All member reviews for Diary of a Wimpy Kid

Adorable comedy about middle-school anxieties...and farts.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byabaziky98 August 1, 2010

This movie is almost exactly like the book and is awesome. I don't know why they added the word "crap" in the movie because it isn't in the book, but maybe PG movies get more money.
Kid, 9 years old August 1, 2010

#1

My favorite movie!
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2010

FUNNY!

Some of the things Fregley does are kind of gross (like the secret freckle). Most of the girls I know got grossed out, but I didn't. There was much buzz around school, with kids chatting about how funny the movie was. I can't believe anyone would call it a disappointment! It was great!
Kid, 9 years old July 27, 2010

Good

Pretty good
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2010

I am a big fan of the book but this movie was dissapointing. It was kinda boring and they way they portrayed Greg wasn't good and made him a jerk even thought it's good he learns his lesson at the end. I hope the second one is WAY better. 7+
Teen, 14 years old Written byxmril79 July 26, 2010

A Great Family Movie
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2010

Kid, 11 years old July 6, 2010

Awesome movie!

This was a very good movie that was exactly like the book. There are some gross parts in the movie which some kids might find "nasty". There is some language that small children might not want to hear. The Wii is shown. And the is fake magazine that shows a woman in a bikini that little kids should not see. But anyway, back to what I think of the movie... It is HILARIOUS!
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2010

Diary of a Famous Kid

This was a very close movie to the story and I love how the movie interpreted it. It was very funny and I felt like it was the book. It had some nice lessons and cool new characters and I cared about each and every one of them. You should really see this movie.
Adult Written bycolumbusmom July 4, 2010

One of the best movies for tween boys... and their parents, go see it!

Loved it! My 12 year old son and I laughed our heads off in this movie. It's really very sweet and honestly, if you have a tween boy... it would probably be impossible for you not to see something in this movie that you so relate to (as a parent!) that you find yourself laughing at how funny it appears on screen. If you have a tween or a middle schooler, you really need to see this movie. My 6-year old wasn't with me, but now that I've seen it, I would be comfortable letting her see it too although she might not quite be old enough to "get" why some parts of the movie are funny.
Kid, 9 years old June 24, 2010

I love this movie.
Kid, 8 years old June 18, 2010

Two Words:AWE-SOME!

This movie was great!.But violence (Like Bully's Pushing Greg Around)is an issue.Some sex included.Language like c**p and fre**in and consumerism like the Wii shown in the movie.But there are highlights which includes positive messages and good role models.Just see it!.If you like the book you love the movie.
Kid, 9 years old June 14, 2010

Really good, but don't like the uses of language

It's really good! I saw it! Although there is uses of c**p and fre***n'. They had good role models and positive messages (It's the choices who we are).
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bytxsmoke June 13, 2010

Kid, 10 years old May 31, 2010

One of the Best book adoptions!~!

This is a good movie for elementary students because it can relate to real things that happen (ex. older brother, new school, exc.) Rodrick owns an inappropriate magazine with clad women on the cover (none of the inside is shown). Not too bad with the language.
Parent of a 1, 2, 7, 9, and 10 year old Written bymommy of five May 26, 2010

Good for all ages.

I have 5 kids and they loved it even my 2 year old sat threw the whole thing. My hubby and i also loved it , it made me laugh so hard, good message to be your self and not care what others think. LOVE IT!!!
Kid, 11 years old May 22, 2010

Great movie

This movie was good and exciting but in one scene Greg urinates on his brother. I heard the word crap a few times and a teenager has a sex magazine.
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2010

its not a diary its a movie

i dont know but how could i read this story.
Kid, 10 years old May 21, 2010

I love it is so awsome!!!!!!!!!!