007's silver screen debut with action and bikinis.

Teen, 13 years old Written byAragorn King of... September 8, 2009

Great action, maybe a bit too intense for young viewers.

This is a great old action flick. It is a bit boring at the start but the last few scenes on Dr. No's island are great. 7year old kids might be a bit scared but great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 July 18, 2011

Surprisingly not a very good Bond film; extremely cheesy. Since violence is quite minimal and mild, and sexual content only goes up to the point of innuendo and kissing (what surprise for Bond!), this would probably still keep its PG rating today.

My rating: PG for mild action violence, infrequent drinking/smoking, mild language and some sensuality.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypg13rnc17 April 4, 2011

gppd movie

its good
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 18, 2012

Not my favorite

This is a very slow Bond movie that isn't as exciting as the others
Teen, 13 years old Written bymichaelc April 29, 2010

perfect for most.

Good exciting, action film. No issues.
Kid, 9 years old October 29, 2012

DR. NO

Great first 007 movie
Adult Written byAndy RC April 7, 2012

Kids love bond

the first film I saw on TV. People appear to be stuck up about bond, the classics are fine family entertainment and a staple of Christmas time TV.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byDad1000 May 28, 2016

PG

This bond film is quite tame. I think if released today with pg13 ratings it would still be pg.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRed reviews March 12, 2016

Boring.

My rating:PG for some violence,innuendo,sensuality,brief language and some smoking Violence:2/5 Sex:2/5 Profanity:2/5 Consumerism:1/5 Drugs:2/5
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2015

Kick-off Bond flick puts a good taste in viewers mouth

This film is pretty good. It has shooting, bikinis, martinis, and all the stuff you would expect in a James Bond flick. It isn't as heavy on the violence like the modern ones. It may be too slow, and boring for some audiences. Casual D*** or two. There is also drugging, and Bond is a little sexist.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy Brew July 16, 2015

Tame way to start the 007 series

My rating:PG violence,adult content,smoking
Kid, 11 years old October 20, 2014

Really good don't know why it's rated 12+

People are shot, one central character dies, another girl is shot with a little bit of blood.
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2012

bond mishap

very very very bad film
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn November 15, 2011

First bond flick is dated, but still quiet entertaining.for most.

The very first James Bond movie ever is Dr. No, which debuted back in 1962. The funny thing about this movie is that, even though the title isn't much to talk about, who knew that it would span over twenty spy flicks over the years and huge amount of success and money for the creator, stars, directors and anyone else associated with these movies. But, since it was made in 1962, the fact that this movie is dated goes with out saying. Bond womanizing and card board cut out female characters appear extremely out of place in today's society. Also, this movie is Rated PG, but would be much closer to a PG-13 by today's standards: With frequent partial nudity and sensuality, not to mention some intense action with plenty of people being killed with out a shred or remorse, what so ever. Still, it makes for a great first out in what was to be one of the most successful movie franchises ever.
Adult Written byjmo97 May 23, 2016

Not too violent, but the film is pretty suggestive.

This is one of those films that, although it is somewhat dated, still can be enjoyed if just for its historical value in cinema. Dr. No introduced many audiences to James Bond, played by Sean Connery with finesse, for the first time. The dialogues are actually for the most part fairly well done, and the plot is interesting enough to warrant one's attention. Due to its suggestive nature though, I wouldn't recommend it to kids or preteens. For violence, there is a little bit of blood (through gun shots and fisticuffs); a suicide; maybe the worst it gets is when a man is burned alive. For sexual content, almost all of the women Bond meets he ends up sleeping with (he is seen kissing them and trying to get comfortable with them); there is some suggestive clothing (bikinis); and there is a scene where a man and a woman are told to strip of their clothes to be examined for radiation. Here, there's a blink-and-you'll-miss image of the woman's bare nipple. While Dr. No is an interesting and entertaining film, I wouldn't recommend it for kids and teens under 14. Those teens that do watch the films in the franchise can discuss with their parents if Bond ever goes over the edge or overboard with his seductive, playboy ways. 6.8/10
Kid, 10 years old May 10, 2016

An excellent blockbuster!

This movie is really great, being a James bond movies with everything a great movie needs. A few sexy bits and the use of the word "damn" more than twice, it's fine for older tweens.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAge critical reviews February 16, 2016

Pretty tame way to start the 007 series. Will most likely bore kids.

My rating:PG for violence,thematic elements,language,sensuality/nudity and smoking
Teen, 14 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan November 28, 2015

"Dr. No" movie review

"Dr. No" was released in 1962 and it still holds up. The story as well as the effects are still to this day great. Sean Connery is a terrific Bond. I truly think that he brings a sense of charism, humanity, and vulnerability. The stunts in the film were good. The story sticks to a simple yet interesting and worthwhile plot. My only real complaint with this film is that Honey Ryder seems a little emotionless as a character. Other than that, the screenplay is excellent, the characters are great, and the set pieces are gorgeous. I do prefer the newer "007" films such as "Casino Royale" but this film is still very good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJonah_Parsons October 30, 2015

Dont judge it

Yes its old and yes it is kind of bad (nowadays) but I love it and I think kids will love it too . as a kid I loved it and I don't care if the effects aren't great.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byedklat June 7, 2015