All member reviews for Dredd 3D

Extreme violence, drugs in intense comic book tale.

Teen, 14 years old Written byanandbasi October 15, 2012

surprisingly one of the goriest films...well...ever.

THIS FILM IS SUPERB!!! I'm not going to talk about it too much because I don't want to spoil anything. So unless you are not allowed to watch it or are a parent who doesn't want to let their kids watch it, then read on. If not, WATCH NOW!!!! Ok. The film does have some swearing in it and there are some very minor and infrequent sex references which are'nt really a big deal. BUT, this film is probably gorier then the saw films. I would say that someone who is about 14 and a half should watch this. It is about as gory as the Gears of War games but the gore looks a lot more red and there are a few gross close ups. So if anyone is 14 going on 15 then I think that should be fine.
Teen, 16 years old Written byslimshady24 September 26, 2012

Gross violence and not much else in disappointing reboot.

Dredd 3D has some extreme, and disgusting violence, infrequent strong language, and infrequent use of a made up drug that slows time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 September 23, 2012

Gruesome sci-fi film packs loads of action and thrills

Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover1234 July 22, 2015

DREDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MOVIE HAS WAY 2 MUCH VILONCE 4 THE LITTLE 1S
Kid, 12 years old July 24, 2013

Epic movie

I thought this movie is amazing the violence actually realistic and the drug scenes were pretty cool how they made it but it is very intense and bloody people are shot with bullets and seems like fire bullets and many people are killed language is some what strong but it has the amount of language in a regular actioner sex is not very graphic there is a non-graphic and very brief sex scene and the screen is very blurry but a must see
Teen, 13 years old Written bymovielover1234 July 22, 2015

DREDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS MOVIE HAS WAY 2 MUCH VILONCE 4 THE LITTLE 1S
Teen, 17 years old Written byDolphinTaleFan February 2, 2013

Great movie!

This movie is freaking violent!!! It is really good too. Dredd is a remake of the classic 1995 movie. This is a Great film with extreme violence!
Parent Written bySacko November 10, 2012

Sick movie

Dredd 3D is more of a film that audiences 16 or over should see, but its overall not better than the old one but it deserves your time
Teen, 15 years old Written bymattguy15 October 3, 2012

dredd 3d

honstley i didnt hear any bad language . and no sex like CSM was talking about. just some shotings bodies hit the ground from hight bulidings and a bullet goes throught a mans chek and face in slo mo.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 September 27, 2012

Dredd 3D(2012)

For sure not great but Dredd 3D manages to bring some really well made and cool fight scenes, cool charecters that you can route for, and some really interesting dialog (Most of the time) but it's not the best comic book movie of the year it's either Avengers, TDKR or The Amazing Spider-Man. But it's way better than Ghost Rider 2.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJeffrey9789 September 22, 2012

Dredd is the best action film ive seen in months.

I saw Dredd in 3-D and i got to say the 3-D in this movie is awesome. The story line is awesone is also the violence. This is the best action film since The dark knight rises. See this film in 3-D if your locial theater plays 3-D.
Adult Written bySam Marrick April 6, 2016

No need for a wester The Raid remake

Simple plot. Great pacing. Great atmosphere. Minimalist character development but has good shining subtle character moments and subtext here and there. May be too grim for some, but perfect for hardcore action junkies. Lots of bloody violence with some gore in a few scenes. While graphic the camera rarely lingers of the (plentiful) blood. While not quite as brutal as The Raid, violence is dramatically used effectively. A teen is hit by a car leaving a sizabble blood splat on the assailants windshield. After the car is wrecked we see the occupants with blood and cuts on thier faces. A couple dead bodies with some blood around them are seen in a shopping center. An auto sweeper smears a large pool of blood left by a fat corpse. A mand head is burned from the inside by an incindiary round, we see it glow, char and smoke. A hobo is crushed offscreen by a large metal gate. We see a blood pool start to form from under it. Bodies are briefly skinned in a flashback (we only see an already skinned leg). Some brief but fairly large blood splats in a gang war flashback. A character is said to have bitten a pimps member off (her face is shown bloody around the mouthskinned bodies are splatted form a great height and are very gory looking. They also make a load slam that leaves civilians horrified. We then see the bodies from a birds eye view. We later see one with a smashed head with brains splattered about after a cop removes a tarp. A room of security gaurds are shot up. We see some blood on a screen. A man is shot in the head unexpectedly. We see some blood spurt and form under his head. A head briefly explodes (Largely obscured by flames). Dredd is shot and we see some blood trickle out of his wound. Another man is shot form behind several times and we see blood splat trickle out of his wounds. A man has his head literally shredded apart and spalttered on a wall behind him by point blank smg fire (brief bit very graphic). A man is shot and a largeblood splat stains a wall. A head is seen shot form behind, with brains briefly exploding out. Several miscellaneous shooting with some blood spurts and wounds briefly shown. Several bodies are shown form a low angle with blood around them after a shootout in smoke. A survivor is shown gurgleing on his knees with a puddle of blood forming under him. He is shot with a brief blood spurt. A minigun barrage wastes many civilians. Only some blood is shown but this is very intense and scary. A group of thugs is roasted by a flame barage. Many on fire but nothing particularly graphic. A slow mo sequence shows bullets going trough 2 cheeks and 1 torso. One is particularly graphic as we see the cheek tear apart. A character is shot in the side with some blood and is thrown of a balcony in slow mo and we see a blood pool form over the screen under her face as we see a view of it hitting the pavement form under it. While we see some of her skin burst in split sceomd thefast expanding red obscures graphic splatter detail. A man in a phone booth is ostensibly wounded (blood stains on the glass) after a friendly shooting . A man has his arm gibbed into pieces of indescernable flesh (we see the partially cauterized stump and bloody staoned shirt) by an exploding gun and is kicked in the head. An imaginary rape is vaguely shown. We see the womans moaning face and a brief naked breast swinging around. We see a very blurry image of a fully naked woman being raped form behind from a distance in another imaginary as well as another where we see a woman remove her top from the back with no nudity and the man forces her head down near his groin. This is preceded by an image of a different woman spitting blood as if she bit his member off. An android is shown in a flashback with his eye sockets being burned. A man has his leg shot with brief blood spurt. The f bomb count is around 4 or 5 scenes of people using a fictional inhalant drug (Slo Mo), 2 of which are forced.
Teen, 13 years old Written byXtreme101 January 4, 2016

