All member reviews for Die Hard 2: Die Harder

John McClane spreads vigilante Christmas cheer.

Teen, 14 years old Written byquickbuild2345 February 29, 2012

Great action movie, but with lots of violence and language

This is a really great sequel to the incredible Die Hard. Violence: definitely worse than the first. Lots of shooting with bloody bullet holes and blood spray. A man is stabbed graphically in the eye with an icicle and we see a close up of it in his gory eye socket. A man has his throat slit and blood pours. A man is sucked into a jet engine and blood splatters against the side of the plane. A man is crushed painfully in a conveyor belt. Two planes explode, killing everyone inside. Sex: we see a man's rear in a darkly lit room. Language: 70+ f-words and many uses of everything else, including but not limited to "s**t," "h**l," "d**n," "c**ksucker," and others.
Teen, 13 years old Written byelreader46 October 20, 2010

perfect mature action flick

This movie is really good. Most of my concerns are that there is a lot of violence. Close up shots of people getting killed. The language is from the famous " Yippie Ki Yay mf" .
Teen, 14 years old Written byjrcalhoun759 March 6, 2010

Pretty good movie. Much like the first one, there is lots of language and gunplay. There is no nudity, dont listen to what CMS says. Basicly if you can watch the first one, you can watch this one.
Teen, 16 years old Written bybobybobby July 25, 2012

Die hardest

Pretty cool movie though the csm rating is a joke as it is for all mature games. A mature 12 year old possibly an eleven year old could watch this movie.There are a lot worse things out there
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 14, 2011

great early 1990's classic

awesome airport movie. with lots of cool action
Teen, 17 years old Written byMikeybooth July 3, 2011

Great movie, too much f**k!

Bruce Willis, as usual has a very filthy mouth, spewing out f**k quite often, with one signature "Yippi-ki-yay Motherf**ker", all in all the language is much worse than the first, however the bloody violence is a little more mellow. All in all, great movie, awesome sequel, but watch out for the language!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydr duck January 22, 2011

More brutal than the first, but still really good, highschoolers.

This film is once again a great film, and is great one for older teens.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2010

Great sequel

john is back and risks his life to save an airport catastraphy. 2 planes blow up one with cervilians in it one with bad guys. the part were the grenades are in the plane may be intence to young vewers lots of swearing mostly coverd by gun shots.the most gory seen is the part were a man is stabed in the eye with an iceicle
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2010

awesome movie the best die hard

pretty violent and lots of language. a mans butt is seen while he is perfroming fighting moves. a plane crashes on the runway everyone on board is killed. theres a shootout around 15 people are shot and killed theres a fair bit of blood. a man has a popsicle stabbed into his eye blood comes out around his eye and on the popsicle. a man has his trought cut open(very graphic) a man is sucked into a plane engine blood pours out of the engine. a plane explodes. around 40-50 f-words a few s-words and c**ksucker is said once. 14+
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelc April 29, 2010

good film

More violent than the first film, but still good.
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2009

awsome

awsome movie kinda bloody though
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2009

Violence is Bad- but Movie is Good

Good movie but a lot of violence! Like airplanes exploding and stuff going into peoples eyeballs and guns. There is also repeated uses of the f--k. There are no positive messages.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Worse than the first.

The first movie is much better, but this one is still pretty good. There's a little bit of male nudity towards the start, but that's it. As for violence: some explosions, a fist fight, and several gun fights. It would probably earn a PG-13 rating overall. There's about 40 f-words, and other ones mixed in. Nothing else, really.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 February 2, 2013

2nd McClane outing is less bloody, more disrurbing, more profane

John McClane is back with more butt-kicking action in Die Hard 2. an although it is less violent than the first, it does containa particular distirbing scene that makes this film too intense for younger teens. as with the previous Die Hard film, Die Hard 2 is loaded with drawn out battle scenes and gunfights, all which result in massive bloodshed. people are shot with bloody splatters, stabbed, blown up, crushed, have their throats slit, and get beaten up. a man is chopped up in a plane turbine and viewers see blood splatter. a man gets an icicle in the eye, and in that scene mentioned earlier, the terrorist blow up a plane full of innocent civilians. along all the hardcore action, is pervasive strong language and lots of smoking.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDerrickRose1 July 11, 2011

Must See

An amazing movie!!! Funny at parts and also exciting! Lot of F bombs but worth seeing. Traitors cut throat and lot of blood! Just remember: Yippi Ki Yay Mother F#@$ers!
Adult Written byfonzieg April 3, 2015

Fun and energetic, but not as thrilling as the first!

