All member reviews for Election

Dark high school comedy is best for older teens.

Adult Written byshayup April 9, 2008

Dark, but funny

Good movie, good acting and interesting concept of student vs teacher.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynnowgoo April 9, 2008

good movie, but NOT FOR KIDS

I rented this with my dad, and watched it a few weeks ago. It is a very good film, great style of film-making, and amazing acting and writing, but it is ABSOLUTELY NOT FOR KIDS. This movie has a sex scene almost every 2 minutes. They discuss it, Tracy Flick (Witherspoon) has a sexual affair with a teacher... Great movie but a LOT of sex.
Kid, 12 years old May 27, 2011

No way!

I think it would be a good film BUT I am twelve and I read a review and instantly changed the channel. I think the plot and film would of been good, don't get me wrong, but it is a bit too.... rude.
Adult Written byyuri13 October 11, 2014

ELECTION

Several sex scenes,uses of f*ck and c*nt,a scene of drug use.
Adult Written byjorgeal95 December 31, 2010

Good performances&movie

Very good movie. Dark comedies are my favorite, & this is a cult classic. I enjoyed it. STRONG sexuality in the movie. Not recommended for kids whatsoever.
Adult Written byoctober1985 December 12, 2010

OMG I was Tracy Flick back in high school! Best movie ever!!!!
Adult Written byBestPicture1996 March 16, 2015

Payne gives a curious portrayal of type-A student

Alexander Payne is one of my favorite directors, and this movie only cements that spot in my mind. Though I did have a little trouble with how Tracy Flick was portrayed. If she's an overachiever: who cares? Is she annoying, sure, and I went to school with a girl like that who reminds me so much of her, just in a less extreme version. Payne wants us to dislike Flick, but we shouldn't dislike just because she shoots for the stars, we should dislike her because of the actions she does later on in the film, and that was my one struggling point. Otherwise, Matthew Broderick is hilariously deadpan as Mr. McAllister, a man whose life is crumbling in the funniest way possible (don't let him near bees). The script isn't all comedy, but it does have some GREAT one-liners in here, and just watching Reese Witherspoon completely own and destroy as Tracy is great. She's an exaggerated try-hard, and I loved watching her react to the zaniness around her.