All member reviews for District 9

Teen, 15 years old Written byHopefullyThisHelps April 9, 2010

WARNING: THE REVIEW DOES NOT EXPRESS VERY WELL HOW GROSS AND SICK THIS MOVIE CAN BE

I'm a pretty mature 15-year-old and I thought it'd be ok for me to watch this movie before. I finally convinced my parents to let me see this "R" movie. Before I watched the movie, I did check this review and thought the movie would be ok. I was thinking that the language was nothing I didn't hear all the time in school and that violence was nothing. They also said there was just little sexual discussion... Unfortunately, however, this is all wrong. First of all, I do hear cuss words all day long at school, but it is just dispicable how many times they use the f word in the movie... The editor must have put the f word in every possible space he could in the script because it is used to describe everything... And after a while, THE EXTREMELY CONSTANT F WORDS BECOME VERY ANNOYING. Secondly, the violence wasnt just regular explosions and shooting... People literally exploded and parts of their skin would fly on the camera or on the ground. Also, THE PARTS SHOWING DEAD ALIENS BEING DISECTED WAS NOT ONLY GRAPHIC BUT ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING! It even shows a scientist stretching out the bleeding, oozing skin while it rips apart. And finally, the last point I will touch upon is the sexual references... IT IS NOT JUST DISCUSSION OF SEXUAL CONTENT... BUT ALSO NASTY DISCUSSION OF HUMANS' SEXUAL RELATIONS WITH ALIENS. And this appears several times in the story with lines such as "How'd you do it?" and "Did you have to wear a condom?". Ew, I mean that is EXTREMELY SICK AND TWISTED. So basically, this movie is not appropriate at all for teenagers, but for the older ones and adults... use caution. I personally would not recommend it for anyone due to the absolutely sick and graphic references. As a totally different note, it is a good, thought-provoking movie. I just do not think it is worth it....
Teen, 14 years old Written byMikaylaaMadisonn October 8, 2009

Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2009

District 9

Although very non child friendly, District 9 is an amazing film full of action, suspense, and great acting. Again not good for kids but will definetly get someones attention.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCubusmybro October 20, 2009

Brilliant Movie, at least a hundred F-Words, but nothing you don't hear at your average middle school every day.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylecritic September 9, 2009

Best. Movie. Ever.

Very violent. but other than that two words:FREAKIN AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMarilynMansonFan September 5, 2009

Absoultley amazing.

Given the extreme violence, I would usually rate this a 15+, but the direction, symbolism, and message are so absolutley amazing that I reccomend it regardless of age. However, those under 13 may not understand the implications of the context. It is an amazing sci-fi move representing the struggle of refugees throughout the world, and it is presented in such a way that it is truly eye-opening without being preachy. On top of that, it stands as a great action movie all its own, where the extreme battles are all the more meaningful as you develop an attachment to the main characters. That is what sets it apart from other summer blockbusters like GI Joe and Transformers. It all comes together and creates, what in this humble reviewer's opinion, amounts to no less than a masterpeice. GO SEE IT NOW
Teen, 15 years old Written byRosenrott June 4, 2010

A very violent, but good movie

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed this sci-fi film. From the physical and behavioral design of the aliens ("prawns"), to the development of the main character - I was completely drawn in. Before seeing this, you should know what you're getting in to. "Fook" is said so often that it's almost comical. There is some mention of sexual content (alien prostitution) that could be highly disturbing to some people. And, of course, the violence and gore. This movie doesn't leave much to the imagination. If you're the least bit queasy, you might want to avoid it. All of this aside, District 9 is a very powerful movie with a deep message that will be sure to leave an impression on you one way or another.
Kid, 10 years old September 16, 2009

Great, great sci-fi flick!

This is a good Peter Jackson movie, set in Johannasberg, South Africa, the story sets around Wikus, who is infected by an alien liquid. This film has awesome affects, some blood and gore, very little sexual thiings, if you're older kids have seen Jackson's Lord of the Rings and King Kong, they're in for a ride.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNapkap August 16, 2009

Amazing

This film was amazing. The action scenes were fantastic, but only second to the great story. I can't describe it in words. Go see this movie.
Kid, 12 years old June 4, 2011

The Best!

Epic, Action, This is a great movie! If kids under 15 are Mature they could watch this. Bit gorey but compared to something like Friday the 13th this is the Wiggles. Last Word: EPIC
Teen, 14 years old Written byWilliam C. February 1, 2011

District 9,in the District of good movies.

Neill Blomkamp (3D animator of TV's Stargate and Smallville) did very well with District 9. I loved it. My mum loved it. My step dad loved it. My sister loved it. So it must be good.... It kind of seemed like it was a parody of ALIEN movies,but this was quite a serious film.... it was funny and full of action. And Sharlto Copley was great,who was also in The A-Team (movie) ..... I would definitely recommend it,but it has some swearing so keep an eye on the swearing just incase your kids are young .... (7,8,9,10) William C.
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2011

Good story, but iffy for young teens

Amazing story, but frequent use of f-words, and some gore.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygummibear76 February 12, 2011

CONSPIRACY!

Hmmm... this is rated 15+ but crysis is rated adults only? I think i have uncovered a conspiracy here...
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieGuy23 June 10, 2011

District 9: An original masterpiece

District 9 is a fascinating adventure. It starts out documentary style, making you really believe that there are aliens in Johannesburg. When the movie switches gears to more normal storytelling I was dissapointed, but those feelings were soon lost when I was swept up in the story. Note to parents: The movie contains plenty of gory action scenes, dozens of uses of f--k, and some brief sexual discussion. Not for pre-teens and under. Most younger teens you might want to keep away from this, better for those 16 and older.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysupernatural lover February 22, 2011

whaaaaaaaaa its very adult I think its not for young tweens I mean the whole racism and prawn thing.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySturmgewehrz June 27, 2011

Assumptions

I watched this movie with my mom after she screened it, and I wondered, "Why the heck are you letting me watch this but you won't even screen Halo Reach for me?"
Teen, 14 years old Written byReuben M. Spry March 22, 2011

Teenagers Only

'District 9' is an exciting sci-fi movie, but has graphic violence and disturbing images.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIndependence February 1, 2011

Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 6, 2011

Mature teens only on this one.

I enjoyed this movie very much, but felt like the language was pretty extreme. Also, the violence is a bit over the top, really really gory stuff. For mature teens only.
Teen, 15 years old Written byXboxmaster356 February 3, 2011

ha ha ha.........................................

That's right kid take a poo in your pants because. Its freaky =(