Now here is a great example of a good popcorn action flick! It's not as good as the first, all the thrills from the first are gone. But, it makes up for it with lots of exciting bloody and explosive action!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 22, 2014

Die Hard 2: Die Harder movie review

"Die Hard 2: Die Harder" is a sequel with a bigger synopsis, yet it wasn't better than "Die Hard". The movie starts out almost perfectly. It felt like I was watching the first "Die Hard" movie. After the first 25 minutes, the movie dragged. "Die Hard 2: Die Harder" was a movie that had many technical problems. The shots and transitions were not that good at times. Also, sometimes it felt like the director Renny Harlin cared too much for the action rather than the development of plot and characters. The action in this movie was actually really good. It was visually stunning. Harlin knows how to choreograph action very well. The main problem I had with the movie was that it had a weak structure at times. The twist at the end was very expected and it could have been handled better. The movie jumps around a little too much. "Die Hard 2" has so many plots going on at once that it is rushed. Also, the movie lacks the suspense the first movie had. That being said, the movie can get very suspenseful at times. When McClane was in the plane and the terrorists started to throw grenades at him, I was actually on the edge of my seat. That leads me to my next complaint I had with the movie. It doesn't take grenades 5 minutes to explode. It takes a couple of seconds. What I loved about "Die Hard" was that it is realistic fiction. This movie was unrealistic at points. Despite all of my complaints about "Die Hard 2", there are way more positives than negatives. It is actually a very fun movie to watch. The explosion at the end was awesome and the comedy was handled really well. Even though I stated many complaints I had with "Die Hard 2: Die Harder", I still recommend checking it out if you are a hardcore action fan.
Written byAnonymous October 10, 2014

