All member reviews for Dr. Dolittle (1998)

This gimmicky animal tale is crude but funny.

Parent of a 5 year old Written byHGlomer79 February 4, 2011

Additional language used in movie but not mentioned.

Another word that is used frequently but not mentioned in the language section of the review is "A$$". The word "D@mn" was also used.
Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2010

some language that i don't think is very good for the age csm says. 2 uses if the s-word they are both muttered(with headphones on full you can hear the second one) the most frequent word is a*s some other milder stuff. some younger kids may get upset because theres a tiger that wants to kill himself. the operation at the end is mildly intense you can see a bit of the open head. a man is punched in the face and is hit in the nose with a door. a funny movie but not for people over 9.
Parent of a 8 and 9 year old Written byLonghornmom August 4, 2009

better for kids over 10 with the language

The language in this movie is not appropriate for 8+, as indicated. We watched this movie and were very surprised by the language. The Sh word at least once, I believe "Hel." and "Da.." a couple of times and Ass was said multiple times, so it was hard to justify that it would just go over their heads. I did not realize this movie was PG-13 since the review recommended 8+. I don't know why movies that would otherwise be good family movies have to have inappropriate language. It was not the worst ever, but just not appropriate and necessary so I agree with a rating closer to at least 10 or 11 and up!
Teen, 14 years old Written byschuymarch1 March 21, 2009

Wonderful movie

This movie is one of my favorite animal movies.I don't see why the stuff mentioned in this review is called adult themes. It's not adult themes, it's human themes.
Teen, 17 years old Written byXemnasSuperior March 10, 2011
Kid, 9 years old May 30, 2011

best Dr Dolittle movie

Teen, 13 years old Written byrap eminem March 14, 2011

Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byamyhotel June 28, 2011

Bad language Alert

Common Sense Media and Reviewer Ed Grant completely ignored the bad language in this film as a flag and frequent use of a** was not in the review. It is irresponsible to add curse words to a family film, totally unnecessary!
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 27, 2012

Very crude.

It's an okay movie for adults but not at all apropriate for children.
Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2012

Ugh

Ugh, why did they make this? Just stupid
Adult Written byKarrie21 September 5, 2012

Disappointing

This movie had the chance to be funny and family friendly. Instead all of the crude humor gets in the way of any positive message that might have gotten through. The butt jokes are endless.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 13, 2012

dr dolittle 1998

an actor. Families can talk about the adult themes depicted in this movie, such as insanity, death and greed. Families can also talk about what they think it would be like to be able to talk to animals. Do you think that would be fun?
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byLupak January 3, 2013

PG-13?!?!

I expected way more out of this movie. Few laugs but otherwise, terrible movie. Should be PG for extremely infrequent comic innuendo, and brief mild language
Parent Written bymiame July 9, 2012

Language was a bit more than I remembered

I love this movie, but totally forgot about the language. I believe that just about every curse word except the F bomb is uttered by someone. My little guy watched and loved it but we had to talk about how some words are inappropriate.
Parent of a 16 year old Written bychloeman June 22, 2011

aaa

Desinger iPhone 4 cases LV Swarovski Crystal iPhone 4 cases Louis Vuitton iPhone 4 cases Gucci iPhone 4 Cases Burberry iPhone 4 cases Coach iPhone 4 cases Rhinestone iPhone 4 cases Swarovski Crystal iPhone 4 cases Chanel iPhone 4 cases LV iPhone 4 cases LV iPhone 4 Pouches Cartier iPhone 4 Cases Hermes iPhone 4 Cases Rhinestone iPhone 4 cases