All member reviews for Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Heartwarming TV special true to Seuss' classic.

Adult Written bysuzylowry December 22, 2009

I love the Grinch and still won't miss it even at age 47!
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 July 11, 2009

Great, charming, and classic movie for all ages!

This movie is really good and I still enjoy watching it! It teaches kids great lessons and isn't spoiled by crude language or anything bad or questionable. Great family movie and classic for anyone and everyone!
Parent Written bymyab October 14, 2010

Great Message in a Short Film

This is a not to miss movie in our house every Christmas. The Grinch goes from looking and acting like the "eel" the famous song describes him as, to a happier, more gentle Grinch when he realizes that the Who's joy isn't monetary, it's spiritual. What a lovely sentiment! Plus, poor Max's dash down the mountain as a "reindeer" still makes us laugh. FYI, he isn't run over by the sleigh, but more slides under it when the sleigh overtakes him downhill.
Adult Written bynduns February 24, 2010

Okay, what is up with the overall scores?

At first, I thought maybe people who didn't grow up during the 50's-90's just didn't realize what made this such a great classic, but no, this is something I have noticed with the site in general now. Something is seriously wrong with their overall scores because I see nothing but positive reviews for this widely appreciated classic and yet kid reviews has an average score of 1 star... how?
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2009

way better than the other one

i like this one alot better than the real people one! this one is cute and clever
Kid, 9 years old December 5, 2013

SUCH A GREAT MOVIE!

This movie is such a GREAT movie. I watch this movie every year. But if your kid is not 4 or over 4 than he or she might think this movie is scary.
Teen, 15 years old Written by96grlpowrCE May 13, 2011

Love it!

I really like this movie a lot and Christmas isn't the same if I don't see it every year with my family. (: The music is cute, the story is interesting, and all in all it's just a very good movie.
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byCeltic1962 April 21, 2011

Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac January 25, 2010
Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

Adult Written byjes April 9, 2008

I love this show and have been watching since I was a little girl with my parents and younger brother now me and my little girl watch it every year and will continue to I just love it and so does she.
Adult Written byMidnighthaze94 July 31, 2015

Wonderful children's classic, good for all ages

I think children age 2 or even slightly younger could enjoy this holiday classic, as long as a parent or trusted adult watches with them, and can answer any questions/concerns the child may have. In my opinion, this is the best choice for a child's first viewing of a Christmas movie, being completely innocent, short and sweet. I have watched this with my boyfriend's siblings, ages 9 and 5, and the 5 year old loves it. I asked him why he thinks the grinch hates Christmas, and he says, "Because he doesn't like the cold." :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T January 9, 2015

What's there to worry about?

Ultimately, there is nothing inappropriate at all. How The Grinch Stole Christmas is a fun and heartwarming movie to watch with the entire family. Also helps kids recall the true meaning of Christmas--"Maybe Christmas, perhaps, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." There's also a few new lines. And Little Cindy-Lou was so cute!
Adult Written bysophier84733 December 21, 2014

Great for kids

It teaches the true meaning of christmas, and shows a good moral. I love this movie.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2014

Pointless

This show is not even Sad! How can you say it is? Also this movie is too pointless. But not as pointless as the Jim Carrey version. Remakes aren't always bad.
Adult Written byLowe's man August 2, 2014

One of the best and so finely narrated.

Whose heart won't be warmed up when they see how The Grinch changed his ways and developed a big heart? All he needed was love. And that he received from the Whos. The Whos were amazingly forgiving as well, as they let The Grinch carve the roast beast. (He did a fine job at carving, I might add.) He was really a changed creature when he got the acceptance he seemed to so desperately need. This cartoon shows the true meaning of Christmas as well- it's not about presents, but it comes right from the heart. It's about being together. This broadcast is made even better by the fine narration of Boris Karloff. Some (but not all) children under 4 will find parts of this special frightening, but by the time they're 4 they won't be frightened anymore.
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2013

You're an awesome one, Mr. Grinch...

When I was like 4 or 5 I was really scared of our green friend but quickly learned to love him! Really cute, no violence or anything like that, great family movie! There is one scene that still kind of scares me; the part when the Grinch is behind the Whos' bed and smiles. His teeth are all yellow and crooked. Other than that, it's great! One of my family's favorites!
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

An essential for a Christmas movie night.

This is one of my favorite shorts if I exclude the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts. If you watch it on Christmas before a movie like Ice Age: The Meltdown, you would have a successful movie night on Christmas.
Parent Written bytreat02 December 24, 2012

A very good movie!

I think this is a great story, and it's about someone (just more of in a fun-kiddish way) who finds they can be good and nice just like someone else. The Grinch learns all about how being good can make you feel good. The only thing I can think of to be "scary" or "worrying" to kids is that the Grinch will come and take THEIR things (very small children, of course). Still, even if that does happen (very unlikely) the Grinch is good, and gives everything back and he won't do it again. This is why I like this movie, and it can do a lot for everyone!
Parent of a 9, 12, 15, and 18 year old Written bycheval85 December 18, 2012

Great!

I love this movie! It is great and shows the real spirit of Christmas. Christmas isn't about ribbons, it's not about tags, it's not about packages, boxes or bags! What if Christmas doesn't come from the store, maybe Christmas means a little bit more.