Die Hard 2: Die Harder review

========================================================= Sex/Nudity: Colonel Stuart exercises naked in his airport hotel room, his bottom seen from above, and then directly centered a few seconds later. Colonel Stuart says to McClane over the walkie-talkie that he read about him in People magazine and, "you seemed out of your league on Nightline, I thought." McClane replies, "Hey Colonel, blow me. How much drug money is Esperanza paying you to turn traitor?" Major Grant asks McClane, "What if they decide to crash another plane in retaliation for your little stunt?" McClane replies, "They can't do that anymore, right Barnes?" Barnes slowly shakes his head and McClane says, "Besides, if I grabbed Esperanza, this would all be over by now." Major Grant shouts, "Well maybe they're just a little bit more creative than you think!" McClane shouts back, "Well at least I'm thinking, g*ddamn it!" Major Grant answers, "Listen you wise-ass. We're here to jerk off that c*cks*cker until he tries to take off. Period!" 5/10. ========================================================= Violence: The caretaker of a church explains to two men that he's not happy about the church being closed down, and says, "Yeah, I kind of feel like a piece of me is dying along with this church." The man closest to the caretaker says, "Well, you're right about that," takes out a gun with a silencer, and shoots the caretaker three times, one shot close up and the other two seen from afar. McClane, in his capacity as a cop, asks the two men in the luggage area to see some ID and the man on the right says, "Sure, no problem." Both of the men turn away, then the man on the left, Sergeant Oswald Cochrane, spins around and fires his gun at McClane, who returns fire, then drops under a baggage conveyor belt. We hear more shots, and glass breaking. McClane fires again from the floor, causing the other man, Miller to spin behind a control panel. Miller points upward with his gun, and Cochrane nods quickly and looks up, then climbs up to the next level. McClane climbs up to a slanted luggage conveyor belt, Miller sees him, and fires. McClane ducks a bit, and then fires back, causing Miller to go behind what looks like lockers. Miller steps out from behind those, and fires again, hitting a piece of luggage. McClane fires back, Miller goes back to his original position, and then the fired-upon luggage falls on McClane's hand, causing him to drop his gun, which falls onto a conveyor belt, and he exclaims, "Oh, jeez. F*ck!" Miller reloads his gun, cocks it, and walks slowly, looking for McClane. From behind, McClane hits Miller in the back with a golf club, causing him to drop his gun, and as McClane winds up for another shot, Miller kicks him in the stomach, sending him backwards. Miller moves at McClane, and McClane kicks Miller in the stomach. McClane gets up, tries to punch Miller in the face, but Miller blocks him, punches him in the stomach, and then in the face. McClane is knocked against a metal beam, and then Miller kicks him in the back of his right leg, bringing him to his knees. Miller brings his hand around for another blow, but McClane grabs him by the lapels of his jacket and rams his head into the metal beam, knees him in the stomach, and head-butts him in the face. Miller rolls over a low conveyor belt to the ground, then takes a passing red suitcase and throws it at McClane, sending him to the ground. McClane gets up and sprays something in Miller's eyes. He screams, and we see blood on his upper lip and his top row of teeth. Cochrane, on another level of the conveyor belt maze, fires at the spray can, making it explode out of McClane's hand. McClane runs as Cochrane fires. Cochrane fires again as McClane grabs onto the edge of a conveyor belt above him, and then again, shattering a worklight, as McClane makes it onto that conveyor belt. Cochrane fires again, though McClane's out of view, only causing some sparks against the side of the metal railing. He walks slowly up to the next level, looking out for McClane, not seeing him anywhere and then suddenly, McClane shouts and jumps down on top of him. The brief ensuing scuffle sends both men over the red railing. Before they fall, we briefly see blood on McClane's forehead. Both men fall to a lower conveyor belt, on top of some luggage. McClane and Cochrane rise higher on the conveyor belt, as McClane struggles against him while on top of him, as Cochrane also has a hand on McClane's face. McClane punches Cochrane in the face, then head-butts him in the face, and we briefly see blood on Cochrane's face, especially his chin. McClane spots a roller, designed to press luggage as flat as it can get, and makes sure that Cochrane's face is under it, as he jumps to a metal pipe at the side of the conveyor. The machinery sparks, electrocuting Cochrane, and we only see his feet jerking. McClane says, "Oh, sh*t!" as the metal pipe he's hanging on gives way and white smoke pours from an opening. We briefly see blood on two of McClane's right knuckles as he hangs on the pipe. Then he falls from the now-loose pipe and lands on a collection of luggage. We hear glass break offscreen as McClane looks, and we see Miller running from the facility. McClane rides a bike to Miller in another area where a luggage tram sits, and jumps on him into luggage. McClane takes a record player needle off a record and a hand reaches to him. He spins around and shoves a man hard against a locker, holding a gun to his shoulder. After McClane deems the man, Marvin, to be harmless, he un-cocks the gun