All member reviews for Dumb and Dumber

Parent of a 9 year old Written byerich April 9, 2008

I was aghast

I should never have allowed my 8 year old to see this! It actually shows a hostile man sexually threatening Jim Carey in a bathroom stall (and exposing himself). Talk about not doing your homework before coming home with a movie! Very crass references to women, female body parts, and sex. Do not let any kid under 15 watch this!
Parent of a 11 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... May 16, 2011

Well i just love this movie its not really bad i would let my child watch it if i had a child sure there are a few parts kinda bad like in Lyod's dream sequnce when he sees Mary picks her up and checks to see if she has any panties on which she doesn't but hey its just a silly movie and the saying Jim carry sayssuck me sideways lol whatever that means but this is an awesome movie i remember a long time ago my mom older sister and i seen it i was 9 years old when it came out so i pretty much rememberd it i laugh at the dvd whenever im in the mood to go on and watch it this is the funniest movie ever i seen it so many times i could watch it again and again and never even get tired of it that basically shows just how great this movie is like i said if i had a chid yes i would let him or her watch the movie i wouldn't be like those super strict folks because my child has a right to watch the movie whether he or she is 5 or 7 any age my kid can totally watch it btw i love Dumb And Dumber and yes i do have the Dvd! great movie love it!
Kid, 11 years old September 1, 2011

A couple of laughs.

It was funny but kind of inappropiate. *Unrated version for 14 and up*
Parent of a 12 year old Written bysiskell October 20, 2010

Parent of a 12 year old Written bylittleone522 March 11, 2011

PG 14 or older

I think this movie is really funny for adults or older kids but I wouldn't let anyone under the age of 14 to view it. Some concerns I had with this movie for a child to watch included: a character talking to himself says "suck me sideways" other language that is not appropriate includes A**hole said twice, A** (meaning butt) said twice, Sh*t said three times, B*tch said twice, and P*ssy is used three times, other more milder language incluse the use of H*ll more then three times. There is also a reference to a womens breast being called "fun bags" A man also lifts up a women who is wearing a dress and reveals her naked rear end. A women also takes her shirt off and a cars headlights show in place of where her breasts should be. There is also talk of a french tickler. In one scene a man is trying to buy a adult magazine and Rhode Island Sl*t is clearly seen on the newspaper rack. This movie isnt very violent but there is one part where a man imagines ripping another mans heart out of his chest, he also imagines shoting someone and this is a comical fight scene. Men are seen drinking beer in this movie and there are a few noticeable product placement: one by USA Today on newstand and the other for Coors Light (seen when man is caring a Coors Light box full of stuff including a toy pinwheel.)
Parent of a 10 year old Written byWilliam Adrian ... September 5, 2009

HORRIBLE!!

This movie is horrid! I saw it without my kids and it has terrible role models . It teaches you to think being dumb is cool and funny . But it's not , you'll just look like a big weirdo . Language is EXTREMELY STRONG FOR PG- 13 They said the ' d ' word!!!! The ' d ' word should never be used ever . Don't watch this movie ever!!!
Parent of a 11 and 12 year old Written byCrazy4K9s December 28, 2008

Very Funny.....

This movie is very funny! I own the PG-13 version, and there is something you missed in sexual content. Lloyd starts dreaming when he is driving in the car. He goes into a room with Mary where they start to kiss passionately. They stop and step away from each other, and Mary slowly removes her dress. The camera goes back to Lloyd where he starts to take of his jacket (no nudity). It goes back to Mary where you see her face and shoulders only (her dress is off), and the camera slowly lowers down her body where headlights are blinking in place of breasts. Lloyd is staring at them.
Parent of a 2, 7, and 10 year old Written bySpongePeteRosepants April 1, 2013

My first NO from a very liberal parent. Tried with a 10 and 7 yr old.

