All member reviews for Edge of Tomorrow

Appealing but violent sci-fi thriller explores time, fate.

Teen, 14 years old Written byThe age organizer February 7, 2015

Edge of tomorrow

13 and up
Kid, 12 years old January 19, 2015

Awesomnesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was the best movie I have seen in a long time! Tom Cruise and Emily Blunt were great. Tons of action and violence made it all the better! Watch it please!
Kid, 10 years old January 5, 2015

Tom Cruise in another... guess what? Sci-fi thriller. What change, Cruise!

Edge of Tomorrow is a movie that is at a somewhat higher level than your regular alien shoot-em-up thriller. Somehow Tom Cruise is actually good in his role as a reluctant officer who is drafted into the British army to fight the aliens who have invaded the Earth, in a failure of an attack that leads to him, along with 2000 other people, dying. Then, in a Groundhog Day sort of theme, he relives that battle over and over again, together with a character nicknamed “Full Metal B___h”. I was surprised that CSM said that this movie had positive female role models. If a positive female role model in Hollywood now means someone who spends 90% of her time on the screen waving big guns around and the other 10% flirting with the main protagonist, I’m boycotting Hollywood. Despite the bad language, partial nudity(a brief shot of a bare butt as a obese soldier straps on armor; don’t ask me why he was naked) , and constant violence, this movie gets 4/5 stars mostly of the acting and the special effects; the storyline was rather weak and had some holes. But overall, this is a fast-paced adventure movie that is fine for teens.
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2014

Great movie but a little bit familiar with a movie I have seen called Groundhog Day.

Violence: 3/5 Language: 3/5 The company said a 2/5 language but there was a lot of swearing that would make it a 3/5. It has good messages about never giving up.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHardCoreNate November 19, 2014

Great movie!

I just saw this recently but it was a great movie! Theres some swearing but no use of "f--k" only "Damn", "S--t", "Bitch".
Teen, 13 years old Written bymarley27596 November 14, 2014

mature 12 year old, or average 13 year old

Good movie. From a scale of 1 to 10, violence 7. Language 5. Other 4.
Educator and Parent Written byjohnswanson November 8, 2014

Great sci-fi movie may be a little violent for some.

This is one of the best sci-fi movies to come out in a long while. (Probably since District 9.) I would say that the only strike against it is that it is very violent. There is almost no blood, but the main character dies over and over again in a variety of different ways. There is some bad language, but not enough to really offend. One character's butt is shown, but there is no sexual content. I would say this is a great movie for all teens unless they are a bit sensitive to violence. This movie is a definite keeper.
Parent Written byhobbits November 7, 2014

Fun movie, common sense rating a little off

This was a fun movie and to my surprise Tom Cruise was really good in it; probably because he plays a self-centered jack-ass (a natural role for him). The pace, plot, and acting were all better than the usual action-movie mediocrity I’ve come to expect these days. Usually I find the Common Sense Ratings to be pretty accurate but felt the 2-rating for sex was low. One dialog has a character admitting he’s never been with two women but would “make it work.” Another has Cruise’s character suggesting sex as a way to achieve an objective in the plot. These dialogs may make for awkward viewing with younger teens.
Kid, 8 years old October 27, 2014

Way To violent

People die so much. And it's really scary. I don't think any kids should see it. And theres a lot of swearing.
Teen, 13 years old Written byOskinner October 25, 2014

Good

This movie is a great movie and It has some violence but the violence seems unreal. Not for younger kids for language and violence but a great movie for older kids.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRadelite October 24, 2014

Really good movie!!

One of the best action packed movies I have seen in a while, fully equipped with robots aliens and TIME TRAVEL. Got everything a good movie needs and is really good. Just parents this movie is not for kids, teens and above are fine though.
Teen, 17 years old Written byEastonTheBoss October 14, 2014

Decent movie

the movie was alright. In the end it was a sci-fi shoot em up movies which was pretty disappointing. I recommend watching it because it is a more friendly version of any regular shoot em up movie. I went with my 16 year old sister and parent, we all agreed we don't regret watch it. The role models in this movie are pretty good so are the messages. There is a little bit of swearing and bad words.
Teen, 14 years old Written byIrdray2019 October 8, 2014

Violent, bad language, and a hard concept.

I found this movie full of graphic violence and swearing, especially since the main character goes back to the beginning of the day and repeats the violence all over again.
Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

Edge of Tomorrow Review

It is a good Tom Cruise movie but once he wakes up again and again and keeps on dying it gets annoying
Teen, 13 years old Written byJimmy brew July 20, 2014

Emotional tom cruise thriller deals with violence

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of warfare violence and action,languages,sexuality/nudity and drug use
Kid, 9 years old July 18, 2014

if you are over 9 you should watch this.

theres lots of shooting and there killing metal basicly
Kid, 9 years old July 17, 2014

Great Movie!

This Movie Was Great! The Special Affects Were really good, the acting was great, except for a little at the beginning. Tom Cruise was very good at the "dumb guy role". At the end it starts to get a bit pointless though.
Kid, 10 years old July 10, 2014

IT'S FUN BUT THERES TOO MUCH VIOLENCE AND BLOOD!

you have to see this movie, it's the best tom cruise movie yet to me. the whole point of the story is a guy that lives then dies then he keeps repeating that process. theres a lot of blood, deaths, and violent scenes, i went to see this with my dad and we both loved it.
Teen, 17 years old Written byGood ole boy 17 July 7, 2014

Cool, interesting and violent action flick for teens

I enjoyed this movie and actually so did my 11-year old cousin who was with me in the theater. However there was some stuff in there that wasn't appropriate for him. It kind of starts of slow but once you get into it, it is very intense and chaotic. The humans are trying to fight off a massive alien invasion and so far they have been unsuccessful. There is a significant amount of death, even the main character dies many times(but he re-lives that day). People die from explosions, being crushed, thrown, shot, drowned and impaled. The aliens themselves(called mimics) are scary looking, move very fast and are efficient killers. As for obscene language, there is plenty of that; too much for my taste. But there is no sex, just a kiss and a dude's naked backside intended for humor. Personally, I loved the plot and premise, it intrigued me and overall a good movie.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2014

Lots of violonce but also a mixture of comedy