and takes it away. One of the S.W.A.T team members orders a man dressed in white painting clothes to stop what he's doing, and when his order is not followed, says, "Hey asshole, what do I look like to you?" The "painter" replies, "A sitting duck," and shoots the man in the forehead. We see a full circle of blood in the middle of his forehead as he falls backwards. Another SWAT team member fires at the man as he ducks behind a wooden table, and the inside of a toolbox sparks. McClane hears the gunfire from inside the duct, and exclaims, "Sh*t!" He takes out his gun, cocks it, and says, "Damn it. I hate it when I'm right." One "painter" on scaffolding fires a machine gun at the SWAT team, and another rolls out of the way and fires two machine guns at the SWAT team, and one of the SWAT team members yells at the other men, "Look out! Get down!" One of the SWAT team members throws Barnes over the side of the escalator for protection. One of the other terrorists fires at the SWAT team, and glass falls on Barnes, who screams, and we see a bloody hand of his, as items around explode and the firing continues. One of the painters on scaffolding fires at a SWAT team member, hitting him, and we very briefly see blood spray out as the man backs into a ladder in slow-motion and falls down with the ladder. Another SWAT team member fires at one of the men, and we see blood pour out in streams as the man hits two pay phones behind him, and we see blood on the metal wall of one of the payphones as he falls. Another SWAT team member fires at a man hiding behind big metal tubes, and the man emerges from behind the tubes, firing at the SWAT team member, blood spraying out as the member falls. Another SWAT team member rises from beside the escalator, and one of the other men fires at him, and we see blood emerge from his back as he falls. One of the men on the scaffolding fires at a SWAT team member, who's hit in the shoulder, and we see blood burst and spray out as the man is thrown back into plate glass, which shatters, and he falls through the wooden beams that were holding it up. Then the gunfire stops and we see in full the deadly results of the gunfight. One of the men emerges from behind a wall with a machine gun and a handgun, looking straight at Barnes, walking over to him and holding the handgun at the back of his head. But just as he might fire, McClane pushes down a duct cover, which falls onto the man, and he fires a few times at him. We see blood burst out of the man's lower back, and he falls to the ground, holding the duct cover. We also see full circles of blood on his chest regions as he falls. One of the terrorists fires at McClane from the scaffolding and he tucks his feet right back into the duct, and we briefly see another man firing as well. McClane fires at the man on the scaffolding who rolls away, and he jumps down to Barnes. The man on the scaffolding fires at McClane again, who rolls and fires again at the man, but he rolls away. McClane keeps rolling on the ground as he fires at another terrorist, who fires back equally. That terrorist runs out of bullets and exclaims, "F*ck!" The man on the scaffolding fires at McClane again, and McClane returns fire. McClane rushes toward the base of the scaffolding and hides under it, quickly reloading his gun. He fires at the wooden board leading up to the man, and the man ducks the shots, then fires down at McClane. McClane ducks the shots, then shoves himself against the metal poles holding the scaffolding up, trying to make it unstable for the gunman. McClane tips the scaffolding over and the man falls to the ground. Then the scaffolding falls on him. McClane fires at the man in the black shirt who runs. But a long, thick wooden board falls on him. The last gunman tries to fire at McClane, but the machine gun doesn't work and he says, "Sh*t." McClane picks up a metal pole as the man approaches. He uses the metal pole to turn on the automatic walkway, which brings his gun closer to him. The man runs at McClane, and screams, then McClane picks up his gun and fires numerous times at the man's head. Barnes says he has to get to the "antenna array and set it up." McClane looks out at it, and it explodes, shattering some of the windows of the new terminal, and smoke drifts in. In retaliation for the Dulles control tower trying to communicate with their planes when expressly told not to, Stuart causes Windsor flight 114, a transatlantic flight, to crash on the runway and explode by setting the instrument landing system (designed to guide planes easily to the runway) 200 feet below sea level. Windsor flight 114's right inboard engine (the engine closest to the fuselage on that side), hits the runway and sparks. Then the landing gear totally collapses, the plane lands hard on its belly and we see the panic inside the cabin as it slants sideways, and things fall out of the overhead bins. In the next shot, the plane's left inboard engine (closest to the fuselage) explodes mightily from contact with the ground, fire engulfing it and its part of the wing. Then the engine next to it explodes from contact with the enormous fire. From a shot further back, we see the entire plane explode, and parts fly everywhere. The flaming wreckage skids across the runway, and parts rain down. We also see more brief explosions. General Esperanza stealthily enters the cockpit of his plane with a handgun out, and he points the gun at the head of the pilot in the left seat, and cocks it. He says to the man, "Captain, please tell the tower you will proceed as ordered." The pilot does so, and his