All member reviews for Drag Me to Hell

More scares than gore, but still too much for young kids.

Teen, 14 years old Written byloverrr February 4, 2010

Stupid, Makes you jump, then you laugh

Not a greaat movie, I should have waited for it to come on DVD but instead I wasted 10 dollars to see it in the movies. It was pretty stupid but gets you jumping at certain spots, and then you laugh at why you jumped.....
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2010
Funny, Scary Movie for 13+
Parent of a 15 year old Written bySgtPrinny January 1, 2010

Great, although may offend some.

First let me say, this was a great movie. But a few things may offend some. The movie is scary btw. But there were scenes of animal sacrifice, which bothered me a bit. There is also some satanic dipictions in this film.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybradley4846 December 20, 2009
My thought thru this whole movie was "is this a comedy", it wasnt even scary. And the ending was so dissapointing and makes u wish u hadnt seen it. There was a lot of surprising violence or a PG-13 (although i did watch the unrated version). I do have to admit it was pretty creepy. The acting was good (especially Justin Long). Unless you really like Sam RAmni dont see it
Teen, 13 years old Written bym1 October 20, 2009
This was a surprisingly good movie. It was also low on gore, which makes this appropriate for most older kids.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byDareles October 1, 2009

11 is iffy

For the parents who don't like evil violence, it's a there are a lot of images resembling satan which frightens me. But I think that is what makes it scarier. BEWARE: Of "jumpy" scenes. WARNING: It could cause nightmares!!
Adult Written bybeph September 16, 2009
demonic and dark but pretty good. the twist ending was amazing and i was sucked into the movie from the beginning. if i had kids this would definitely be on the no list. not appropriate for kids under 16 too violent and sad.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygarden.gnome0003 August 28, 2009

This movie is so hilarious! I mean, yeah, it's a bit creepy. but in the long run, it's SO far fetched and random, no one could be scared by this movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written byspickolick August 20, 2009
I thought this movie was so funny. It wasn't just me either. The entire theater was cracking up by the crazy depictions on real-life events. I loved when she was about to kill the cat...
Teen, 13 years old Written byNapkap August 8, 2009
Pretty awesome movie. It's a lot like Sam Raimi's slapstick Evil Dead Trilogy. The plot revolves around a young woman who is cursed by a gypsy. She is haunted by a demon for the first three days, and on the third, it is going to take here to Hell for eternity. It's pretty scary and quite funny.
Kid, 12 years old July 22, 2009

Drag Me To Hell

im not gonna say i loved it but i will say that it was a jumpy , frightening, and most of all weird movie. But big warning this movie is not for the feint of heart!
Teen, 14 years old Written byHorrorAdvisor July 14, 2009
Adult Written bydaniel.nicholas... July 11, 2009

Just plain jumpy!

This movie isn't particularly scary, it just has loads of jumpy parts. The thing that makes it potent is because Sam is such a good director he can hold it off and make it really suspenseful. You know something is going to happen -- you know you're going to jump, but you don't know when! That makes it one of those movies where you have to know your kid. If they are easily scared, do NOT let them go! The movie was great, I thought it was hilarious as well as scary. My friends loved it too. Only reason I marked role models as bad is because Christine tries to give the curse to someone else rather than accepting responsibility for her mistakes.
Adult Written bymystic July 11, 2009

To Laugh or NOT to Laugh? COVER YOUR EARS!!!!!

I would've liked it alot better if I knew it was supposed to be funny. The previews ruined my experience. I was the only one laughing in the theater of 20 people and wasn't sure if it was appropriate or not. Also, cranking up the volume all the way everytime something scary happened only made me wait to cover my ears. Not always neccessary. I felt I wasted 20 bucks
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreenactress July 9, 2009

Not sure yet!

i really want to see this movie, and so does my BFF but i read about it and it sounded super gross! And i like horror movies, not gross ones, blood, violence, and whatever else is ok w/ me, but really discusting looking monsters and stuff make me want to gag! And i read that someone throws up a dead cat! Eww! Should i see this or not, i'm still not sure, i guess my girlfriends and i will have to rent this to find out! Wish me luck. Ha ha lol
Teen, 14 years old Written byerick112 July 5, 2009

the evil dead trilogy was amazing. the first two spidermans were great. a simple plan was also great. and darkman was the best comic book movie i have ever seen. NOW he comes back with a pg-13 horror movie that isnt a remake. he still has his touch to his horror movies.
Kid, 12 years old July 3, 2009

Not bad at all just a good overall movie!

I liked it a lot. There was a lot of pop out scary things but nothing to serious. There shouldn't be a problem with 12 and older watching this movie. They may be a little frightened tho.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoubleDee. July 2, 2009
Teen, 14 years old Written byeastside01 June 17, 2009

Drag Me to Hell.

Drag Me to hell is a great time at the movies it delivers scares and humor and sometimes mixed. It's nice to Sam Raimi return to his roots where he first started before Spider-Man such as The Evil Dead Trilogy. This may scare some younger viewers but other than that worth your money.
Adult Written bywonder dove June 16, 2009

A fun flick!

This movie was pretty good, but not great. It had its funny moments, but definitely was not scary. I would think anyone under 13 would be terrified, as some scenes go over board. I don't think anyone under 13 should see any kind of horror movie unless it's pathetically tame. This one is just a fun watch, and Alison is a terrific actress! Good watch if you like creepy/comedy type of horrors. 3.5 stars out of 5!