All teen and kid member reviews for Django Unchained

Teen, 15 years old Written byEnziguri12106 December 29, 2012

A Great Film that Condemns Slavery with a Healthy Dose of Campy, Unrealistic Violence

Tarantino shows us a take of slavery that leave no holds barred. However, the violence in this film is neither realistic, scary, nor insidious. It is a campy, over-the-top film of revenge and justice that's fine for teens. If you'd allow a child to see a classic country western film, Django is definitely fine. Sex is definitely not an issue in this film, as no love making takes place whatsoever. Without spoiling anything, Tarantino blends humor and campy, unrealistic violence to make the audience laugh at some unusual stuff. He lives up to his style in this film and lets the bad guys get it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMikeWard January 13, 2015

A great not so family film

Django Unchained is a masterpiece of a film and you'd notice I've given it an average age rating. The swearing isn't the issue really (with about 30 F-words but the n-word is used copiously.) This langue would usually -in my opinion- put the rating at 13, but the gore is quite intense (in one scene a man get ripped apart by dogs). There is a small amount of mild(ish) nudity but it's very brief.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydanconway_ May 27, 2013

The Best Western of the Year

This film has a lot of strong language and violence sometimes in the form of torture that children below 15 may find shocking and disturbing, however this helps to enforce the reality of slavery in the 1800's. Quentin Tarantino has made the perfect balance between a powerful message but still a balance of action and humor that people can enjoy. 10/10 :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats May 26, 2013

The "D" is Silent. Payback Won't Be.

Django Unchained is an all-around solid addition to Tarantino films. Tarantino's style is very unique if you've ever seen it and gives this film a very defined atmosphere and look. Jamie Foxx and Kerry Washington's performances are great but the stand-out is Leonardo DiCaprio who is so unlikable but pulls off this difficult role. The film's only problem is the pacing which makes the film go longer than it should, clocking in at 165 mins. A-.
Teen, 17 years old Written byThat90sguy May 16, 2013

Great film, Tarantino does it again!

Django Unchained is about a slave named Django where he is rescused from a man who hates slavery and is trained in how to be a bounty hunter so he can find his wife and become a free man. It has clever writing, all the characters are interesting,the action scenes are amazing bloody, but amazingly good, and for a 3 hour film, it held my attention the entire time. Also, this movie touches on a imfamous time period in America, slavery, which is shown in a graphic way, such as whipping of slaves, 'hotboxing', and killing them. It's not the easiest movie to watch, as these scenes and more are disturbing, not to mention the big bloodly shootout that occurs near the end of the film. Language is contraversial in this film, as n***** is used a lot in this movie, (so is f--- and s---) but for the time it was pretty accurate. Overall, this movie is fun, but dark and maybe hard to watch, but give it a shot because it's cool.
Teen, 17 years old Written byIvyLynn April 29, 2013

I work at a movie theater and am 17 years old. While some things in this movie, such as the score and much of the dialogue, are ridiculous, I can't help but to see the positive message this movie has: Love conquers all.

Django, fights and fights until he gets reunited with his wife. The man who helps Django is actually a good man.
Teen, 15 years old Written byromy97 April 22, 2013

violent!!

extremely violent!! I had to cover my eyes at the worst places. 2 of the scenes are very intense in particular (a man is killed by the dogs and 2 men are shown fighting for amusement of their owner). but i think it is quite educational - it deals with rasism and history.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2013

great movie

Django unchained is a great movie. It was fast paced and a movie where you thought how is it already over. The violence in this movie is over the top brutal. Not only our there shootings but the african americans are treated horribly some of them our hung by there arms to a tree and were whipped for amusement, also they are forced to fight each other to the death and bones are broken, and one guy is attacked and killed by dogs. The sex in this movie is also pretty bad you see to scenes with male full frontal nudity and female nudity that includes one breast, and behind. The language uses about 110 n words and a lot of f words. Great movie but not appropriate for kids
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovieguy97 January 22, 2013

Tarantino has done it again

Very good movie about slaves
Teen, 14 years old Written byhagrid21 December 31, 2012

Off the Chain!