co-pilot reaches out and tries to grab the gun, as the pilot banks the plane. In the struggle, the gun goes off, shooting the co-pilot and shattering a cockpit window. We also hear gunshots on the radio from inside the church setup. The pilot of the plane says to General Esperanza as snow blows into the cockpit, "What are you going to do now? Are you going to shoot me? So who will fly the plane?" Esperanza answers, "Don't worry about it. It's not your problem," and shoots the man in the head. Esperanza pulls the man's body out of the seat and then out of the cockpit. Finding the grate located right under runway 2-5 right locked, McClane takes out his gun and shoots off the lock. As McClane tells Esperanza that he's going to trade him for his wife, machine gunfire sparks off the doorframe of the plane and McClane shoots back at a vehicle approaching alongside. Colonel Stuart fires at McClane from inside, while another man fires while getting out of the vehicle, and Stuart continues doing so as he gets out. McClane shoots the man in the chest, and he falls to the ground. McClane goes into the plane and as Esperanza points a gun at him, he exclaims "Sit down!" and shoots Esperanza in the arm. We see a bit of blood. McClane goes into the cockpit and shuts the door, after which Esperanza gets up and shoots at the door. Another of Stuart's men asks Esperanza where McClane went and Esperanza says "In there," indicating the cockpit door. The man then shoots at it, creating many holes in it, while McClane seems to go under the co-pilot's seat. Colonel Stuart calls out at McClane from outside the plane, "I assume it's you, McClane. You're quite a little soldier. You can consider this a military funeral!" He fires at the cockpit and instruments explode in the cockpit from the gunfire as McClane ducks. A cockpit window is blown in and the plane's nose is riddled with holes as we see Colonel Stuart and one of his men firing at it. McClane screams, possibly from pain, though we don't see at that moment what has caused it. Window glass shatters and falls inside the cockpit near McClane, and a wider shot shows Stuart, the man next to him, and a man next to General Esperanza (just standing there) firing at the plane. Stuart stops firing and asks the man next to him, "How many grenades we got?" The man answers, "Three each!" Stuart shouts, "Use 'em!" and he and his two men each chuck a grenade into the cockpit. We see them soar in, right in front of McClane. He quickly scrambles into the pilot's seat, and puts on the shoulder harnesses. Other grenades are thrown in as McClane latches the seatbelts, and he pulls an "Eject" handle which propels him out of the plane just as it explodes, and from a view above the exploding plane, we see McClane propelled upward, close to the camera as gravity takes hold. The man outside the church dives at McClane and knocks him to the ground. They get up, McClane punches him in the face, and the man drags him over to the side of a truck and shoves him against it. Then the man throws McClane against the front wall of a shed next to the church, then gets on top of him. In the next shot, McClane's assailant shoves him high against the wall of the shed. McClane falls on top of him, and the man rolls over onto him. McClane then rolls onto the man and the man rolls onto him, and it appears the man tries to choke McClane. The man then takes out a knife and lifts it over McClane, as McClane struggles to hold the man's arm up, away from him. McClane sees an icicle and pushes the man's arm away from him, then reaches over and snaps off the icicle. McClane stabs the man in the eye with it, and we see blood on his face. Then McClane snaps off the icicle, leaving a chunk in the man's eye. The man falls on top of McClane, and McClane pushes him off next to him. One of the soldiers approaching the church unknowingly trips a wire that sets off an intruder alarm inside, causing Colonel Stuart and one of his men to grab their guns. Then, the other men load up their weapons, one breaks a window from inside, and begins firing at the men outside. Other men break windows from inside various areas at the front of the church and begin firing as well. The men from inside the church go outside and fire at the soldiers as they move to transport Esperanza away. One of the snowmobiles the men escape on busts through a white wooden fence and so does another next to it. McClane runs to where the men have ridden away and fires repeatedly at one of the men sailing off a snow embankment. The man screams and falls to the ground. Another man stops his snowmobile to look at the other man fallen, McClane fires at him, and he's hit in the chest and falls off. McClane fires at Colonel Stuart as he approaches, and Stuart stands up, loads another round of bullets into his machine gun, and then McClane and another snowmobile driver fire as they pass by each other. McClane ducks after he runs out of ammunition, and Colonel Stuart fires at him as he approaches. McClane sails off a snow embankment as Colonel Stuart continues firing, he flies right over a passing truck, and his snowmobile explodes in mid-air. He rolls onto the snow. Marvin sees McClane fall down a ladder into his section of the basement. In the troop truck, one soldier slashes another's throat with a knife and we see blood dripping down, as well as a large stain of it on the man's outfit. As Lorenzo tries to arrest McClane, McClane pushes him against a window and fires his machine gun at him, showing Lorenzo that the bullets are blanks and that who he thought was a good guy isn't so