All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Adorable comedy about middle-school anxieties...and farts.

Kid, 12 years old October 31, 2010

perfect for anyone whos read the book

very funny, as good as the book
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written bycyndifug8 October 28, 2010

Loved it!

Great movie! Our whole family loved it. My husband and kids watched it 3 times in one week. It also contains great messages about liking yourself for who you are, and friendship.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarscore13 October 24, 2010
good but nothing like the book, woman in a bikini on a bike is seen and devil worshipers...!?
Kid, 9 years old October 14, 2010

pErFeCt

Hilaris movie, and email me at hannah.brown074@gmail.com and I will talk to u abou your problems, even thought I might be 9 I can still be a good role model for at least a 4 or a toddler. So I am gonna try to email you back.Thanks xoxoxoxoxox
Kid, 9 years old September 29, 2010

Awesome tween flick

Awesome, funny movie! I was thrilled to see the DVD in my house... While a few uncalled for words were used in the movie, it still sends a positive message about friendship. While Rowley isn't always the best role model, I feel that there were some characters that sent a good message to the viewers. Watch the film, people!
Kid, 11 years old September 18, 2010

Kids that are 10 and up can watch this mediocre movie.

I watched this movie a month ago and to be honest I didn't think it deserved as much hype as it did in the commercials. Another typical 20th Century Fox production. The book was really different from this movie, and I believe the book was better. In some scenes students working for the school newspaper (which in my school we can't do this) humiliate other students like the fight Greg had with the girl in wrestling class. Greg in this movie plays a really bad role model, acting like a jerk to his pre-mature friend, Rowley, saying that his mom is trying to get him killed in middle school and other nasty remarks. Greg gets a lesson taught to him when Rowley breaks his arm and gets the girls coo-ing over him. Greg throughout the rest of movie tries to get the girls to like him, making fake accidents or self-done pain. Other then that, the message at the end is fair.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKarateRocks14 September 18, 2010

Acceptable adaptation is a funny, if a touch generic, family comedy

Kids these days love their poop jokes. You can't find a kiddie show without them (examples include Hannah Montana, iCarly, and Suite Life on Deck). Needless to say, most of those shows are awful. Diary of a Wimpy Kid, an adaptation of the best-selling books by Jeff Kinney, seems to ape a lot of those shows. It centers in on Greg, a middle-school nitwit who dreams of becoming rich and famous. He has problems along the way, having to deal with dumb friends, crazy family, and fellow social outcasts. As a whole, Diary of a Wimpy Kid is disappointing. Newcomers Zachary Gordon and Robert Capron try their best to put some life into their characters, but they ultimately fail. Director Thor Freudenthal added far to many aformentioned poop jokes to make a completely memorable movie. And veteran actors Steve Zahn and Rachael Harris are very underused. Still, this adaptation follows quite well with the book, which is a pleasant suprise. And all the worthwhile life lessons make up for the gross stuff. B-
Teen, 14 years old Written bybpowerslol September 18, 2010
Love it !!
Teen, 13 years old Written byshadow gal September 16, 2010

buy the book

the book was way better than the movie buy the book
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpongebob100 September 15, 2010

Kids

I Like It So I Want To See The Movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bymanay_4511 September 15, 2010

It's good though

This movie is not exactly good at all, but the books are even better.
Kid, 11 years old September 13, 2010
It wasn't very good, but that's just me.
Kid, 11 years old September 9, 2010
i love it. it was so fun to watch it
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2010

Funny

I love it it's a really good movie with funny concepts.
Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written bybeeper September 1, 2010
This movie is hilarious for adults, I was laughing more than my kids.
Teen, 16 years old Written bypurplestar September 1, 2010

give this one a miss!

I found this film was boring as it utterly lacked plot and had few moments of comedy the whole thing was completely random and unenjoyable!
Teen, 15 years old Written bysixty1 August 31, 2010
Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2010
I loved the movie, even with its gross moments. The Halloween part was surely a favorite of mine. Rodrick tells Greg and Rowley a story of how there used to be a house where the woods are now. Rowley asked 'How'd the trees get there?' Rodrick replies 'And then they planted trees!' This movie was funny, clever, and very amusing. I think it taught a good message about friendship in the end. I don't think I've met anyone yet who didn't like this movie.
Kid, 10 years old August 26, 2010

not for the super young 7 and up should see ut

its really really really good actually some cursing like crap and you know what i bet you have said crap a good ten times i don't say it but its like okay well u know a comment or two about a guys butt and how it was cute a shot of a young women barely dressed but yeah it was fantastic the best personally!!!
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2010

i liked it

this movie has its moments, but the book is so much better though