All member reviews for Drive

Crime drama is exciting, well-made, and shockingly violent.

Kid, 10 years old September 23, 2011

ok movie. kind of disapointing.

Too much language and violence, and disapointing endng. There were a lot of random scenes that didn't make any sense.I was good though. Pointless nudity.
Teen, 14 years old Written byantoineisthebest September 21, 2011

I love this movie

I do not understand why theres a bad review of this movie.........an instant classic the taxi driver I personnally love this movie and many other also does theres nudity and gory scene but come on its a rated r movie what do you except
Teen, 15 years old Written bynuditythehorror February 16, 2012

Oh the nudity, it turns our kids into satanists, yet we are completely fine with the violence *derp face*

Ok, I am fine with someones head getting crushed and stamped on repeatly by a foot and I am fine with all the scenes of people graphically getting killed, I mean they probally had families or lives of there own, but I'm far too cynical to care about the value of human life. What I am not ok with is the nudity in that scene scene, where he threatens and nearly kills that guy - I'm trying to enjoy this guys death and when boobs are staring at me I lose it. (this is how all the moronic parents on this website act) Enough sarcasam though, I am appuled and simply horrified that you f**king morons have the ordasity to rant and rave about the harmless non-sexualised nudity in this film, yet are completely fine with the graphic violence and human life being taken like that. Ask yourself what is more damaging to the mental well being of a child? Harmless nudity or someone's head getting blown off by a shotgun? And this is all coming from a 16 year old in Britian were this film is rated 18 and on the BBFC's report of the film, they don't even mention the nudity, but because you americans (on this site) have such a deformed view on sex and nudity, you go apesh*t over the slightest bit of skin - you guys really need to sort out your morals.
Adult Written byAnonymous82 September 18, 2011

Pointless Nudity

What is the point of the long topless scene? I do not understand why there is pointless nudity in so many movies today...
Teen, 14 years old Written byJookie April 27, 2012

Good movie.

Very violent. Very good.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman October 29, 2011

violent wierd movie

Extreme violence and pointless nudity and strong language. Warnings: Strong brutal bloody violence, Strong language throughout, and some nudity.
Kid, 10 years old October 11, 2011

okay movie

Over the top violence and pointless nudity in not very well done film.
Teen, 14 years old Written bykierden blessing March 1, 2015

drive

This is an excellent movie with somewhat extreme violence, expected r rated language, and non focused nudity. The movie leaves you tranced in some parts on the edge of your seat for others, and sometimes just plain shocked.
Adult Written bysarge123 February 5, 2015

Teen, 14 years old Written byitsrainingfrogs July 14, 2014

One of the best-filmed movies of all time, exciting and absorbing

Drive is a great film that I'm sure anyone would enjoy, but I recommend it most to film buffs who can appreciate the filmmaking techniques used in the film. The opening sequence and opening credits are some of the best filmed scenes of all time. The film follows a seemingly emotionless getaway driver who ends up over his head in the L.A. underworld when he helps out the family next door. Featuring an outstanding modern soundtrack and stunning camerawork and lighting, Drive is a hypnotic crime drama for mature teens, specifically cinephiles. Sex: Several topless women are seen backstage in a nightclub. Violence: Little violence, but very strong. A man is stabbed in the eye with a fork. A woman's head is blown off with a shotgun. Very bloody. A few mild shootings. A man's head is stomped off-screen. A man is drowned in the ocean. A few car chases. A badly beaten man is seen. A man cuts another man's wrist. A man threatens to hammer a bullet into another man's head. Two men stab each other. Language: Infrequent strong language. Substance Abuse: Infrequent smoking, drinking. Intensity: The first hour of the film is fairly calm, but the last forty minutes feature occasional brief but strong violence. An apartment shooting, a nightclub beating, an elevator stomping, and a parking lot stabbing are the most intense scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThePlatinumKnight April 2, 2014

Great Crime Drama!

Amazing and Stunning crime drama! A must see! Good plot and beautiful acting by Gosling. Strong and very disturbing violence through out, including stomping out brains, veins flayed open and eye stabbing, not for the feint of heart. along with a long camera view of girls breasts probably not all that good for most teens. Oh yes and not to mention the strong language too. However it was still an amazing movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJustin Rivera March 18, 2014