good after all. Panic ensues in the airport after the people learn about the terrorists' control over the airport. They run, and we see some glass fall to the floor and shatter in a store. Door glass shatters as a crush of people run out of the airport. The cop car McClane is in with Lorenzo and his brother Vito pulls out, but a taxicab drives in front of them and they crash into the side of it. As Thornburg says into the phone live on the air from inside the airplane bathroom, "And if this should be my final broadcast?" Holly tasers Thornburg near his shoulder. He slumps down, and she says, "Amen to that...Dick." Major Grant holds his handgun up as he opens one of the 747's doors facing the troubled wing. He goes out onto the wing, and McClane jumps down on him. McClane punches Grant hard in the face and he drops onto the wing. Grant kicks McClane in the stomach with one foot, and as McClane gets up, Grant kicks him in the face. Grant approaches McClane again, but McClane kicks Grant's left leg, and Grant falls onto the wing. McClane punches Grant in the face again, and twice more in a closer shot. We see blood on Grant's face and the collar of his jacket and then his lips as he holds McClane away with his hand on his face. McClane punches Grant hard enough that he rolls onto the wing with Grant on top of him, and then Grant rolls to the edge of the wing. McClane kicks Grant to the engine cowling, and Grant hangs right in front of the engine, his feet dangling. Grant slips gradually, and is sucked into the engine. Colonel Stuart jumps down onto the wing with a knife in hand, as McClane scoots back up onto the wing. Colonel Stuart tries to stab him while he's down, but McClane holds onto Stuart's arm, and struggles to keep the knife away, but screams, and it appears that Colonel Stuart has stabbed him somewhere, though we don't see where. Then McClane bites a piece of skin off Stuart's fist and Stuart screams. McClane spits it out. Stuart pulls back his hand and McClane kicks him down onto the wing with both feet. Stuart raises his fists as McClane gets up and brandishes his. McClane tries to punch Stuart in the face, but Stuart blocks it with one hand and punches McClane in the face, then kicks him in the stomach and McClane falls onto the wing again. McClane gets up as Stuart looks at him menacingly, and he tries to punch Stuart in the face again, but Stuart ducks, and kicks McClane in the stomach again. McClane tries to reach Stuart's face again, but Stuart grabs his hand and knees him in the stomach twice. McClane grabs on to Stuart's back and punches him in the side four times. Stuart grabs hold of McClane's left arm and knees him in the face, then the stomach, then kicks him in the face, and McClane falls to the wing. McClane gets up, Stuart attempts a roundhouse kick, but McClane ducks, though Stuart succeeds with a lower roundhouse kick that catches McClane in the back of his legs and he falls onto the engine cowling, near the fuel dump mechanism. Stuart slides down to McClane, and after McClane trips the fuel dump mechanism, Stuart kicks him off the plane onto the runway. McClane gets up a bit from the ground, as the plane moves down the runway. He clicks open a lighter and flicks it, throwing it at the ground where leaked fuel has landed, and the flame races across the snow to the plane, where it catches it as it takes off. The right inboard engine (the engine closest to the fuselage) explodes, and the rest of the wing is engulfed. The fire races through the first floor of the plane, and Esperanza and the men scream in reaction, white light flooding them, and the entire plane explodes in the air. 8.5/10. ========================================================= Blood/Gore: The caretaker of a church explains to two men that he's not happy about the church being closed down, and says, "Yeah, I kind of feel like a piece of me is dying along with this church." The man closest to the caretaker says, "Well, you're right about that," takes out a gun with a silencer, and shoots the caretaker three times, one shot close up and the other two seen from afar. We see the caretaker's blood fall, along with him into a pew. The other man looks at the caretaker, who has blood above his chin, a bit on the left side of his face, and a heavy spot on the right side. We then the caretaker's face up close, as well as a few new spots of blood. One of McClane's assailants at the luggage conveyor belts, rolls over a low conveyor belt to the ground, then takes a passing red suitcase and throws it at McClane, sending him to the ground. McClane gets up and sprays something in the man's eyes. He screams, and we see blood on his upper lip and his top row of teeth, from the fight with McClane before this moment. Later, before McClane and another assailant fall over a red railing onto a lower conveyor belt, we briefly see blood on McClane's forehead. On that lower conveyor belt, as it rises, McClane punches the man in the face, then head-butts him in the face, and we briefly see blood on the man's face, especially his chin. After McClane dispatches his assailant, we briefly see blood on two of his knuckles as he hangs onto a metal pipe. We see a cut above McClane's eyebrow as he reaches for his ID, and doesn't find it. We see the completely bloody face of a dead man before the black body bag is zipped up. Later, McClane presses the fingers of the dead man into a pad of black ink and gets his fingerprints. We see the hand still up in the air as McClane says jokingly to the two men from the coroner's office, "I don't think this one's