All member reviews for Dirty Dancing

Teen, 14 years old Written byandyouaskwhy November 14, 2009

loved it i miss patrick swayze rip patrick we will miss u!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe book dork<3 July 16, 2011

No one puts Dirty Dancing in the corner

This movie is SO amazing I can't even express it! I think the reason why it did so well was because it was modern, it meets up with our dancing now. Watch a music video and you'll see the dancing is barely any different. This movies 'sexual situations' are ridiculous. Sure, they dance suggestively, sure the characters have sex but it's a movie. We've seen worse on TV now and days. They don't show anything, younger kids don't understand the references and it's not like we're going to run into the street and yell out 'let's all dance like they did in dirty dancing!' C'mon, give kids some credit. We can handle sexy dancing and sexual gestures.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySumBO October 19, 2011

13 up!

Theres one racy scene with Baby and Johnny when she sneaks out of the house to go to his... Lots of racy dancing.. language violence penny has an Abortion go wrong.. Other than that its a great movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byilovecookiez October 14, 2011

A Classic!

Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyla101 July 9, 2013

The best ever!!!!!!!

I think it's the best movie in the world. It has a little bit of kissing but it's not bad at all.
Kid, 11 years old May 28, 2013

Chick Flick

Some great massages Baby stands up for herself and Johnny. Good chick flick for a sleepover.
Teen, 13 years old Written byVenusGlow555 December 27, 2012

Wonderful, Poise, Dancing!

Very awesome movie! There is some brief sex but there is no nudity what so ever and it is mostly ''longer'' kissing... One fistfight... NO VIOLENCE! Positive messages saying Stand up for whats right even if your the only one standing, Respect yourself and others, Have fun! There is a good amount of sexy dancing but its just dancing! And if your kid is to immature to understand this he/she should not watch this amazing movie or other TV! Parents Decide!
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 September 5, 2011

Lots of iffy stuff.

My rating: PG-13 for sexuality including sensual/exotic dancing and partial nudity, and for some language.
Kid, 11 years old October 22, 2010

Good Tween and Teen Movie

I love this movie. A great storyline with great actors.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMiss6767 May 6, 2009

AMAZING!

Really good movie! other than some brief language and very sexual dancing, this movie is good for 12 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written bygeeksgetthegirl3 April 9, 2008

Very well put together!!!

I love this movie!!!!it is probabley apropriate for 12+ Verrrrrrrrrrry good!!
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2015

Fantastic Film!

The movie was great and I thought it was a very good chick flick. I think it would be a fabulous movie for sleepovers but make sure all of the parents are ok with it. There are some iffy scenes but they help give the movie more drama. Although, the characters do give good lessons like how Baby stood up for what she believed in with her and Johnny's love.
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2014

dancing

I liked the dancing but it was a bit too explicit. You could show a 10 year old but i do not think they would be so impressed. i am not sure about 11 year olds but i think it would be more appropriate for them.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJennypenny123 April 1, 2013

Dirty Dancing

Awesome movie I have watched it multiple times.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCaptain Sparrow January 18, 2013

Caution

I personally enjoyed this movie, and watched it when I was 13. --However, with parental supervision. I would rather that children of 12 years old at a SLEEPOVER NOT WATCH THIS. It speaks of unprotected sex, there is a sex scene, and of course, dirty dancing. Something that should not be seen by children barely even in middle school! However, if you are a parent and want to let your kid see this rather touching story, by all means, do it. Just be careful and make sure they understand the errors in this movie.
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2012

ok movie

Its was a ok movie, full of dancing
Teen, 16 years old Written byTotally500 July 27, 2012

dirty dancing never gets old

this is a classic movie that never stays old
Kid, 11 years old July 8, 2012

Great inspiring movie! Don't let one bad scene spoil it.

This is a great inspiring movie to chase your dreams. There is one sex scene but no nudity. I just recommend closing eyes because it is a great movie! There is a few punches and kicks being thrown but nothing more. There is some drugs and smoking involved in the movie. Just know to never do drugs and smoke. There is also some cussing but nothing much. I think this is a great inspiring movie 10 year olds would love!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywafflelover1227 January 21, 2012

great movie for mature tweens and up

great movie. it has great dancing and a good story line. a girl gets pregnant and has an abortion and there are some other sexually based scenes and references. still, its a great movie for mature tweens who know whats going on and know it isn't the right thing.
Kid, 12 years old October 13, 2010

sex, abortion and lies... but great acting

ive known wat abortion was since i was 6 and sex since i was 8 but other parents may not tel their kids so soon. For teens and not young children but great intimate acting. I LUV U SWAYZE!