All member reviews for Disney Animation Collection 7: Mickey's Christmas Carol

Classic entertaining holiday shorts with perennial lessons.

Kid, 9 years old January 18, 2012

Mickey Christmas Carol Review

In this I think it has a good role model thingy because Scrooge hates Christmas at first but in the end he learns that there is more than life than just money which I think is educational for kids.
Adult Written byLowe's man September 25, 2014

prepares little ones for the standard story

I agree that Mickey's Christmas Carol is a much better version of the classic story to share with little ones than the standard versions, as it's true to the Charles Dickens classic but with its scary elements toned way down, not to mention shorter. Ideal for kids who don't yet have the attention span for full length movies. Since I've only seen this on tv I don't think I've ever seen the supporting cartoons that appear on this dvd, so I can't comment on those.
Kid, 7 years old November 28, 2009

mickeys chirstmas carol rocks

i watched this last year when i was 6 and it scared me.but now i like it!
Parent Written byamandabcook November 12, 2014

Scary for my 4yo

Mickey's Christmas Carol is a classic; I remember it fondly from my childhood. I checked the age recommendation (4y) before showing it to my fairly sensitive 4yo. He was so scared that he was physically shaking. The scary scene is the one with the Ghost of Christmas Future showing Scrooge his future of burning in a fiery hell--there are flames and it is terrifying. Parents should also be prepared for questions about hell and afterlife. Common Sense Media let me down this time, my son was not nearly ready for this. (On the other hand, the shorts Pluto's Christmas Tree, Goofy Skiing, Donald Duck Corn Chips---all excellent and he laughed and laughed.)
Parent of a 4 year old Written bysaritabonita January 4, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written by8Dcoolbeans8D October 18, 2009

kids

i own the movie and have been watching it since i was little. some parts may be a little frightening for younger children though.