All member reviews for Dr. Seuss' Horton Hears a Who!

Kid, 12 years old November 8, 2009

A GREAT MOVIE THAT WILL MAKE LITTLE KIDS LAUGH OUT LOUD!!!!!

This movie is a very funny movie to watch with your family. Young children are garetied to like it. Even some adults will get atleast one laugh out of it. SOME MILD PERIL MAY BE SCARY FOR VERY YOUNG VIEWERS NOT FOR KIDS UNDER THE AGE OF 4.
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2011

Not My Favourite

Well, It isn't my favourite movie. But maybe for a small child(5,6,7).

A pretty good movie

The only bad parts are when they try to boil the speck. They gab Horton with sticks and try to put him in a cage. It is a pretty good movie, but not a very good first movie for your child.
Kid, 5 years old May 13, 2012

We may finish watching this in a couple of years...

I watched half of this with my five year old and I thought the whole idea of the Whos' world being destroyed was a little dark and heavy for a preschooler (although I know it all ends happily). I also didn't see the point of featuring a dental office with horrible screams of pain, big needles etc. I also thought it odd that when the movie's villian, a scary, bone-knawing vulture, asked the mother kangaroo for her child in payment for going after Horton, she said she was considering it. I understand that way they slip dark humor geared towards adults into this type of movie to keep parents interested, but it has to be very subtly and carefully done. A preschooler that catches this comment won't get any humor out of it--only a dose of confusing darkness.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2011

A great family movie.

I liked it. SUPER FUNNY. It teaches lessons of looking at people in the inside, not outside.
Teen, 15 years old Written byholly525 March 11, 2011

AWESOME!

LOVE IT!! I asked for it for Christmas before I had even seen it and I was not disappointed. It kept me laughing from start to finish, and has great messages. I love that Horton won't deny what he knows is true even if his life is at stake.
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. February 27, 2011

Check my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2011

1 bad thing.

There is one bad thing... the evil vulture. Really a good movie. Iffy for 0+.
Kid, 8 years old December 30, 2010

I like this movie alot I just watched it in the car, I hope that everyone reading this review sees it I Like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled October 10, 2010

Good movie, but one teensy thing I notiiced....

The mayor had dozens (forget actual number. Think it's 99.) of daughters and 1 son (Jo-jo.) As seen when the mayor is introduced you will see all his daughters waiting in line to talk to him for a few seconds each. Jojo on the other hand, gets all his father's attention. Even though he's the soon to-be mayor and he saves the day in the end, I sort of thought that the mayor was a) Choosing favorites or b) Is simply being sexist (they can be girl mayors.) Also, the villain is a lady too.
Kid, 12 years old May 5, 2014

This is hilarious! Jim Carrey was funny in this.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2014

FINE MOVIE

I KNOW YOU GUYS THINK IS A LITTLE KIDS MOVIE BUT WHEN I SEE IT WHEN I WAS 6 I FOUND THIS FINE AND A LITTLE SCARY
Kid, 7 years old January 31, 2013

It's ok

DggfdvhseggrfdfswWVygvygvtxxrs
Kid, 7 years old January 29, 2013

Awesome

Family can be so mean that's how the mother kangaroo is like and brothers can be mean to but there's no one like that in this movie
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2013

Horton Hears a HAHA

I LOVED the movie cause my family like the part where he was dancing weirdly and my brother likes it too that he started laughin. XD
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus June 9, 2012

Really good!

Surprisingly really good! Laugh-out-loud funny and great for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 May 6, 2012

horrible adaption of childrens book is sometimes scary

this extremely bland book adaption does send out some possitive messages. there are a few near death scenes and some scary moments.
Kid, 8 years old March 4, 2012

Fine for kindergardeners,but not PreK s

Well I have the dvd and my family has seen it many times and we always end up laughing hard. Here is what I think Violentnes and scaryness: Well at mid time the mauor of whoville has to get a Root Canal And gets the novicane shot in his arm. The bird is scary but funny. Bad Language: The Kangeroo tells the mouse Martin to shut up! Thanks for reading(:
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 5, 2012

Hilarious for all ages

This is maybe one of the most tame animated features out there. The remotely bad thing I can think of Is one of the characters calling the main character a boob.
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2012

Great but scary for little kids

I first saw this movie when I was 8 and I still love it! Younger kids may find it a bit scary- the eagle Vlad and the monkeys are creepy- and so is Vlad's cave- nd the Whos are nearly killed, but nothing more than that. Lots of positive messages and kids will love it.