More scares than gore, but still too much for young kids.

Kid, 12 years old March 18, 2014

More violent than scary.

WARNING: SPOILERS!!! I saw this movie when I was 11 and it wasn't that scary. A little to bloody and violent, cried in the scene when the cat was murdered. Okay for 13+
Kid, 11 years old February 20, 2014
I have to say, this movie was very gross at times and made me sick. However, there is some comedy, and it does not have too much horror.For kids who can handle gross factors and some horror, this movie is not too bad.
Kid, 12 years old December 31, 2012

Be prepared to jump... ALOT

If you combine horror, suspense and some humour, you will end up with Drag Me To Hell, although the cover does look a tad disturbing, you have to watch it, its amazing. The plot is original and very creepy. The movie is mainly all about suspense and keeping you on the edge of your seat, but do be warned, there is some gore. However, they add so much CGI and blood that it doesn't even look that real. But all in all, if your looking for a film that will make you jump or you love horror this is a must. Its also good for beginners as its not over the top scary. Recommended to ages 12 and over! Im 12 by the way
Teen, 13 years old Written bysimleyface August 29, 2012

Not as bad as the parents reviews make it out to be. No 13 year could ever find this scary

i think that this movie is not as bad as lots of the reviews make it out to be. all of the violence/gore is purely comic and is done for laughs. this film will not disturb anyone over the age of 12 because the horror is extremely unrealistic and cheesy. i think that if you want to show a child their first horror film,this film to show because the effects are so fake that it is comical- which i think is the point of the film. this film is very tame compared lots of the other horror films about, such as the saw films, final destination ect.and also i think that if parent stop child from seeing horror film( such as this one which is not very violent) then they will seek out some of the more gory and disturbing horror films. also then if children/teens are scared of this film then they known that they wont like other horror films as this films gore is pathetic. overall this is a very good, clever and has a brilliant ending. most teen and tween will enjoy it. also i dont see how a 13 year old can find this frightening.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybelieberr February 24, 2012

I'm pretty sure this was a comedy movie....
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn January 17, 2012

Silly horror movie chokes on it's own formula

Sam Raimi's Drag me to Hell was supposed to be his big comeback to the horror genre. A genre that, at the time, he had not revisited for about twelve years, since he had been so occupied with directing the morbidly successful Spider-Man franchise. Now, when Drag me to Hell came out in theaters in the summer of 2009, everybody thought it would be a big horror comeback, and a return to a genre that a director had so vigorously and effectively left his mark on with films like the Evil Dead Trilogy. But, to ever ones dissapointment, including mine, it turned out to be nothing more than a very, very goofy horror movie with a few effective jumps, and some Goosebumps style villains, peppered off with some rather grisly but fake horror imagery. So, with that being said, the PG-13 rating is actually more deserved than you would think, so that there is pretty well know reason what so ever here, to seek out an R Rating for the movie: There is very frequent and very grisly, but still, all the while, very cartoonish, comical and fake horror violence, which very rarely, actually manages to leave any real sort of impact on the viewer. Also, there is some infrequent and mild profanity, with the word hell being used obviously in the title, so one can expect more mild obscenities to go along with that, as well. So, if you still haven't seen this movie yet, I urge you to go and re-watch Raimi's Evil Dead films again. it will leave a higher impact on you than this movie did.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiluvtheexorcist33 November 23, 2011

it was okayy kinda spookyy :\

mehh
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 October 30, 2011

Really good for Halloween, but even though it is 50% comedy, there is a good amount of gore.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for quasi-comic horror violence/terror including gore, and for language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymadelineshadowrose October 21, 2011

A scary movie with a message:)

this movie has a great message it explans the effects of greed the main carecter chose the assistant maneger job over helping the gypsie women and that is one of the biggest mistakes she makes. After she is cursed by the gypsy she spend time trying to make amends. This movie is not so much violent, as it is scary.
Teen, 13 years old Written by092898 October 15, 2011

okay movie, a little scary

Not that great of a movie in my opinion, but worth watching if you're into horror. More gross/creepy than scary. This was the first horror movie that I watched, when I was 11 years old. (I actually watched it with my family). A little bit of language, but not too bad. I didn't have nightmares, but a kid more sensitive that I was might have. As for the plot line, it's just okay. A few scenes that will make you jump and scare you for a second, but the only thing that might make you lose sleep is the gypsy woman's close-up face.
Kid, 12 years old May 12, 2011

Fine for tweens and teens

there is Quite a bit of Language, Theres no Sex, And Some Violence I think this is Fine for tweens and teens.
Teen, 17 years old Written byAmericanplaya217 April 28, 2011

Good for 14+

This movie should be for 14+ I watched it in the theaters and it was a bad movie
Teen, 13 years old Written bycuteypie556 April 10, 2011

its awesome!!

is so good and frightning!!! :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 April 7, 2011

Great movie for younger teens!!!

LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! NOT to inappropriate! A little violence and some scary stuff but good!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFacebooker April 2, 2011

good for older teens

It had a good plot and the ending sucked. It was scary for those who get scared from "undead" things.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 13, 2011

awesome

this movie is scary
Teen, 13 years old Written byYeah. March 3, 2011

Check my page for other great recommendations.

I'm not here to give a review because if it shows up on my page its a 5 star movie and so therefore you know what i think about it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiranda B. February 16, 2011

A pretty good movie with original storyline, but kind of crappy effects.

Do I start with the good or the bad on this one? Hmm... Good first I think. The story line is strong and original. Lohman is a talented actress, as well as Jason Long. Most of the scenes that were meant to be scary were okay... Now the bad. Alright, so a lot of the effects like the goat-demon-thingy and the old lady's ghost sticking her fist in Lohman's mouth to shut her up weren't the best, honestly they were (like the review says) cartoonish at times and crappy. Lohman's constant screaming gets annoying really quickly. And last but not least: I actually cried when she did the whole "cat sacrifice" to get rid of the goat-demon-thingy! Then when it didn't work and I realized she killed her cute little kitty for nothing... I bawled! It's still a pretty good movie though.
Kid, 0 years old January 29, 2011

. Perfect for older kids, but not for tweens

kinda scary for a PG-13 and the word B*** threw it off it should be rated R
Teen, 15 years old Written byArabianHorses January 21, 2011

Not scary, just funny!

Its not scary at ALL! Its funny!!! The gore is so over the top it doesn't even look real! And a GREAT horror movie ending!!!! Plus the main charcter does try to do the right thing! So she is a good role model!