A fantastic modern cult action film

Dredd is undoubtedly an amazing movie. One I could watch over and over again, and let it blow my mind, then show it to other people and have it blow their mind. It is such a shame that it was a box office failure and that we won't be getting the Dredd 2 everyone wants when something like Resident Evil and Alvin and the Chipmunks keep getting sequels. While some might compare Dredd to The Raid, I prefer Dredd because although The Raid may have better action, Dredd has excellant production values, gorgeously filmed action, and a bad$#@ main character. Speaking of main character, that and the story are the area where some may have a problem with this movie. To put it simply, there is absolutely no substance. You don't care for Judge Dredd other then the fact that he is the good guy, and the movie even refrains from characterizing his partner. It is explicitly a style over substance movie. But what propels this up to 5 stars is the fact that this movie would suck if it humanized any of the characters and Dredd is already an awesome protagonist. Honestly, this is the perfect modern action movie that dosen't have any shaky cam, or fast editing. I would call it the perfect hangout movie to pop in when your friends are here and you'll all have an awesome time with all of what was mentioned above, the awesome slo-mo drug trip sequences, and a ruthless villain. As for inappropriate stuff, there is a LOT of blood, and the practical effects make it seem more realistic(examples include heads exploding/limbs lost). Also, there's a lot of bad language like the f-word, but it's not nearly as bad as some other action movies. For sex, there's one brief psychic dream sequence of a convict raping one of the Judges, but it's short, and it dosen't show all that much (I.E. breasts). As for role models, the two main judges stand for good, but do kill, while some other Judges are evil and kill innocents. Overall, if Dredd could be described in one word, it would be, "Awesome"
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 July 4, 2015

Excellent underrated action film.

Dredd 3D was phenomenal. Karl Urban nails his role an the titular character, so does Olivia Thirlby. Lena Headey did well an the villain. The action sequences were well choreographed, the visual effects were flawless and the "Slo-Mo" sequences were PERFECT. The 3D was utilized well for the whole film, but it really worked for the "Slo-Mo" sequences. Grade: A.
Educator and Parent Written bybubsandi September 8, 2014

I am the only one who noticed?

Apparently I am the only one who notice that there are breasts shown twice. Right before the brief suggested oral sex scene, you see the woman bend over from the front view fully naked, most is blurred but you can clearly make out full breasts and nipples. Directly after that during the oral sex scene she is on her back and one breast and nipple is shown. This is not for kids.
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 July 28, 2014

Extremely violent but entertaining

I came into "Dredd" knowing absolutely nothing of the comic history. My only knowledge of the character was fan's outrage about the Sly Stallone original, where he revealed his face. This version is very simple, veteran Judge Dredd takes rookie Anderson out for a day on the job, against slo-mo drug dealing bad guys. It's a simple premise, and it works effectively. To heighten this simple of a story, extremely bloody, gory violence is employed, along with a lot of profane language and gorgeous slow motion shots. Sci-fi fans like myself will enjoy "Dredd" for what it is, outsiders will find it and its content appalling. Keep this one away from kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 March 16, 2014

What a load of....

Once again Hollywood pointless remakes a classic that of course can't live up to it. This movies plot was weak, and the only thing that made this 2/5 is the beautiful art direction, but other than that prepare to be disappointed. Strong violence throughout and some that results in bloody/gory images that may disturb some. Two pointless sex scene that's are honestly less than a second, and one shows extremely blurry breasts. There is language but nothing horrible. If your kid is 12 and wants to watch this let'em, but honestly this movie is bad enough where I would say don't waste your time.
Kid, 11 years old August 27, 2013

Good

I saw it when I was 10 and I thought it was ok. But do not show to little kids
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2013

Dredd is a good action film

This movie isn't great but its worth watching for sure. it is very violent but only because of one highly detailed SLO MO scene.
Adult Written by485568 July 7, 2013

Fantastic movie, but not for kids

This is a fantastic movie, true to the source material, but because it is true to the source material it is completely not appropriate for anyone under the age of 16. I would think 17 is probably the age where kids will have seen level of violence. Note that when I say that it has a positive message I'm speaking about the fact that it has very clear understanding of right and wrong, good is stronger than evil, that kind of thing. Make no mistake though, this is an entirely dystopian future where society has broken down to some very base levels.