Having seen every single Tarantino movie there is, I was (to say the least) pumped for this movie. Saw it on the 28th. It was epic! The story line is amazing, the violence abundant, everything you would expect from Quentin Tarantino. Yes, there are excessive uses of the n word, but it is a time period movie. Get over it. A brief glimpse of a breast in a non sexual manner, as well as a penis and testicles, which are obviously fake, in a non sexual manner. The tone of the movie is for the most part humorous, but there are a few scenes where the audience gasped. Great movie! A holiday must see!
Teen, 16 years old Written byTip yap July 17, 2013

Typical Tarantino

This is a Quentin Tarantino the violence is bloody... as usual but it's unrealistically bloody so it's not disturbing the Mandingo and dog and whipping scenes are disturbing and so is the way Django is forced to act so have parents guidance and your fine there's no sex and no graphic stuff
Teen, 14 years old Written byjoker87 July 3, 2013

Good

Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2013

Good

I'm 10 i saw this movie and django was a real hero and this is an nr motion picture all of you guys are jus pt over reacting on a cool western drama of the year with lots of style and action
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 12, 2013

Well done over the top Tarantino gore fest.

Every gunfight or shooting involves a graphic blood spurt from the wound, with cartoonish amounts of blood flying forth. One in particular takes place in a mansion, and every wall, window, door, person, and piece of furniture ends up covered in blood due to nearly everyone in the scene being shot and killed. Men are left squirming, bleeding and screaming in anguish on scores of occasions. There are countless scenes of these shootouts, each one a bit more vicious than the last, some of them even in slow motion. A man is attacked and torn asunder by crazed dogs that rip and tear viciously at his legs and arms. "Mandingo Fighter" slaves pound each other savagely on a bloodied hardwood floor before one snaps his opponent's forearm, gouges out his eyes and uses a proffered hammer to end his opponent's screeching misery (all of this is just barely off screen). Men have their flesh flayed with whips. Dozens of KKK members are "comically" obliterated by the flame and percussion of a detonated bomb.
Teen, 16 years old Written byBestPicture1996 January 28, 2013

Bloody, brilliant, and gutsy!

Tarantino fans were probably expecting this bold, gritty and utterly engaging masterpiece, but I've only seen "Basterds" prior to this. This movie blew away all my expectations, and it is so so SO insane, without ever being racist or blatantly offensive. It's a satire of sorts on the western genre, and the frequent blood is cartoon-ish. Obviously the language is extreme, but the name Tarantino should tip you off to that. 17+ should really have a ton of fun with "Django!"
Teen, 13 years old Written byrinXlen4ever January 4, 2013

Django Unchained NOT FOR KIDS

I am absolutely disgusted that anyone would say this film is OK for kids. Nothing, and I mean NOTHING by Quentin Tarantino is. This movie is brutally and disgustingly violent. More so than most movies I've seen. There is extremely offensive language that is completely overused, such as the N-word. There is also many scenes of nudity, though it's not sexual. One example is a scene where Django hangs upside down, his "male parts" fully showing, and another character grabs it, attempting to cut it off. Seriously, people, does this really sound like a movie for kids? I'm not even sure if I should have been allowed to see it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bythecoolkid1 January 4, 2013

A violent masterpiece!

This movie is extremely great, and is on par with kill bill and pulp fiction. Yeah some of the violence is too much,but you will come out of this movie with a smile.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 January 4, 2013

Tarantino brings slavery to a 21st century audience

I am 13 and I saw this movie. It was and still is the most violent movie I have ever seen, and there sure was a lot of it, but I thought that the violence was not that bad. I think that this movie was targeted at both adults and teenagers. Normally, a teenager would probably not want to see a movie about slavery, but Tarantino makes it so interesting that it is irresistible. The movie is almost perfect. People have said that the film is too violent, that it overuses the n-word, and some have said it is unrealistic, but all of that is okay. I think this is an amazing movie for anyone who can handle the violence.
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy March 24, 2015

Mostly for adults

Quentin Tarantino films in general usually should only be watched by adults, and this is no exception. Django is a very very violent film, and the violence is kinda dark humor. It has nudity as well, and tons of uses of f-ck and nigg-r. Its very racist, and very much meant for adults. I'll say the same thing here as I said for Sin City (which is another film Tarantino is associated with), if you skip some scenes with extreme violence, and the sexual scenes, this movie is good for 15 or 16+. But if you don't skip those scenes, or have a problem with harsh language and racism, this is a movie that is not for any kid.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBreakingBeauty4 February 16, 2015

Django Unchained

If you're a fan of Tarantino, you won't be disappointed by this one!