All member reviews for Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Heartwarming TV special true to Seuss' classic.

Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac January 25, 2010
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 29, 2012

Wonderful Christmas Special.

I love this Christmas Classic! It is funny and colorful.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bymamamolly January 19, 2012

Too scary for my two year olds.

I have great memories of this show and rented it for my boys (2.75 years old twins). They watch a half hour of TV per day (usually blues clues, mickey, or thomas), so I thought they could handle this. While they do like the book, the movie/show was just too much for them, (well for one of them), who was a bit scared of the grinch. He kept asking "why the grinch mean?" I don't think he was scarred for life or anything, but I wouldn't recommend it for two year olds as a result. Edited to add: A year later, at age 3.5 they really like it and it was no longer scary-- it helps that they've read the book a few times and know that the grinch will eventually be nice-- it made the mean grinch period easier to bear.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 10, 2011

Great Christmas special for families!

I've seen this on TV and it's a really good Christmas special. The Grinch is shown being mean and cruel at the beginning, but he learns at the end, that Christmas means more than getting stuff, but about love and kindness. Great for families who celebrate Christmas! Violence: Some VERY mild peril, but nothing too bad for little kids.
Adult Written byTemplar314 December 23, 2009

I wish I had more hands so I could give a greater number of thumbs up

Never gets old.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCamoFanatic123 August 12, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T January 9, 2015

What's there to worry about?

Ultimately, there is nothing inappropriate at all. How The Grinch Stole Christmas is a fun and heartwarming movie to watch with the entire family. Also helps kids recall the true meaning of Christmas--"Maybe Christmas, perhaps, doesn't come from a store. Maybe Christmas, perhaps, means a little bit more." There's also a few new lines. And Little Cindy-Lou was so cute!
Adult Written byLowe's man August 2, 2014

One of the best and so finely narrated.

Whose heart won't be warmed up when they see how The Grinch changed his ways and developed a big heart? All he needed was love. And that he received from the Whos. The Whos were amazingly forgiving as well, as they let The Grinch carve the roast beast. (He did a fine job at carving, I might add.) He was really a changed creature when he got the acceptance he seemed to so desperately need. This cartoon shows the true meaning of Christmas as well- it's not about presents, but it comes right from the heart. It's about being together. This broadcast is made even better by the fine narration of Boris Karloff. Some (but not all) children under 4 will find parts of this special frightening, but by the time they're 4 they won't be frightened anymore.
Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

An essential for a Christmas movie night.

This is one of my favorite shorts if I exclude the Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies shorts. If you watch it on Christmas before a movie like Ice Age: The Meltdown, you would have a successful movie night on Christmas.
Parent of a 9, 12, 15, and 18+ year old Written bycheval85 December 18, 2012

Great!

I love this movie! It is great and shows the real spirit of Christmas. Christmas isn't about ribbons, it's not about tags, it's not about packages, boxes or bags! What if Christmas doesn't come from the store, maybe Christmas means a little bit more.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypoe-ette December 31, 2011

Really, truly the BEST!

Everyone in my family watches this movie every year on Christmas eve! Who doesn't like this movie?
Teen, 14 years old Written byht3696 December 3, 2010