Violent action flick paints a grim, bloody future.

Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Adult Written byhondaMX king April 9, 2008

Amazing action for sick minded people

I was pumped and ready to see this movie, i have to say not as good as i wanted it to be, but still incredible. Not great for the little ones, because there is nudity, but brief, and intense gore/violence, and in one scene there is cannibalism where the punk rocker party cooks and eats one of the soldiers. the acting was ok, but not great, i enjoyed the music choice. The movie was great, but i would only recommend it to a handful of people.

This movie wasn't to great

This movie was bloody and had uncalled for nudity. They could have done better with the plot, but they didn't
Teen, 16 years old Written byyummyyummy81694 August 25, 2009

I actually really liked it alot

I liked this movie a lot. The sets were all really cool, and this is not your everyday zombie movie. Its actually insanely different from all the other ones. I also like Malcom McDowel as the evil Lord of the Rings king guy. Content wise it's not that bad. I'd say 14+
Adult Written bycallofduty5 October 13, 2010

NOT FOR YOUNGER TEENS, older may like it

This movie packs unrealistic but very gory violence, characters are good and the intro was excellent but this aint a zombie film more like "its the end of the world" movie. But still a good choice for older teens little kids might not like the cannibalism scene or other nasty picks of the movie. but still its rather funny than disturbing
Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Doomsday

Greaty movie for action lovers. Awesome, bloody violence and strong main characters that will do anything to survive this doomed world mankind has created.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIronZombie75 November 18, 2009

It really depends on the parents. Mostly good for 13 and up.

Absolutley AMAZING!!! I loved it! Warning: Contains constant extremely bloody violence and gore! More of an action movie.... A very gory action movie! Also has brief nudity, but not too explicit. Also has some language, but you don't really notice that much, with all of the gore splattered goodness! XD Great movie!
Adult Written bytbone37 April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written bynpkollman April 9, 2008

not for little kids

this movie had lots of cussing and graphic violence. violence that made my girlfriend cringe and shut her eyes. several other people in the theatre did also

I lost six brain cells watching this!

I must be blind, because walking into this movie, I definitely could not see the flashing signs that all said "CRAP!!!" This movie was truly awful; all I was expecting was a Resident Evil rip-off, but I got an even more sub-par film! The storyline was decent, but it was not expanded on enough so that it made the flick anything other than a flaming pile of bloody dog poop. Parents, the nudity is infrequent, but one scene shows strippers pole dancing, and only butts are shown, and another non-sexual scene shows a woman naked in a bathtub (breasts are briefly flashed.) But the violence is the worst part of this movie; it is just completely over-done. The beginning two or three scenes show hands getting crunched, heads getting blown off, and a rabbit exploding into a billion gory, bloody pieces. And it doesn't get any better any time soon; heads are chopped, arrows decapitate, cars go boom, axes grind, and so on and so forth. In summation, THIS MOVIE IS NOT NOT NOT OK FOR KIDS! Some teens will probably be disgusted too! Besides, parents, this movie isn't even worth the price of admission...just stare at a Rhona Mitra poster for an hour and a half, I'll guarantee it will be enough for you!
Adult Written bytim44 April 9, 2008

Neil Marshall's doomsday okay for mature teens

this movie was an enjoyable one. Neil Marshall directed the descent which i loved so i had to go see this movie that he directed. i gave this 4 stars, i thought it was a well made movie. some parts didn't make any sense, but overall it was fun to whatch. the violence and gore was throughout the movie, some scense were very intense in the gore. spoiler- the diseased burn a man alive and then eat him. the sexual content was that bad we only see a women's bare breast for 2 seconds. then there are some pole dancers that show close ups of thier butts. the language was pretty bad - around 44 f words. overall the movie was an enjoyable film.
Adult Written byAdhesivebond007 April 9, 2008

Unnecessary Violence and Gore

There was way too much gore/explosions/gunfire than necessary. The gratuitous killing and pyrotechnics are unnecessary. The entire plot had less depth than the average horror movie but it promised much more. Big let down in the "theme/message about the future, etc." section