going to make it boys," then puts the dead man's hand down. Al says to McClane over the phone after seeing what his fax machine number is, "Oh, an airport, huh? Listen, you're not pissing in somebody's pool, are you?" McClane replies, "Yeah. And I'm fresh out of chlorine." One of the SWAT team member says to a "painter" in the new terminal, "Hey asshole, what do I look like to you?" The terrorist replies, "A sitting duck," and shoots the SWAT team member in the forehead. We see a full circle of blood in the middle of his forehead as he falls backwards. Also during the firefight inside the terminal, one of the other terrorists fires at the SWAT team, and glass falls on Barnes, who screams. We see his bloody hand, as items explode around him. One of the terrorists on scaffolding fires at a SWAT team member, hitting him, and we very briefly see blood spray out as the man backs into a ladder in slow-motion and falls down with the ladder. Another SWAT team member fires at a man hiding behind big metal tubes, and the man emerges from behind the tubes, firing at the SWAT team member, hitting him, and blood sprays out as he falls. Another SWAT team member rises from beside the escalator, and one of the other men fires at him, and we see blood emerge from his back as he falls. One of the men on the scaffolding fires at a SWAT team member, who's hit in the shoulder, and we see blood burst and spray out as the man is thrown backward into plate glass. Then the gunfire stops and we see the result of the gunfight, with two men dead on the stopped escalator, blood on the right side of it. A white board of some kind has some blood on it and a dead man laying next to it. One man is seen dead, streaks of blood on the floor in front of him. There's a seconds-long shot of another dead SWAT team member, with blood pooled behind his head and under his right shoulder, blood near his mouth, and on his neck, blood pooled under his back and a leg, one pant leg ripped open and dark blood seen on there too, and spots of blood in between his legs. McClane fires at the man in the black shirt who runs. But a long, thick wooden board falls on him. The last gunman tries to fire at McClane, but the machine gun doesn't work and he says, "Sh*t." McClane picks up a metal pole as the man approaches. McClane uses the metal pole to turn on the automatic walkway, which brings his gun closer to him. The man runs at McClane, and screams, then McClane picks up his gun and fires at the man's head numerous times. We see blood spill from the man. Two paramedics try to shock a man back to life with defibrillation paddles, and we see blood on the man's chest and near his stomach. We see blood on Barnes' shirtsleeve as McClane bandages his arm. McClane runs over to the dead body of a terrorist, flips him over and takes out the walkie-talkie the man was using to communicate with his people at the church. After Trudeau calls for Barnes, we see blood on one of his sleeves as a man sitting next to him patches his arm up. As McClane explains to Trudeau that he wanted to help those people who died in the plane crash, we see a dark red bruise on his chin, and two bruise streaks near his ear. General Esperanza stealthily enters the cockpit of his plane with a handgun out, points the gun at the head of the pilot in the left seat, and cocks it. He says to the man, "Captain, please tell the tower you will proceed as ordered." The pilot does so, and his co-pilot reaches out and tries to grab the gun, as the pilot banks the plane. In the struggle, the gun goes off, shooting the co-pilot and shattering a cockpit window. The pilot says to Esperanza as snow blows into the cockpit, "What are you going to do now? Are you going to shoot me? So who will fly the plane?" Esperanza answers, "Don't worry about it. It's not your problem," and shoots the man in the head. Then, Esperanza pulls the man's body out of the seat and out of the cockpit. McClane shouts at Esperanza, "Sit down!" and shoots him in the arm. We see a bit of blood. As live grenades fly into the cockpit of Esperanza's plane, McClane quickly scrambles into the pilot's seat, puts on the shoulder harnesses and as he does, we briefly see a bloody wound on his left hand. Outside the church, McClane sees an icicle and pushes his assailant's arm away from him, snapping off the icicle. He then stabs the man in the eye with it, and we see blood on his face. McClane snaps off the icicle, leaving a chunk in the man's eye. We see blood around the man's mouth as he falls on top of McClane, and McClane pushes him off next to him. We briefly see significant blood on the man's face, and the icicle chunk in his eye. One of Colonel Stuart's men tends to a wound on General Esperanza's arm, blood seen near his shoulder. In the troop truck, one soldier slashes another's throat with a knife and we see blood dripping down, as well as a large stain of it on the man's outfit. As McClane shouts at people in the airport to get out of the way, while in a cart Marvin's driving, we see blood on his chest. As McClane gets off the cart, shouting for Lorenzo, we see blood at the side of his face, and more on his shirt. We see blood on Major Grant's face, the collar of his jacket, and his lips as he holds McClane away with his hand on his face. McClane punches Grant hard enough that he rolls onto the wing with Grant on top of him, and then Grant rolls to the edge of the wing. We see a lot more blood on the side of McClane's face and neck as he shouts at Grant, "I got enough friends!" McClane kicks Grant to the engine cowling, and Grant hangs right in front of the engine, his feet dangling. Grant slips gradually, and is sucked into the engine, which spits out blood on its side, and we see more blood pouring down. McClane gets up a bit from the ground, as the plane moves down the runway, a thick stream of blood seen at the right side of his face. We see the wound close up as McClane clicks open a lighter. We see some spots of blood on Holly's cheek, which evidently came from McClane's face, as he hugs her tightly. 