All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Adorable comedy about middle-school anxieties...and farts.

Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2010

Perfect for kids of all ages!

I love this movie! There's a message about friendship, too. There's lots of crude humor and a little profanity. Although, middle school boys think it is funny.
Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2010

FUNNY

read the books first. Kinda cheesy but good for little kids.
Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2010

A title

I laughed through the WHOLE thing!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySupreme Pie Ruler April 14, 2010

Teehee! XD

This was a hilarious movie! It had tons of humor but one part made me feel really sad. (Greg betraying Rowley) That cheese was gross but awesome and I felt kind of bad for Rowley. Some bad words, Greg's bro's magazine cover (though he does apoligize to all women) and a few other tidbits but other than that it was funny! XD
Teen, 14 years old Written byxXjulieroxurfuz... April 12, 2010

8 and up

i personally liked it but i was surpised. it was sorta diffrent then the book, and alot less funny but i liked the acters they were just how i imagined them :) i think if you want the story, you should read the book rather than watch the movie because there were also additional characters and the ending was sorta diffrent then in the book.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTanked out April 12, 2010

Funny movie that's also very clean

I went to see this with my father and my little brother. I expected it to blow honestly, I expected fart jokes the WHOLE time but it wasn't the case at all. This movie was pretty funny. It didn't have any adult humor but it was still very funny. It had interesting character and painted a funny picture of middle school for people of all ages. Recommended.
Teen, 15 years old Written byChandler Warren April 10, 2010

THE BOOK WAS WAY BETTER

HATE IT THE MOVIE SUCKED
Parent of a 8 year old Written byallison_r April 9, 2010

My eight-year-old loves the Wimpy Kid books but I don't feel like the books do a good enough job showing that Greg is making some not so hot choices and he definitely doesn't seem to feel the consequence of those choices very much. The message in the movie hits much harder, which I think my own Wimpy Kid needed to see! A bit of gross humor, but I can live with that.
Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written bykayote April 8, 2010

Good family movie to spark discussion

I went to see this with my mom and 9 year old son. We thought the movie was hilarious. With the exception of the girl under the bleachers, everyone in this movie is mistakenly human. It's dorky 6th graders at their best and worst. My son and I wound up disliking the main character because he really isn't a very good person and he's a horrible friend to his best friend Rowley. Rowley is the king jewel of this movie - the genuine nice kid that succeeds by just being himself, which is the best lesson kids could learn from this movie. Our favorite scene was the Mother and Son dance where Rowley and his mom take to the dance floor for Beastie Boys' Intergalatic while Greg and his mother sat alone at a table watching everyone in the gym cheer Rowley and his mom on. Priceless! My son didn't quite understand Greg's quest to be popular but he certainly understood how Greg got himself in trouble by making bad decisions. This movie sparked conversation about consequences and how to treat other people.
Parent of a 2 and 9 year old Written bysangefraier April 8, 2010

Not sure about this

I don't know. I REALLY didn't agree with the whole magazine thing.... or the peeing on another kid.... and some of the words used are very harsh. Though the words are something sadly kids my step son's age use daily..
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2010

The Best Ever

It is the best ever.I've read the first two series of the book,it was great.I am hoping to watch it soon.I really enjoyed the book so I am positive that the movie will come out to perfection.
Kid, 8 years old April 8, 2010

this is a perfect movie

this is perfect it but weird at the end greg wants to stop talking the my name is what's yours and he tricks people into thinking he has the cheese toach
Kid, 9 years old April 5, 2010

Tweens

It very great and so funny it's one of the best movies this year! I'm going to buy it when it comes out!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovielover1996 April 4, 2010

this was a hilarious and cute movie, i loved it, but it did have one sexual reference to it, i loved it though.
Kid, 11 years old April 4, 2010

Even better than the book.

The book was amazing and the movie was even better. 5 stars!
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2010

RENTAL!!

I might rent this movie. It is not a theater movie.
Kid, 9 years old April 3, 2010

Diary Of A Wimpy Kid

Rated PG For Some Rude Humor And Language
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2010

Book is Better

I thought Diary of a wimpy kid was o.k but the book is was better. I have read the Diary of a wimpy kid books at least 4 times per book if you are planning on watching the movie now I would recomended just read the book because I give the books 5 star ratings. I saw common sence said age 9+ my brother saw the movie and he was 6 and he understood the movie .
Parent Written byrobertosborne@c... April 2, 2010

Used the work "kill" way too fequently.
Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2010

perfect for kids

funny hillarious one of the best movies ever!