All member reviews for Dr. Seuss: The Lorax

Outstanding 1970s Dr. Seuss parable about protecting nature.

Parent of a 5 year old Written byBetyD March 2, 2012

Great Dr. Seuss film for the little ones and adults!

Amazing movie!! I love the positive message it sends to kids and adults that we should be held responsible for our actions and we can always strive to make the world a better place. It is a very beautiful movie and engaging! I highly recommend this film and it's even better if you read the book beforehand!
Teen, 14 years old Written bygilly_boy March 19, 2012

Makes people notice.

I like this mainly because of the book. To me, this is showing that people with greed distroy something beautiful. I think what was happening in the movie is now coming to life. For example, the people in Brazil are destroying the rain forest for farming and wood. The rain forest isn't made for farming. There isn't enough nutrients in the soil for that which makes people cut more trees. In the movie, the villian is cutting trees for their soft leaves but when there is no more. He has a problem; he just learned too late. Hopefully, kids today won't become money grubbers and try to protect the last wild places like where Dr. Seuss created before it was turned into a dirty city.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygotairsoft February 17, 2012

love!

the lorax is my fave doctor suess story! and this movie is really good! i have seen the trailer for the new one looks like they added alot in.
Parent Written byroshanb March 20, 2016

The worst one ever!

I HATE THIS NOT GOOD SHOW!!!!!!!!!! PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THIS SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written byAngelaM 4 June 8, 2015

I feel we all should take the lesson

Dr. Seuss stories are now in 3rd generation. My gosh it's still so popular. Thank you admin so much for uploading such a wonderful movie. The Lorax movie is really good for people of any age today. We all need to be conscious about our ecology, our climate and our loving Earth. Thank You Once again for posting it in such a wonderful website.
Parent Written byMrs. Alger's Class April 16, 2013

Fantastic Movie!

You should really go see a new movie called The Lorax! It is hilarious! For example, at one point, a fat bear eats all the food in the house. The songs in the movie are also funny. In one song, the fish move the main character’s bed! Not only is the movie funny, it also has an important message. We learn at the end, that we need to protect trees and the whole environment. This was the best movie EVER! You have to go see it!
Parent Written byMrs. A's Class April 16, 2013

Amazing Movie!

I think you should see an amazing movie called The Lorax. It is hysterical! The actors did an excellent job of making you laugh. The songs are also funny, and they are fun to sing along with. The movie has great animation and a lot of action. The characters are good role models. The character of Ted really cares about the environment. In fact, the whole movie has an important message. It helps us understand that we need to help take care of the environment. They did a fantastic job of putting this movie together!
Parent Written bylolboy55 December 10, 2012

go ahead its okay

okay for anyone it learns about how trees help us and to respect nature
Kid, 11 years old June 17, 2012

Great movie for little ones. c:

As a small child, this was always one of my favorite Seuss adaptions. I recall renting it from my local movie store sevral times, and I still watch it on ocassion. Not only does this special have infectiously catchy songs, but also a great moral. Hidden underneath all the 1970's physidelic-ness, you'll find a great invromental message. The only iffy thing I can think of is that the Onceler is constantly holding a cigar. Other than that, a great movie. (:
Parent Written bySally Fields April 6, 2012

Lovely film

Despite having no female protagonists, it is a good message and a truly creative vision that young people will enjoy.
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2012

Um my thinking

I think this Movie teaches everybody a lesson of Respect....And even though it's made for kids An adult would love this movie...It's funny,cute,Positive, educational, And just outstanding! Love it..
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2012

The Lorax is a superb film

I think its really stupid that alot of people are saying that it was giving the message that if you cut a tree youre a murderer.... thats so not true. its message is to respect our environment! My Review: Violence 1/5: There is a chase that might be intense for younger viewers. Also, the bad guys sings briefly about wanting a tree to shrivel up and die. Sex 1/5:A ten year old has a innocent crush on a teen girl. Language 2/5: Common sense didnt mention this, but im pretty sure i heard one use of d**m Consumerism: WHO FREAKING CARES ABOUT CONSUMERISM ANYWAY???? Drugs Alchohol: none
Parent Written byssssUUUUUIVVVCFSESWE March 3, 2012

review of the Lorax

this movie is a must for kids!!!