All member reviews for Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood

Chick flick for mom; teens may not enjoy it.

Teen, 13 years old Written byndancer94 April 9, 2008

Very Good

The story of the ya'yas was very interesting, but there are some scenes that are pretty painful to watch. I would reccomend this for anyone 13 and up. It's such a good movie, but it's very emotional.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 25, 2012

divine secrets ya ya sisterhood

than any martini. Burstyn and Judd do a terrific job of melding their performances so that you can believe they are playing the same character. Families can talk about why it was so difficult for the characters to talk with each other about their feelings.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShelbyBubbles April 9, 2008

Depressing

This movie was amazing, but it was also very depressing. I cried all the way through. I felt very sorry for everyone involved in the story. The movie involves violence against children: definately the most upsetting part. All the women drink alcohol casually, and one is an alcoholic and abuses perscription drugs. There are a few mild sexual references but kids wouldn't get those anyway. I would definately say that most kids MY age would be upset by this movie, and maybe parents should wait until their kids are fifteen or sixteen to watch it with them. Sandra Bullock did an amazing job, by the way.