Landmark in Art-house Cinema

Winding Refn is a visual storyteller. This film is extremely carefully crafted to the point of flawlessness. Drive is a masterpiece, it's absolutely mesmerizing. Ryan Gosling is phenomenal, his performance is just amazing. This film is not only visually rich, it uses unique storytelling. Using symbolism and metaphor as a storytelling technique was perfect for this film. Drive is one of the greatest films of our time, it's unique, visually rich, carefully and flawlessly crafted, it has an enchanting soundtrack, it contains phenomenal acting, and and wonderful cinematography. This is one of my favorite films of all time. Although Drive is truly masterful, it's loaded with adult content such. This film is very very very graphically violent (not abundant with violence, but when it happens, it's very disturbing and shocking). There isn't a lot of sex, just one scene in which several women's breasts are visible. There is plenty of curse words, lot's of very coarse language throughout this entire film. Ryan Gosling's character can be describes as a "good role model." He does all in his power to protect a woman and her son from the criminals that are after him, doing everything in his power to become "a real hero" as the films theme song says. He want's to be a good person, trying to get himself out of the criminal underworld, trying to protect the woman he loves as well as her son. The main character is a good person. This film isn't for those seeking a popcorn flick, this is for those who like deeper meaning. Iffy for 15 and under.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMoviegirl100 January 9, 2014

scary and violent

There is no way that this film is suitable for kids. The only reason I watched it was becuase Ryan Gosling and Carey Mulligan star in it and I think they are very good actors. It's violent and scary for children. There was no nufity when I watched it, so maybe I saw a slightly different version. Mature teens might be able to handle it
Parent Written bytrishacooper December 27, 2013

Amazing movie with stunning cinematography

The movie explores the definition of a hero and how events can change a person. The main character, a driver with no name gets himself into trouble trying to keep a family together. He starts to see himself with a heroistic persona, but when his crime goes wrong this persona disappears. This film has gorgeous cinematography. The plot may seem slow but it is truly filled with symbolism and more facial acting rather than vocal. I recommended this to anyone who enjoys movies for good plots and character development. This is not a movie for someone with a faint heart or someone who is looking for a action packed film with mush for a plot
Teen, 16 years old Written bybretnummer248 October 29, 2013

Excellent, Violent Film

Drive is an excellently made art-house action film. After about 40 minutes the movie gets brutally violent, with a large amount of bloody images. There is also some language, and a scene in a strip club shows breasts.
Teen, 17 years old Written byeragondeyja October 23, 2013

A brutal film that oozes style throughout.

Ever come across any movie that leaves you awed and wincing at the same time. This is one of them. Beautifully directed film which is supplemented by great acting from all the lead actors, especially Ryan Gosling. His portrayal of the quiet, introvert "driver" is just great. This film however, amazing as it may be is not for kids or teens. There is a bit of bad language. It's not too frequent or pervasive though. There is one long scene of nudity in which a quite a few topless women are seen in thongs. This bit of nudity was absolutely not needed as it did not contribute even a bit to the film. The violence in this flick is very high and is the main cause for it's age inappropriateness. For the first one hour there is hardly any violence, the maximum being a bloody wounded man and a scene in which the same man is shot and killed. However the last 40 minutes depicts brutal and graphic violence and gore. The violence includes a man bludgeoning a mans fingers with a hammer and breaking them, a man stabs another with a curtain rod through his neck resulting in a lot of blood, a man stabs another in the eye with a fork and stabs him repeatedly in the neck with a knife etc. The scene which steals the show however is one in which a man blasts a woman's head with a shotgun. Her head is shown bursting open with graphic gore and brain matter. Overall this film is amazing but not at all for anyone below the age of 17.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 1, 2013

What incredible style, actually interesting filmaking

While this film has quite the profanity and a lot of bloody scenes, know that it is so stylishly done, so well acted that you genuinely feel for these characters. It's a testament to Refn that you can root for the bad guy, maybe because there are so many other villains, ruthless mobsters played to a T by Ron Perlman and Albert Brooks, and the down on his luck Shannon, played by the always reliable Bryan Cranston. The movie's in a league of its own, and the 80s electropop soundtrack is worth 5 stars alone!
Teen, 14 years old Written byMontesinos7 January 19, 2013

Really depends

The movie is not often violent but when its violent it is bloody and brutal. It didn't affect me personally because you are usually seeing the "Bad guys" getting killed, not something like a kid which would affect your kid greatly. If your kid is under 13 or really sensitive, stay away. I would recommend it for younger kids because it is an amazing movie, the movie focuses more on the characters then the violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDanielFromDownUnder November 11, 2012

A misunderstood masterpiece

Well, its not for kids. I can tell you that. Nonetheless, it is a fantastic exillerating film that never fails to impress. There is lots of Gore and blood, but its used to make a point. Emphasising the dark and brutal reality of the criminal underworld. Overall a great film, one of the best of 2011 and in my opinion, one of the best of all time
Kid, 10 years old November 7, 2012

Good

Its a good movie. When I saw it, there was a lot of violence and cuss words. But overall, its pretty good