8/10. ========================================================= Profanity: At least 57 "f" words (6 used with the prefix "mother"), 24 "s" words, 2 slang terms for male genitals ("d*ck" and "c*cks*cker"), 22 asses (9 used with "hole"), 16 hells, 8 damns, 7 S.O.B.'s, 3 bitches, 2 craps, 1 jerk-off, 1 "jerking us off," and 19 uses of "G-damn," 5 uses of "Jesus," 4 uses of "Jesus Christ," 3 uses each of "Christ," "Oh Jesus" and "God," 2 uses of "Oh God," and 1 use each of "Oh my God," "My God," and "Oh, Jesus Christ" as exclamations. 8/10. =========================================================Alcohol/Drugs: A news report heard on TV while Colonel Stuart exercises, states, "But mounting evidence that Esperanza's forces, violated the neutrality of neighboring countries, made Congress withhold funds, funds which Esperanza is accused of replacing by going into the lucrative business of cocaine smuggling." McClane asks his wife, Holly, over the phone, "Listen, honey, when you land can we just, like, you know, rent a car, check into a hotel, leave the kids with your parents, order some room service? A bottle of champagne, what do you say?" After the caretaker of the church falls dead into a pew, we hear a woman on the TV news, heard in the background, say, "?cocaine smuggling, racketeering, and bribing government officials." Live from Dulles, a TV reporter named Samantha Coleman says, "Here at Dulles, the quiet men from the justice department wait to handcuff the man who has come to symbolize the enemy in America's fight against cocaine." We see two bottles of a beer and a tall beer mug on the small table at the airport where two of the criminals sit, as a third sits down. Behind the man who's talking to the two, we see another man, not affiliated, holding a glass. At McClane's table, we see a half-full glass of alcohol and another next to it, nearly empty. A man says to the bartender at the airport bar, "Uh, scotch straight up, please." A flight attendant goes over to Holly and asks, "What did you do?", in reference to the news reporter Thornburg having a restraining order against her. She replies, "Knocked out two of his teeth." The flight attendant asks, smiling, "Would you like some champagne?" Later, the flight attendant holds a champagne bottle in a towel, stops at McClane's wife's row and asks her, "Can I get you another?" McClane's wife looks at Thornburg, then replies, "No thank you, I only have to look at his face for another 15 or 20 minutes." The flight attendant then pours champagne into a glass for the older woman sitting next to Holly. After hearing that the flight will be delayed in landing, Holly says to the flight attendant, "On second thought?," and hands her the glass to fill up. We see some of the champagne being poured in. The woman at the rental car counter says to McClane, "Say, I close in about an hour. Maybe we can go get a drink?" McClane smiles and shows her his wedding ring. McClane says to Trudeau about the dead mercenary guy, "You got the world's biggest drug dealer on his way here. Now what do you need, a slide rule to figure this out? Or maybe another body in a zipper bag before you start asking questions." Coleman says to McClane, "Big drug dealer on his way to prison, gunfight at airport, every controller in the coffee shop getting beeped and hauling ass, and you rocking the boat. Connection? Come on, McClane, just a few words." McClane explains that the terrorists have lost six of their men and Lorenzo bursts forth with, "Well maybe if we knew how many they had to start with, we could get excited, but if they got 50 guys, it's a little early to break out the champagne." 4/10. ========================================================= McClane smokes 7 times, General Esperanza smokes a cigar twice, and a miscellaneous soldier smokes a cigar once, blowing two smoke rings. Lorenzo holds a cigarette between two fingers as he talks to McClane from behind his desk. On the plane, General Esperanza takes out a cigar and asks the soldier sitting across from him to give him a light. The young soldier walks over to him, and flicks open a lighter, lighting the General's cigar. Walking amongst a crowd, McClane takes a cigarette out of a pack, puts it between his lips, and lights it. McClane says to himself, panting a little as he prepares to run to runway 2-5 right, "I got to quit smoking cigarettes." One of the soldiers celebrating inside the 747 lights a cigar for the man behind him. 6/10. ========================================================= Die Hard 2: Die Harder, while not as enjoyable as the original Die Hard, it is still great entertainment and is definitely worth watching. I give it 7.5/10. =========================================================
Kid, 9 years old August 15, 2014

good cartoon but some violence

good movie but there are a lot of gun fights
Adult Written bylebron2306 July 25, 2014

Very Good Movie and Less Violent then First

In this movie the whole plot his based around graphic bloody violence. There is not as much violence as in the first one, though still a lot. A bit more swearing, the F word is used a lot.