All member reviews for Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

Think Bad News Bears crossed with Happy Gilmore.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byHasalan December 28, 2010

There is some use of bad language and a few 'near the mark' jokes, and some mild violence - though this is slap-stick. The characters are great - by no means are they angels - but they give a message of team work and accepting people for who they are. It's a very funny film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHennex January 4, 2011

Good movie

Kid, 12 years old August 26, 2010

some strong language,2 or 3 uses of f--k
Parent Written byPlague December 18, 2009

"Your about as useful as a poopy flavored lollipop."

Hilarious movie! Ben Stiller is super funny in this movie, along with the entire cast. Great movie for everyone 12+. Or depending on your house rules, the whole family.
Adult Written byCynthia Fuchs April 9, 2008

Adult Written bykunowsky5 April 9, 2008

Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2010

as we all know the sport of dodge ball isnt considered violent. but these people take it to the next level. meantion of drug use with kids at the beginning. they kept the laungue to a minamule, and it has good messages and role models. the strippers didnt amuse me though.
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2010

who what's to see a fat ben stillar???

i love this move although i saw the pg-13 version. i am ten but i saw the pg-13 version when i was nine, i love that movie so much!!! you have it all a FAT BEN STILLER!!!!:):) you have to love that( i mean if you don't want to see that you are strange) we own it on dvd and my dad said it is mine since i loved it!! i recommened this movie for ANYONE who loves stupid movies!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

Don't waste the money

Is there a worse title thatn Dodgball A True Underdog Story? Totally for 14+
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2014

Funniest sports movie

Sex- 3 (Mature Themes) Language- 3 (Moderate Coarse Language)
Adult Written byLowe's man April 25, 2014

What is the purpose of this game?

While some of the jokes are a problem, as is the way some women are dressed, the bigger issue here is with the premise of the movie. The problem isn't with the movie itself. We just need to think about the subject matter. When we watch how dodgeball is played, we should ask ourselves why schools used to allow this game to be played. It is so cruel. If you see the game as just a game, you and your teens will be fine with this movie. If you see dodgeball as a way to teach children about life, you and your whole family should avoid this movie. Also, it isn't right for people to address men as, "Ladies" if they aren't behaving. To instead say, "Children" in such a situation would be an acceptable "compromise".
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 September 27, 2013

Dodgeball A true Underdog story is a poorly written film with cringe worthy situations

The Positives are the fast pace (The movie goes by really fast), the length (It’s only a breezy ninety minutes) and Vince Vaughn’s subtle yet well acted lead performance. The Negatives are the Raunchy Humor (It’s not funny and to be honest, is cringe worthy), the Cinematography (Most of the camera angles show women in a gratuitous and negative way), the Dialogue (Most of it is poorly written and is head shaking at times), the storyline (It’s clichéd and is essentially a raunchy version of The Karate Kid), poor messages (Essentially the movie says that being Bisexual is fine and fat jokes are fine if it’s the main villain), one dimensional characters (I really didn’t care about them) and lack of character development (they change in no way shape or form). Overall I would not recommend this film. There is plenty of Raunchy humor throughout and the language is frequent.
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2013

Hilarious but Proceed with Caution!

!DodgeBall is a great movie that I first watched at 10 but didn't get barely any of the many sexual innuendos. I personally think it should be rated M but it is a hilarious movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 3, 2013

Want a little special something for the ride home? Then check this out!

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, And they're like It's better than yours, D**n right it's better than yours, I can teach you, But I have to charge I know you want it, The thing that makes me, What the guys go crazy for. They lose their minds, The way I wind, I think its time My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, And they're like It's better than yours, I can teach you, But I have to charge! Ya happy? Fatty makin' funny?!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykobe2487393847 June 15, 2013

really good, but a little inappropiate

Dodgeball was a great movie, their is talk about one of the characters if she a lesbian, but she is bysexual, a guy use a pump to make his penis look big, there's language, and they have budweiser as a conderism and theres some drinking but not getting drunk.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiceking700 October 13, 2012

dodgeball

there are lots of familiar brand names floating around through the entire movie. semi explicit sexual references. Examples of what alcohol can influence you to do. No drugs. But it shows determination and perserverence and its just plain old silly.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 April 29, 2012

Hillarious comedy fine for older kids

I'd say anyone over nine could see this movie. The crude jokes aren't the only source of humor, and a kid would actually really enjoy this.
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2012

*smacks forehead*

This raunchy, lowbrow comedy is full of silliness. A man slugs a girl with a dodgeball. LOTS of sexy stuff.
Parent Written byILOVEPIZZA12345 January 19, 2012

A STORY ABOUT MORONS

ITS A GREAT MOVIE
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover27 October 22, 2011

HILARIOUS

Hilarious movie!! Everyone should watch it! Soooo funny!