Way more graphic than I remembered it when I tried watching it with my kids. It was about the 10th movie I had gone to to test the boundaries of what (I personally) think is OK for my kids and this was the first failure. Sexual innuendo (I personally) think is fine when it goes over their heads, but some stuff in this is so graphic that even is they don't understand it's stuff I don't want them to hear.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 15, 2010

HYSTERICAL!

I don't know if this movie would be as good without Carrey and Daniels in the starring roles, I guess the prequel answered that question, but I'm glad it did. Alot of the humor was tasteless, but that's what made it! It's a simple journey about 2 stupid but well-meaning guys who just want to open up a bait-shop!
Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

very funny 16 over

funny movie i saw the unrated one truth is if you see the unrated one you have to be 16 and over but very funny
Parent of a 6, 15, 15, and 17 year old Written by79awesome August 23, 2013

good movie

Funny stuff. Me and and my son watched the Unrated version funny. A womens breasts is called *fun bags* in one scene and mild language and PG-13 nudity a rear end is exposed (females) viloence comical. Jim Carry day dreams about his crush taking her top off but head lights are replaced instead of her breasts.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 23, 2012

dumb and dumber

only really fails when it abandons its stars in pursuit of a lame kidnapper/hitman subplot. If it loses gas altogether at the end, that should be expected of something propelled by so much gas early on. Families can talk about why the main characters' antics are funny on film but inappropriate in real life.
Adult Written byChuck Reid March 27, 2012

Lives up to it's name.

This movie was horrible.The characters are annoying as well as the music.It had some funny moments,but its wust just plain STUPID.
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2011

Funny but inapropriate

I thought it was funny. Though very innapropriate. I may be only 11 but I actually watch a ton of things most parents would say no too. So yeah, innapropriate. A butt is shown, breasts are almost exposed and sex talk. Violence: In one part there is a lot of fighting which include hitting and biting a man's "soft spot" and kung fu and then a man rips out another mans heart. But still pretty funny stuff
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2010

Um...

There is a few mushy scenes, it's very nasty, and there is some cussing and death. A lady takes off her dress, but on her chest are 2 flashing blinkers. But it's funny. And Jim Carrey.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bySternAndFair February 24, 2014

The guests on The Show are not truely funny

The farts and piss jokes get wearisome as I wonder, shall this movie end? The titled suggestion of stupid is true, they are both known as dumber. The stupider one, of Jeff Goldblume's character is the one now known as Mary. He is the one who gets the tongue caught in the ice and snow. The women, a very luxurious one is curiously looking at Jeff she takes him by the hand to lead the man astray. She cancels the wedding plans to be with her love. It ends, a poetry. Enjoy my friends. THE SPECIAL AFFECT IS AMAZING
Written byAnonymous December 8, 2012

This Movie is too iffy for 15 Year Olds On for 16+

Sex is R too me. ...and I shouldn't see this movie when I was 6 Years Old.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 22, 2011

Extremely crude and low-brow, but just how the fans like it

Undoubtedly one of Jim Carrey's most notorious, successful and popular comedies ever (only his third big success in movies) made its money and earned fans by being incredibly bizarre and low-brow in it's brand of humor, but that's okay because the fans of Carrey came and they laughed, just like I and everybody else who watches it now today, does. It's just a hilarious movie,period. But, it does get quiet crude and contains some sexual humor and brief nudity which makes it inappropriate for tween's, but make no mistake, this is a very funny movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviefan22 August 7, 2011

Funny at parts, but Dumb and Dumber is truly a dumb comedy

Dumb and Dumber is too much trying to be funny. The main characters are usually funny, but not in this film. Sorry, but this is a skip for me.
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

Some iffy behavior but its The Best!!!

I watched it and it was very funny! But very inappropriate. Language is "a**" "a**hole" "s--t" "bulls--t" "f--k" "shut up" "crap" and "d**n". Plenty of smoking and beer drinking. One character gets drunk, People shoot each other with guns. One guy rips a bird's head off but no blood. A couple shots of peoples butts. some kissing, bad jokes. This is not a little kids movie which is why it is iffy. Messages are bad but Its the best!!