All member reviews for Edward Scissorhands

Teen, 13 years old Written byemmamegan July 23, 2009

Beautiful and very good, but dark and a bit scary

My other review did not show up?: A masterpiece! My favorite movie of all time. Beautifully dark and the musical score is haunting and enchanting. Johnny Depp does a FANTASTIC job as a confused misfit of a creation trying to fit in and gain the trust and love of his "adopted" family. Very thought provoking and teaches the lesson of accepting others and loving them for who they are. Some concerns I would have for my siblings would be the occasional swear word (sh----, bas------d, da---, etc.) and some mild violence (a character is stabbed and falls through a window, Edward is helpless as he is brutally beaten, he accidentally cuts himself and a child in an attempt to save him). Also there is a scene in which a woman tries to seduce Edward, which may be confusing and bring up an avoided conversation for little ones. A must see for kids, such a wonderful, lovely movie!
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2009

Tim Burton is at it again!

This movie may be Tim Burton's best! Not innapropriate at all, but some mild violence included.
Teen, 16 years old Written byOffbeat_Oddball July 15, 2009

Wonderful movie, start to finish. Artsy and heartwarming.

I was maybe, 8, when I first saw this movie, at a babysitter's house. The thought of a man with scissors for hands may scare parents, but you've got it all wrong! Poor Edward is just an uncommonly gentleman, misunderstood for his appearance. Another Tim Burton/Danny Elfman movie. Wonderful in everyway. The only -slightly- sexual part in the movie is when one of the lady neighbors shows Edward her hair cutting smocks, but it's humorous when he returns to the family and explains what happens. As for drinking, there is a little, but it's almost put out there in a silly, humorous way. It's heartwarming that somebody can love Edward as he is, unique and slightly dark on the outside, but sweet as a kitten on the inside. Not scary in the least, cool storyline, everything. But then again, this movie is just my style. I've loved it since I first watched it. Thank you, Vanessa! For showing me this masterpiece when I was younger!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKaty0 June 26, 2009

Kid, 12 years old June 9, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written bycamisado101 April 2, 2009

Character Joyce

The character Joyce (Kathy Baker? has or pretends to have an orgasam when Edward cuts her hair. So I'm not really sure tweens should watch that before they can understand it. Besides that, its a great movie!
Kid, 11 years old March 31, 2009

Heartwarming

It is sad that he was misunderstood and had to fake a death to live!
Kid, 12 years old November 10, 2008

amazing

i love this movie i almost cried i say 10 and up
Teen, 15 years old Written bybookhobbit November 9, 2008

A heartbreaker for sure.

This movie was just totally amazing. Like a lot of awkward teens, I could relate to Edward's shyness and lack of social skills; but more then that, anyone who's ever felt like they didn't quite belong will really be touched by this movie. The bittersweet ending was wonderful, and the relationship between Edward and Kim softened even my cynical, unromantic heart. I highly recommend this for anyone with an open enough mind to accept the melancholy feel and quirky sadness of this film. (An unimportant PS: Be careful, Edward's voice may make you melt from the 'aww!' factor.)
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibliophile November 8, 2008

Absolutely beautiful, sad, and hilarious!

This movie was so amazing! I almost cried at the end; my eyes got teary. Anyway, it's also really funny and an absolute masterpiece. Sex: Isn't a real issue. CSM covers it. Violence: Edward does cut a few people, including himself, but there really isn't violence. Some people chase Edward. Language: There is defintely some swearing. Around ten swear words, including God's name in vain. I really recommend this movie, particularly on Clearplay DVD Player (clearplay.com)
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe girl with t... April 9, 2008

Sad, scary, Funny, uh romantic?

I liked the idea of the snow at the very end. This movie is great, but not exactly for the little kiddies. The end was pretty graphic, but all in all it was a fun movie. check it out.

I HATE THIS MOVIE

Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Awesome! Tim Burton at his very best.

I love this movie! It's one of my 10 favorites of all time, it's just a funny, quirky, bizarre, sad, and enchanting masterpiece--it may be a bit too odd for some viewers, but I loved how strange and unique it was. Johnny Depp creates a very sympathetic and loveable character in Edward, the half-finished experiment with knives for hands. Tim Burton is brilliant at making dark fairy tales, and he really makes this twist on the Frankenstein fable a dark and amusing film. As far as content goes, Edward Scissorhands isn't for little kids. It's a fairly tale appropriate for preteens and up, since there is one mildly sexual scene (but it's played for laughs) and the ending is dark and violent. Good for kids 10+
Teen, 14 years old Written bynumberdomino April 9, 2008

Awesome Awesomely Awesome

The best movie ever But kids that don't like Tim Burton will not like this. Johnny Depp at his best Rent this if you have the chance.
Teen, 14 years old Written byhorselover326 April 9, 2008

One of my favorites

Wow. This movie's great! I'm not a fan of Tim Burton like most of the other people reviewing this movie and this movie might have been a little too dark for me if it hadn't been for the great plot, acting and humor displayed in it. It is definently a classic that everyone should see by the time their 13.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Greatist movie ever

My all time favorite movie of all time. Proberly the saddest movie of all time too. saddly Humorous

Tim Burton has bone it again

LOVE IT !