All member reviews for Dreamgirls

Teen, 14 years old Written bycself93 April 9, 2008

Great

Love this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byWay2Dramatic April 9, 2008

Good, just not the best musical

All you need to see is the oscar nominations to see that this is a good movie. All the actors are amazing singers. Kids will like this because the music is a lot of fun. However, towards the middle, it gets into the cliched "everyone's mad but lets hug and make up" part, but is quickly redeemed by Jennifer Hudson's powerful "I am Telling You I'm Not Going." It is fun and okay for 12+, just because of some language and drug use. However, there are musicals out there that are better by far, like "Chicago" and "Rent" for the older kids, or "Little Shop of Horrors" and "The Music Man" for younger ones.

Loves it!!!!!! Almost made me cry!!!

This movie is a must see!!! I depends how parents control their kids to see the movie. If they trust their kids and you know that they are reponsable enough to see it, let them!! Altough, their are some inapporiate parts in the movie, I give it 20 *s!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymaygen1441 April 9, 2008

Really Heart Touching

This was a amazing movie it had so many emotions, it made me laugh and cry. It was filled with so many talented people like Beyonce and Eddie Murphy. It was not the best musical but a very good film.

This movie was accually pretty good! My mamaw and aunt think it is baced on Diana Ross. It was a little hard to follow, but overall a good movie! It deserved it's award!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhorselover326 April 9, 2008

great musical

This was a great movie for everybody. It had great music but also good acting. The outfits and on stage preformances were really fun. But it wasn't all just fun songs and outfits. Some of the stuff was pretty deep, like when Jennifer Hudson's charecter was kicked out for not having the right look. She did a really good job. It's pretty appropriate. It could have been rated PG if they cut out a couple parts like the drug use. There's also mild sexual reference but it's not that bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydirecterdude123 April 9, 2008

Great movie!

This movie is a very good musical there is some language but not so much violance. Good for musical lovers i'd say ok for 10+

I laughed!

Great Movie!

Itz OK!

I saw dreamgirls when I was in 4th grade; I loved it; The language was really the biggest issue; but you hear that everyday, so it really isnt an issue; there is no rlly graphic stuff~ and the death of overdose teaches a lesson; ages 10 and up is more then fine