not to repeat words like that kids 9 and up could watch it.
Kid, 11 years old August 21, 2012

Wimpy Kid 3

I think it was a great movie.Though,it had a great father-son message.But this is not much of a children's film.Children can't really relate to it.Though,preteens can,since that is the phase where many parent's relationships with their children get serious.In this case,Frank and Greg Heffley.Anyway,it's best that older children watch this instead of younger ones.
Parent Written byIllvethehungergames August 14, 2012

Great movie for all ages! :D

It's a good movie I liked it! Very funny. But for those families whose kids copy what they see on tv or are immature make sure that they know that it's just a movie. And the movie is hilarious too. I think its a good movie for all ages.
Kid, 9 years old August 12, 2012

BEST MOVIE EVER

HILARIOUSSSSSS there is an issue though In 1 scene they talk about someone being decapitated on the cranium shaker and there is product placement here and there but overall, HILARIOUS
Parent Written bywishandwash August 11, 2012

A great film for 7+!

It's a good movie for ages 7+ in my opinion. The insults are mild, and the worst word you will hear in this movie is "freak" which is nothing.The "locker scene" is at the very beginning and is short. The violence is slapstick and is to be humorous, but it may be scary for very small kids. You need to reinforce to your kids that lying is bad, because Greg does lie a lot in the movie. Overall it's a funny movie with a sweet message.
Kid, 8 years old March 23, 2015

So Funny!

This book is so funny! I'm seven and I read the book in under a week. You should read it. The book is really silly, you shouldn't do anything Greg does, just laugh!
Teen, 14 years old Written byThe age organizer February 7, 2015

Diary of a wimpy kid Dog days

7 and up
Kid, 8 years old February 2, 2015

Great movie

Great movie
Parent Written bybriella May 17, 2014

inappropriate at times and encourages bullying.