Explosion-filled thriller that's best for older teens.

Teen, 13 years old Written bynekosan February 14, 2010
Good movie reminds me of IRobot quite a bit though. I don't understand how some people see i as confusing though...
Teen, 14 years old Written byOldBob13 April 16, 2010

Fun, exciting, and well-acted, but not for anyone under 13

There are a lot of action movies that try to entertain rather than tell a decent (or complex) story. Eagle Eye may finally break the barrier, and it's really fun on top of it. It tells the story of different individuals who are told to do unspeakable things by a mysterious phone-caller. Like I said, the story is fresh and entertaining, but some aspects are not so great. First of all, the characters are not potrayed well. While Shia LeBouf and Michelle Monaghan do a superb job with there roles, the characters are nonetheless very paper-thin. Not only that, but they send a bad impression to viewers. For instance, Rachel (Michelle Monaghan) seems like she is a good mother, but when her son goes off on a trip we see her true side: A carefree, laid-back and somewhat lazy individual who doesn't care about what other people think of her. She is a hard-drinker, has a wandering eye (although she is seperated), and is definetly not a good role model. Still, Eagle Eye is a top-notch actionier that will rouse many viewers. Content issues: There is a discussion about sexual contact, lots of explosions, and frequent coarse language. Best reserved for teens and up.
Kid, 10 years old July 8, 2010

a great action movie

a cool action movie. the language was infrequent one f-word and some s-words (one is hard to hear). i think the violent violence was infrequent but there is quit a bit of action violence. if you look carefully you can see a bit of blood on a man chest but glass mostly covers it up. its just the advrage PG-13 movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process January 22, 2011

Explosions and stuff.

Some of the scenes were awesome, but some parts were a little tricky to know what's going on, but it wasn't too bad. I liked the story and the characters, but so many ideas in this movie were stolen from other movies, so it's nothing new.
Kid, 12 years old August 4, 2014

Suspensful and explosive thriller is amazing but violent.

This movie is from the producer of "Transformers." It is definitely better than those films however you can expect the same number of explosions. You can expect relentless gunfire and chase sequences as well. The film is extremely suspenseful and will have you bolted to the edge of your seat. It is definitely not for the faint-hearted. This action film has a noticeable increase in profanity, than most PG-13 rated thrillers. Although there is no sexual content, this movie is extremely violent and suspenseful, and therefore is a better fit for tweens and teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 March 3, 2012

Hard to Follow/ For Mature Audiences

Although pg-13, Very intense and twisted, Not for young kids and recommended for adults. Could be viewed by early teens
Teen, 14 years old Written byshiafan13 November 9, 2011

best movie ever!

Amazing film - language is a bit of an issue but not anything 12 year olds wont know already - there is one injection in the movie which i find a bit cringey but otherwise its amazing :)
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bydoctormom50 September 6, 2010

Family Favorite!

My family loves this movie! It is really exciting and has a good story line. GREAT MOVIE. :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byMktheReviewer August 5, 2010

Plenty of action

I LOVE this movie. There's action, comedy ( just a bit :D ) and an actual story line!! I say violence, because characters are in constant peril
Kid, 9 years old February 15, 2010

Only one part

only one part in this movie is bad and that's when they discuss what a man does with his girlfriend.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2009

GREAT MOVIE!

i LOVED this movie! although there was some bad language, it's nothing a 10 year old hasn't heard before from either TV or his/her parents. I really didn't think it was scary, but some might.
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2010

really a good movie

this movie was real good actiony but the language isnt wanted or needed language is quite a bit for pg-13 but the movie is really good so i would recommend it
Kid, 10 years old March 9, 2010
Awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Adult Written bykra November 2, 2009

Fun, but more vulgar than expected

This movie was a fun ride, but totally ridiculous and more vulgar than I expected. I saw the movie a couple days ago, and although there were other elements present, it's the language that still stands out in my mind. Plus the completely ridiculous plot. But, all that said, it was ultimately entertaining. I'm glad I finally saw the movie, but I don't think I'll watch it again.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavispittman January 3, 2017

Great action film!

Eagle eye is an awesome action movie for families with kids 13 and up. It is PG-13 because of non graphic violence and some strong language. It is true that the profanity here is a little more than your typical PG-13 amount, so be aware of that. But if violence is something you're worried about, then you can pretty much relax because it's not graphic at all here. The cast is great and they deliver on acting, the plot is fascinating and the action is exciting. All around a great movie that definitely won't be boring or dull to kids.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2013

eagle eye review

things about eagle eye that are good are .I like it when a computer is controlling the world and how the world feel about it .I also like the acting when Shia libueof storyline goes out of hand and how he deals with . and i love the action sequences when the computer tries to kill everybody but there are some bad things about it to like when that cop gets banged on the head and is not knocked out and the last thing is that i thought when they fell when there trying to kill the robot and i thought they fell in liquid nitrogen bye from Calvino
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great April 22, 2013

!

Though the language is bad I think this is appropriate for a mature 9 year old or a 10 year old. The violence isn't that bad!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 13, 2011

Boooring. Strong language pushes PG-13 into R territory.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for sequences of intense action violence, and for pervasive language. [NOTE: The language, much above the intense violence, is what really makes this movie iffy as a PG-13. At a guesstimate, "s--t" is used at least forty times (no joke!), usually in anger or frustration; "a--hole" is used about ten times; "d--k" is used at least three times; "g-dd--n" is used at least eight times; "b--ch" is used at least five times; "b----rd" is used at least nine times; and we are hit by the F bomb at least twice.]
Teen, 14 years old Written byseven333 March 1, 2011

AWESOME MOVIE

It was an awesome movie with a great plot. Don't understand why crtics hated it so much. I lvoe it
Adult Written bywonder dove January 25, 2010

Makes my head spin

What a joy ride! This was extremely action packed all the way through. Although some think the story was totally unreal, I believe something like this could totally happen. I do believe that cell phones are tracked anyway, especially the top notch ones like the iphone and blackberry. This thriller was intense and sometimes hard to keep up with, but I think Shia LaBeouf's acting is superb. He's terrific & any of his fans will enjoy it. Not for the light-hearted...you might faint or feel nauseous.