All member reviews for Die Hard: With a Vengeance

Teen, 15 years old Written bywowiamcool108 April 9, 2008

More Excellence

Incredibly entertaining. Funny and violent. Samuel L Jackson is perfect partner for Bruce Willis. Plot revolves around terrorist/bomb threat in New York City. Bombs blow up city blocks and kill innocent people; many more are placed around the city and in a school filled with small children. Sporatic violence: gunshots produce spurts of blood, an innocent man's neck is slashed multiple times causing blood to spray out all over walls, a man's head is pushed barely offscreen and shot point blank resulting in lots of blood and brains splattering over walls and people, a man is cut in half by a wire (at a distance but clearly visable onscreen), villan kills innocent people with no remorse, and as usual McLane is soaked in blood most of the movie. Constant strong language: almost every sentence contains explicit language, around 100 uses of f--- alone, with just as much with other foul words, constant use of the N-word by and against black people, McLane is forced to walk into Harlem with a sign saying "I HATE N******" (not censored in film). Racism is a very big topic here, and is suprisingly thoughtful. McLane drinks and is addicted to painkillers.

Pretty Good...

You know, I think it's great. Great on TV. I don't know how anyone would care to watch a movie with a sware in every sentance. It is also very offensive to both black and white people. When John is walking around NYC with a sign hanging over his neck saying I Hate N*****s. Besides that, I think it was great.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan October 22, 2014

Die Hard with a Vengeance movie review

When people ask me what the most underrated movie is, I tell them "Die Hard with a Vengeance". Many critics didn't like this movie and some even panned it. I don't know why. "Die Hard with a Vengeance" is the perfect "Die Hard" sequel for me. The movie starts out very fast-paced and it reminds me of the movie "Speed". It starts out very fast and I loved it. Unlike the first two "Die Hard" movies, this movie is an adrenaline rush from the beginning. The villain played by Jeremy Irons was so cool. I loved his intelligence. To him, killing John McClane is "one of life's little bonuses". He is a despicable character like the villains in "Die Hard" and "Die Hard 2". I would still say that Hans Gruber is my favorite "Die Hard" villain, but Jeremy Irons' character comes as a close second. In this movie, you see John McClane as a broken man and I loved how it showed that. The main problem critics had with the movie was that it had way too many turns and twist. In my opinion, the movie's turns were not that bad. I actually enjoyed it. The action in this movie is inferior to the first movie. I still liked the action sequences a lot. Samuel L. Jackson is amazing in this movie. He is so funny and he is very inappropriate. His chemistry with Bruce Willis was so good. I actually thought "Die Hard with a Vengeance" could have been the best "Die Hard" movie. My only problem with this movie was that the end felt completely separate from the rest of the movie. It felt very isolated. That still didn't take away from my overall enjoyment of the movie. The rest of the movie was so much fun that I would give it four and half out of five stars if I could. Is it as good as "Die Hard"? No, but it is better than the other "Die Hard" sequels. If you are a person who likes to watch action movies, I strongly suggest "Die Hard with a Vengeance". It is one of the most underrated movies ever made . "Die Hard with a Vengeance" is the definition of summer movie popcorn fun.
Kid, 9 years old August 17, 2014

3 Stars!

CSM this is almost as good as the first. Why 3 stars!
Teen, 15 years old Written bygranth July 1, 2014

Die hard 3

die hard with a vengeance is just as funny as the previous 2 films. There are some offensive racial comments and just as much violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 2, 2014

its good

jhon mclane is awesome but not for five year olds the violence is strong and includes bombs gun fights hand to hand combat and more there is heavy swearing includes f@#k s@$t a-- damn hell and much more but its a good movie that teens will enjoy
Kid, 10 years old September 1, 2013

Language is Problem

Amazing plot, loved it! Although language might be a problem, but it is good for mature children 12+.
Teen, 14 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 June 1, 2013

not as good as the first 2, but still delivers the thrills

compared to the first 2 Die Hard films, this one is not as good as its predecessors. that still doesn't mean it is still a blast of fun and quality action. and although the film has less violence and deaths, some of the scenes and the constant strong language means that this film is for older action buffs. this movie has less blood than the previous films, but there is till lots of violence. there are 3 massive explosions that destroy a subway, a store, and a boat. people are shot, often with blood spray, beaten, stabbed, sliced, have their throats slit, and in one case, cut in half. the main characters are covered in blood during some scenes. nearly all the characters swear using almost any word imaginable, and John is seen wearing a racist sign. John also talks about his hangover and smokes cigarettes a lot
Teen, 14 years old Written bygarethiscool January 27, 2013

awesome movie but not for a younger audince

die hard with a vengeance has strong violence and language throughout the say the N word a lot children being held hostage and the main characters in that movie is a drinker and a smoker and the other one is a racist.
Kid, 11 years old November 11, 2012

Entertaining but violent movie

This movie was very exciting. it had a lot of action though. Recommend it for older teens and adults
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 April 25, 2012

Thrilling action movie contains frequent language and action

Despite language which was strong, most violence was on a pg-13 level. Know your kid, but a teen should be fine
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 December 14, 2011

awesome movie. but watch out for racist and bad language

this movie is good. but lots of racist stuff and swearing.
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2010

ONE OF THE BEST DIE HARD MOVIES!!!!!!!!!!!

AN AWESOME ACTION MOVIE!!!!! lots of action violence. an awesome action movie. i recommend it to kids over 10.
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelc April 29, 2010

Much less harsh violence and gore than the previous outings, still some profanity there. But is suitable for ALL over 9.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjrcalhoun759 March 6, 2010

This is my favorite Die Hard movie. The language and the violence is harsh and relentless like the previous movies. Not much to review about here.
Kid, 10 years old September 7, 2009

better than the 2nd worse than the 1st

I thought this movie was really good. There was a LOT of strong language like there was 93 uses of f--k,and there was 3 uses of n----r (one on a sandwichboard). There was a lot of violence too. There was slits of throats,shootings,explosins, and beatings. But if your parents don't care about language in a movie I would say for 12+.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCurbspaget April 9, 2008

Better than 2, worse then 1.

It's good to have the same director/writer back, and he's shown us that he's much better than whoever did "Die Hard 2: Die Harder". Not much sex/nudity, just a brief shot of a woman's breast (with a bra on) A fair amount of violence, three explosions with some gun fights. ~50 f-words, usually used out of frustration. Make sure you see the first three before you see "Live Free or Die Hard", it just makes it that much better.