All member reviews for Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas

Heartwarming TV special true to Seuss' classic.

Adult Written bysuzylowry December 22, 2009
I love the Grinch and still won't miss it even at age 47!
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 July 11, 2009

Great, charming, and classic movie for all ages!

This movie is really good and I still enjoy watching it! It teaches kids great lessons and isn't spoiled by crude language or anything bad or questionable. Great family movie and classic for anyone and everyone!
Parent Written bymyab October 14, 2010

Great Message in a Short Film

This is a not to miss movie in our house every Christmas. The Grinch goes from looking and acting like the "eel" the famous song describes him as, to a happier, more gentle Grinch when he realizes that the Who's joy isn't monetary, it's spiritual. What a lovely sentiment! Plus, poor Max's dash down the mountain as a "reindeer" still makes us laugh. FYI, he isn't run over by the sleigh, but more slides under it when the sleigh overtakes him downhill.
Adult Written bynduns February 24, 2010

Okay, what is up with the overall scores?

At first, I thought maybe people who didn't grow up during the 50's-90's just didn't realize what made this such a great classic, but no, this is something I have noticed with the site in general now. Something is seriously wrong with their overall scores because I see nothing but positive reviews for this widely appreciated classic and yet kid reviews has an average score of 1 star... how?
Teen, 15 years old Written by96grlpowrCE May 13, 2011

Love it!

I really like this movie a lot and Christmas isn't the same if I don't see it every year with my family. (: The music is cute, the story is interesting, and all in all it's just a very good movie.
Kid, 9 years old December 5, 2013

SUCH A GREAT MOVIE!

This movie is such a GREAT movie. I watch this movie every year. But if your kid is not 4 or over 4 than he or she might think this movie is scary.
Kid, 12 years old December 4, 2011

Good Thinking With A 12 Year Old

It shows children the real meaning of Christmas and shows kids how and how not to act in public and at the end he shows how much he cares for Christmas. Second he learns how much Christmas means to the children and have a change of heart and I LOVE THE GRINCH STOLE CHRISTMAS.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydressagehorse November 28, 2011

Perfect Xmas movie, great for kids!

AMAZING MOVIE! A must-see for all ages every Christmas! The best!
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byCeltic1962 April 21, 2011
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac January 25, 2010
Kid, 11 years old December 10, 2009

way better than the other one

i like this one alot better than the real people one! this one is cute and clever
Adult Written byjes April 9, 2008
I love this show and have been watching since I was a little girl with my parents and younger brother now me and my little girl watch it every year and will continue to I just love it and so does she.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2014

Pointless

This show is not even Sad! How can you say it is? Also this movie is too pointless. But not as pointless as the Jim Carrey version. Remakes aren't always bad.
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2013

You're an awesome one, Mr. Grinch...

When I was like 4 or 5 I was really scared of our green friend but quickly learned to love him! Really cute, no violence or anything like that, great family movie! There is one scene that still kind of scares me; the part when the Grinch is behind the Whos' bed and smiles. His teeth are all yellow and crooked. Other than that, it's great! One of my family's favorites!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJoseph Rock February 29, 2012

Wonderful Christmas Special.

I love this Christmas Classic! It is funny and colorful.
Parent of a 2 and 2 year old Written bymamamolly January 19, 2012

Too scary for my two year olds.

I have great memories of this show and rented it for my boys (2.75 years old twins). They watch a half hour of TV per day (usually blues clues, mickey, or thomas), so I thought they could handle this. While they do like the book, the movie/show was just too much for them, (well for one of them), who was a bit scared of the grinch. He kept asking "why the grinch mean?" I don't think he was scarred for life or anything, but I wouldn't recommend it for two year olds as a result. Edited to add: A year later, at age 3.5 they really like it and it was no longer scary-- it helps that they've read the book a few times and know that the grinch will eventually be nice-- it made the mean grinch period easier to bear.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 10, 2011

Great Christmas special for families!

I've seen this on TV and it's a really good Christmas special. The Grinch is shown being mean and cruel at the beginning, but he learns at the end, that Christmas means more than getting stuff, but about love and kindness. Great for families who celebrate Christmas! Violence: Some VERY mild peril, but nothing too bad for little kids.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bykyogert May 3, 2010

Classic - even for little ones.

This is a favorite in our house. The book, the soundtrack, and the movie are regulars, even though our daughter only watches 1 or 2 shows a week (on weekend mornings). She requests the music from the movie throughout the week, too. She seems to slide right over the taking presents thing and the dog falling, and waits for the end when the Grinch gets "happy," and everyone sings.
Adult Written byTemplar314 December 23, 2009

I wish I had more hands so I could give a greater number of thumbs up

Never gets old.