All member reviews for Dodgeball: A True Underdog Story

Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

Don't waste the money

Is there a worse title thatn Dodgball A True Underdog Story? Totally for 14+
Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2010

as we all know the sport of dodge ball isnt considered violent. but these people take it to the next level. meantion of drug use with kids at the beginning. they kept the laungue to a minamule, and it has good messages and role models. the strippers didnt amuse me though.
Kid, 10 years old August 18, 2010

who what's to see a fat ben stillar???

i love this move although i saw the pg-13 version. i am ten but i saw the pg-13 version when i was nine, i love that movie so much!!! you have it all a FAT BEN STILLER!!!!:):) you have to love that( i mean if you don't want to see that you are strange) we own it on dvd and my dad said it is mine since i loved it!! i recommened this movie for ANYONE who loves stupid movies!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byamokitkat01 June 14, 2015

Not the best

this movie is inappropriate and should not be seen by little kids. I suggest parental supervision watching the movie. I didn't think it was very good to be honest. I hope I helped!
Kid, 11 years old November 4, 2014

Funniest sports movie

Sex- 3 (Mature Themes) Language- 3 (Moderate Coarse Language)
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 September 27, 2013

Dodgeball A true Underdog story is a poorly written film with cringe worthy situations

The Positives are the fast pace (The movie goes by really fast), the length (It’s only a breezy ninety minutes) and Vince Vaughn’s subtle yet well acted lead performance. The Negatives are the Raunchy Humor (It’s not funny and to be honest, is cringe worthy), the Cinematography (Most of the camera angles show women in a gratuitous and negative way), the Dialogue (Most of it is poorly written and is head shaking at times), the storyline (It’s clichéd and is essentially a raunchy version of The Karate Kid), poor messages (Essentially the movie says that being Bisexual is fine and fat jokes are fine if it’s the main villain), one dimensional characters (I really didn’t care about them) and lack of character development (they change in no way shape or form). Overall I would not recommend this film. There is plenty of Raunchy humor throughout and the language is frequent.
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2013

Hilarious but Proceed with Caution!

!DodgeBall is a great movie that I first watched at 10 but didn't get barely any of the many sexual innuendos. I personally think it should be rated M but it is a hilarious movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 3, 2013

Want a little special something for the ride home? Then check this out!

My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, And they're like It's better than yours, D**n right it's better than yours, I can teach you, But I have to charge I know you want it, The thing that makes me, What the guys go crazy for. They lose their minds, The way I wind, I think its time My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard, And they're like It's better than yours, I can teach you, But I have to charge! Ya happy? Fatty makin' funny?!
Teen, 14 years old Written bykobe2487393847 June 15, 2013

really good, but a little inappropiate

Dodgeball was a great movie, their is talk about one of the characters if she a lesbian, but she is bysexual, a guy use a pump to make his penis look big, there's language, and they have budweiser as a conderism and theres some drinking but not getting drunk.
Teen, 14 years old Written byiceking700 October 13, 2012

dodgeball

there are lots of familiar brand names floating around through the entire movie. semi explicit sexual references. Examples of what alcohol can influence you to do. No drugs. But it shows determination and perserverence and its just plain old silly.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 April 29, 2012

Hillarious comedy fine for older kids

I'd say anyone over nine could see this movie. The crude jokes aren't the only source of humor, and a kid would actually really enjoy this.
Kid, 11 years old March 3, 2012

*smacks forehead*

This raunchy, lowbrow comedy is full of silliness. A man slugs a girl with a dodgeball. LOTS of sexy stuff.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover27 October 22, 2011

HILARIOUS

Hilarious movie!! Everyone should watch it! Soooo funny!
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 October 12, 2011

Casually Funny

No intense language, but stand-out sexual content. Casually funny, but nothing to the point of rolling on the ground.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKennyMcCormick October 3, 2011

Hilarious!

Hilarious movie! not to be taken seriously!
Teen, 13 years old Written byscaredpancake August 19, 2011

Dodgeball is Hillarious!

This is the most funny movie I've ever seen. It actually is the first movie I've seen where I agree with the PG-13 on the back. A couple of parts have some "sexual content" but the rest of it is mostly comical violence, like something in Tom and Jerry. This movie is worth buying.
Teen, 14 years old Written byTootoo123 June 26, 2011

Chill Out and Let Your Kids Live A Little

This movie is hilarious, and as little as many parents want to admit it, your kids are going to stop being innocent at sometime. And if your mission as an overprotective parents succeeds, then congratulations. You are the proud parent of an antisocial child whose best friend is their mother, and their mother is too blissfully unaware to realize that their kid is never going to have get friends. It's time to hang back and let your kids get a little dirty! They're going to find out about some of the "not-so-luxurious" themes in this movie at some point in their lives. If they don't find out about it earlier on (because their parent prevents it from happening) then as soon as they are out of your hands they are going to do every bad thing they can! You may not like it, but it's true. I saw this movie when I was 9. I loved it, and it was hilarious to me then and it's hilarious to me now. Let your kids see this movie and you (the parent) should enjoy it too!
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2010

Gotta love Dodgeball!

An incredibly funny film, although bad language and some mildish violence involve. The language is quite moderate, with some s**ts and stuff, and also two f**ks, one in the end credits. The violence is quite amusing, with the famous quote, 'If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball!', in which the team get spanners thrown at them. A man walks out into the middle of the road, and gets hit by a car, although there's no serious injury. When the dodgeball match is on, a man throws a dodgeball at a little girls face, making her cry, and in a video, a so called ''nerdy'' boy gets smacked round the head with a dodgeball. It's a good film, a good story and a nice, happy ending. Worth the money.